Sample menu for lunch and dinner

(Heather) #1

I need a sample menu, easy on the go not super picky except for scallops. :slight_smile:

I am a single momma and have 16 yr old quads and they are active in many many activities. I make 2 dinners, one for me one for them. Sometimes a they overlap. So easy peasy meal ideas pls! Usually just do coffee and heavy cream for breakfast.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

First, why not make the same things for you and your teens? I’m not a single mom, but I do cook for my family (hubby, boy 8, girl 5, girl 2, and soon boy 6m). The kids eat what hubby and I eat, and we both eat Keto.

This isn’t an “on the go” recipe, but can be made ahead and then re-heated:

Another thing I do is cook ground beef and add heavy cream (I drain it first) and cheese, and make a cheeseburger casserole of sorts (think Hamburger Helper minus the pasta).

I also cook brussle sprouts (broiled w/ olive oil and garlic powder).

Chicken thighs can be baked w/ added butter and cream.

Also, check out the recipe section

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Also check out the “What did you keto today? Part Deux” thread where people post what they ate with photos. A good place for inspiration and seeing how diverse people are doing keto foods from simple to ethnic to gourmet. My favorite thread! :yum:. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Cindy) #4

I stopped reading that thread because it made me want to eat all of it. :wink: But I’m too lazy to cook! LOL

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Bacon and eggs is a very easy lunch. So is heating up leftovers from the previous night. I generally do meat, broccoli or cauliflower with cheese sauce, and a salad for supper. Sometimes rice or potato for the non-ketoers, depending on how I feel. I make Fathead pizza fairly often.

I tend to favor dishes that don’t require much preparation. A pork picnic is ideal, because it’s self-basting, and all you have to do is carve it when it comes out of the oven. If I feel up to making gravy, I get the roux ready during slack time, and while the roast is resting on the cutting board, I make the gravy in the roasting pan.

I have an easy routine for cutting up broccoli or cauliflower, and you can do that as soon as the roast goes into the oven (or stew into the pressure cooker). I usually do the veg in the steamer section of this double-boiler I have (don’t think I’ve ever actually used it as a double boiler, come to think of it!), and I start the water heating while chopping up the vegetable. “Salad” is usually chopped lettuce with halved cherry tomatoes in it. As long as the oven is on anyway, you can slip potatoes in for roasting; otherwise, it takes less time in the microwave, if you’re cooking only one or two. Dessert, if any, can be berries in (sugarless) whipped cream, or heavy cream in a cup of coffee. I sometimes pour some cream over Greek yoghurt—very tasty!