Sea salt in your coffee while fasting

(Jonathan Walz) #1

Does anyone else put sea salt in your coffee during an extended fast? I’ve been doing it and I like it better than putting it in water. I have a vague memory of someone (my grandfather maybe?) who put salt in their coffee so I thought I would try it.

(Michelle) #2

yes, I usually salt my coffee when I’m fasting. It’s yummy.

I’m adding sea salt to coffee whether I’m fasting or not. :slight_smile:

(Carol E. ) #4

Me too!

Learned about it in this thread:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

I brew my coffee with sea salt, along with cinnamon and cayenne. 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp cayenne to a full pot.

(Jonathan Walz) #6

I haven’t tried cayenne. That sounds good!

Ok now you’ll know I’m weird- I put sea salt in coffee as well as ice cubes and la croix coconut seltzer. Sometimes also one teaspoon of hwc. I feel strengthened when I drink this- its one of my “fasting tools”. I was wondering if on eating days if there could be a way of adding in pig tongue?

(Sheri Knauer) #8

I used to put salt in my water until a few days ago when I heard Megan Ramos say that your body couldn’t use the salt very well that way and it’s better to put some directly on your tongue and let it dissolve for s few minutes, that your body utilizes it better that way.

(Jacquie) #9

@Sheri_Knauer I also add salt to my water. Do you remember where you read/heard her say that? Did she say why it’s a better way?

(eat more) #10

interesting…yesterday when making my coffee i randomly thought “should i put salt in too?”…i guess i should try it LOL

(Tim W) #11

I heard that same podcast (for Jacquie, it was fasting talk with Jimmy More, episode 17 if memory serves). She said it was absorbed more effectively through the mouth than when drank in water (she did say that ANY salt, ANY method is better than none…).

I tried it with sea salt, letting it sit on the tongue, did not like… I’m afraid it will “burn up” what few taste buds I seem to have left.

(Jacquie) #12

Thanks @infromsea :slight_smile: I’ll check out the podcast and give it a try but I think I may feel the same as you. I have no problem adding salt to my water bottle. I also salt my food well and eat dulse.

(Sheri Knauer) #13

Yes. I heard it on the latest Fasting Talk podcast (# 17) and you can hear it at around the 41 minute mark. She just says that you can mix it with water but it is much more effective it put directly on or under your tongue, that it is more effective when absorbed directly into your circulatory system from your tongue.
http://www.fastingtalk.com/17-healing-insulin-resistance-benefits-of-shorter-fasts-fasting-again-extended-fasting-vs-if-for-weight-loss-electrolyte-imbalance-coffee-enemas/#comments

(Elis Diaz) #14

I’m on day 3 of my fast and I’ve been using pink Himalayan salt in my coffee.

(Ross Daniel) #15

I use the standard Kerrygold, which is salted, to my BPC. I dont add any extra salt. I do at work when I brew a pot for the whole office. I put a dash in the grinds before I brew. People talk about how the coffee I make tastes better.

(Jonathan Walz) #16

I love Kerrygold in my coffee, but I try not to do it if I’m fasting.

(Ross Daniel) #17

I will if I’m having a hard time, but yes, since it has a minute amount of protein in it, best to avoid during a fast if possible.

(eat more) #18

ooh i’m doing that when i set up my grounds!

thanks

(Ross Daniel) #19

It will help kill the bitterness in cheap coffee, which is what work buys. :sunglasses:

(eat more) #20

salt (and fat) makes everything better :slight_smile: