Scored a bargain!

mascarpone

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1

My local Safeway had Mascarpone cheese for $2.50 off ($3.49 a tub), but when I was there earlier in the week, I didn’t have my club card. Stopped in this afternoon, and cleaned them out. Saved more than $20, and most of the sell by dates were out in May.

Here’s one of the things I use it for:

Also great in coffee, and just a spoonful to ward off snack desires.

Sale runs through the end of January, so if you shop at Safeway, may be worth seeing if they’re running the deal in your area. Found it in the specialty cheese area near the deli.

Great, now you will be known as the “weird mascarpone guy” by the grocery staff. :wink:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #3

I have ALL the mascarpone. They can call me whatever they want to, and I’ll still be happy. :smiley:

AND I have beef short ribs in the Instant Pot. I’d call that a great day!

You bastard! I went to restock mine from Wal*Mart, but they’ve been out of stock the last 2 times I’ve been there. You are wrecking the supply chain! But at least their regular price is ~$3 when they fucking have any!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

Heh. I’m a wrecker, I am.

But it could be the reason Wal*Mart never has any mascarpone is that the price is too low. Basic economics…when the price is too low, people consume more than they need in the immediate moment. Hence my clearing the shelves at Safeway. :slight_smile: