Rudolph the Red Meat Ruminant

(Michael) #61

First meal was a bite of beef liver, small heart steak, scrambled eggs made with heavy whipping cream and sheep brains boiled and then fried in ghee. Was best brains I have had so far, but they are not my favourite. Will probably finish what I cooked tomorrow and unlikely to buy more soon.

Send meal was mussels, salmon, ribeye steak and lots of cheese.

I prefer lamb hearts. Best lamb meat I have ever tasted. Better than roast lamb. Pan-fried in butter.

Mrs Bear is organising Christmas ham from a local farm. Free-range, local pigs.

Scored (as in, kicked a goal) with two fabulous T-bone steaks at the village butcher today. I’ve had a hankering for meat on the bone. Went to the physiotherapist this morning and he found all the pain points. Feel tired now.

Had to rescue Mrs. Bear and Billie the Labrador on their summer morning walk when they were baled up by a brown snake. These highly venomous snakes can kill a horse.

I think I was so joint achy this morning because I got stung by an “inch ant” yesterday while watering the food forest. These large ants have huge pincers which hurt but also a wasp-like sting in the tail. I copped the full whammy; pincers and sting. Nothing like a bit of ant venom to rev up the immune system. So many out-in-the-country adventures. But I’m getting out in the sunshine and into the ocean while battling (sure keeps one fit) this land’s dangerous bitey creatures.

NoFUN, 2 x coffee with cream. No cheese. 4 farm fresh pastured eggs and bacon pan fried as 1pm breakfasts.

Last week’s baked beef ribs dinner date in the city turned into pork rib roast dinner. It was yummy. The next day was the last work day and I hadn’t prepared well and fell off plan at an awards evening with food truck fare. Food trucks are for making money, not food. Back on plan the next day. I had half the rack as cold leftovers. But Mrs. Bear had pan fried some sheep’s milk halloumi slabs, so I had these interesting ‘sandwiches’ of cold pork rib roast rib topped with the warm halloumi. It was really good.

(Karen) #63

Give me good old blighty any day lol … no real nasties here, at least not in my neck of the woods. Venamous Snakes and nasty big bitey ants to overcome to have the nice weather … think I will stick with the great British unpredictable 4 seasons in one day weather :rofl: hope you don’t have any repercussions from the bite xx

SO HUBBY walked in with a Boston Creme Pie for my mom since she loves them and of course, I LOVED them too LOL

I had a forkful. I am glad I did. I was SO on the fence, try or not. Nah, don’t want it, but darn I want it BAD! Reason I am glad I did was it is not not an old favorite anymore, it is off my ‘could eat that again’ list.

One bite, tasted just like chemicals. It was nasty. It had 0 draw. I said mentally to myself, never again will I covet a Boston Creme Pie while the family and mom woofed the darn thing down HAHA

And this is why I love an elimination menu lifestyle. When you do taste a nibble back of some stuff, it is truly ‘not food’ in any way and thru our lifestyle we learn this dead straight on and I can tell, that pie, while I ate the heck out of it in the old days, won’t ever be a factor in my life ever again. Cool, strike it right off the list of could be a draw, nope!!

I got country ribs cooking now for first meal later and more in
back up in fridge.
making meatballs for family tonight, gonna make some for me too.

pork and burger. sounds good for me today :slight_smile:

Hold the carnivore way guys, it shows us SO much about our food supply out there and what truly is food for health and what is just pure junk out there!!

Carnivore on strong all!

@Karen18
very happy to read Raymond is doing good!!

Love your planter pics and darn I thought that dog was REAL when I saw it and thought, WOW K got that dog to put a paw up in that picture, what a doggie photobomb that was…and it is fake HAHA too funny

(Karen) #65

Hahaha you do make me laugh :laughing:

Been out and about today and it is a horrible miserable day too.

Brunch was lambs liver sautes in butter

Dinner was the remaining lambs liver from the pack plus some bacon. A sauted in butter again. Plus some red leicester and a bit of goats cheese.

