Satanhead pizza šŸ˜ˆ

pizza
gluten

I need to find a substitute for almond flour. Maybe macadamia? Im horribly allergicā€¦ like hospital style.

Also, :wink:

Are you allergic to hazelnuts?

Nope, oddly itā€™s just specifically almonds. Iā€™ve seen a few different powders on Amazon, but none are exactly cheap :confused:

Iā€™ll keep an eye out for hazels though. Thanks!

I will one day repeat this recipe with coconut flour. I have to play with the ratios. Itā€™s not straight forward.

If you can get hazelnut flour, you can substitute one for one with almond flour.

(AnnaLeeThal) #25

What I would love is something that resembles sourdough bread.

You know whatā€¦Iā€™m working on that. Thereā€™s a ā€œdutch wet processā€ Iā€™m playing around with. Will definitely report back if I can figure it out. Itā€™s tricky because I got to keep the yeast alive and happily feeding. Hang tightā€¦:wink:

(Cheryl Meyers) #27

Dana Carpenderā€™s earlier cookbooks had a lot of bread recipes using vital wheat gluten, but her later ones donā€™t use it. I find that my joints ache when I eat low carb bread made with it :weary:

Oh dear. Looks like you may be sensitive to gluten. Aw shucks.

Thank you for the recipeā€¦ I have been meaning to come up with my own low carb bread recipe using Malherā€™s ingredient list.

I even tried air tossing/stretching Carlshead pizza this weekā€¦(my 1st job was in a hand tossed pizza joint), it didnā€™t work.

Many thanks for the pictures and recipes.

Bobā€™s red mill vital wheat gluten is available via walmart for those that need to find some.

(John) #30

Tried tonight, on its second rise now, though the first time didnā€™t rise much. I think I used too much water and the yeast didnā€™t seem to really take off, so maybe next time! My yeast is a little old since I havenā€™t had a need for it in 6 months!

If the yeast is old, it will take more than one rise. Thereā€™s usually an expiration date on the package. Doesnā€™t mean expired yeast doesnā€™t riseā€¦it will take longer. In the photographs above, you will see how much the yeast puffed up when I mixed it with sugar and water. It almost overflowed the little glass cup.

(Ashley Haddock) #32

Iā€™m not 100% sure if I have issues with gluten, or if it is carbs only. I think this recipe would be a perfect way to test that. It looks amazing!! Thank you, @Fiorella!

(Ashley Haddock) #33

Yes! I miss sourdough so much! I donā€™t miss bread too often but do miss that lovely sourdough flavor with lots of butter, of course.

Working on it, Ashleyā€¦:grin:

(Ashley Haddock) #35

:grin:

(Cheryl Meyers) #36

Hereā€™s the cookbook of hers that I used ā€“ she likes Bobā€™s Red Mill too. https://www.amazon.com/001-Low-Carb-Recipes-Delicious-Lifestyle/dp/1592334148/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487833503&sr=1-3&refinements=p_27%3ADana+Carpender

(Henna Selnes) #37

Now i want to bang my head on the table and cry. :tired_face::cry: I am high allergy to gluten.

But!!

On the positive side,well done! Both looks amazing, and if not the after effects for me,I would be in the kitchen right away. :pizza::baguette_bread::ok_hand:t2:

I also react to almonds when they are ground (not whole - IKR go figure!). For me, walnuts are OK so maybe try?

(Larry Lustig) #39

If only they would develop some terrible industrial process that would produce coconut flour that did not taste like coconut!

I donā€™t mind that so much. I just find it so hard to use because it dries everything out. I do find it useful in small amounts in some recipes and you donā€™t taste it either.