Wasn’t over fussed with it but ate it cos 8 know its good for me lol. Prefer heart I think. Liver is a strange one, i don’t like it over cooked and not that keen on it under cooked either… this was bit of both!

Got some reduced pork in Lidl today. 3 packs of loin chops and a shoulder joint, all reduced so i was happy with that cos I think I paid quite a bit for some duck breast. There wasn’t a price on it and so bought it blind.

I have photos too. And I just restarted tracking and I feel the temptation to drop again. But I am curious. Not like it’s accurate at all… Still informative.
First I had two meals around 1300 kcal. I felt something missing hours later and ate a few bites. Apparently, those were 900 kcal… Well not poor site I use to track is to blame that I used way too much fat today… Fried things, leftover pork jowl, pork shoulders anyway…
It’s fine and dandy for me to eat fat galore but I should stick to OMAD then but I ate 3 times.
But it’s fine, 2100 kcal on a workout day is maybe just right.
It’s a NoFUSS day again, I started to eat at 4:40pm, it was dark at that time.

Nothing new, pork shoulders, row and roasted:

The bottom right corner is Alvaro’s lean meat pieces :slight_smile: Well as lean as pork shoulders can be, I just cut out most of the visible fat.

I ate this and the same but fried in a pan with pork jowl and eggs… A leftover pancake, a little Brie, a coffee with egg, cream and butter… And some pâté with sponge cake.
And frikadeller, without skin this time, only yolks, it was almost full meat. Fattier than usual but Alvaro didn’t complain, just ate it with 2 carby side dishes. I ate it alone, it was good! So different from pure meat! Or pure egg yolks :smiley: It’s amazing how big variety comes from eggs, pork, a little spice and lard… No photo about that. Maybe next time. I like that stuff and will make it often. Preferably using leaner pork.

We had SNOW! Wow. It’s rare here nowadays. But it’s too warm so it’s melting. Today we had sunshine and wind… Photo is by Alvaro, I was sleeping when the snow was at its best (just after fallen, it started to melt immediately but it goes slowly).

@Karen18: Cute planter, I like the colors a lot! :smiley: I still didn’t even paint the frog (I forget and it’s big and not smooth, I should do something with it first…) :frowning: Or as many rocks as I wanted… I am a lazy one.

(Michael) #68

I will pick up some lamb heart then next time I am around an appropriate butcher/meat shop. I am expecting to cut down on my heart intake (been fairly regular as of late), not because I do not like them, but just too little fat for my mainstay if I keep eating salmon daily (as expected). Still, will absolutely try lamb heart - thanks for the tip!

Hi Bob. You are well remembered.

(Daisy) #70

@FrankoBear how many venomous snakes do you have in your area? We only have 2 where I live: copperhead and rattlesnake. The rest are harmless.

Very large full day of eating: breakfast was a pizza toppings omelette with some added bacon and feta. 2nd breakfast was 3 chicken thighs. I put them in the smoker until I ran out of pellets :joy:, then took them out, tossed a couple in garlic Parmesan butter and then into the air fryer for a couple minutes. Thought I was going to be done for the day, but the kielbasa was calling softly to me from the fridge. I’ve been craving it for weeks now. So I made all 5 with the intent of eating one or two today. Nope… I ate all 5… :flushed: now I am finished for sure! :joy:
image image image image

(Michael) #71

Bit of a repeat this morning, eggs, bit of liver, sheep brains and a bit larger heart steak fried for just a few minutes.

Second meal was salmon, fresh beef tongue, small sheep spleen, 1 oz mussels and a bit too much cheese afterwards

(Linda ) #72

Todays food was a big lamb hocks and lamb roast but still hungry so I think I’ll made egg pudding

Wonderful pics of meals on the board. Us carnivores can take a very good photo of our meats!!

@Shinita
love your pork pic and that looks delish to me. I do eat alot of pork lately. yum

----------------TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY…wee…no biggie :slight_smile: I am not one of those who celebrate much or get worried over age, but darn, I did hit 60 today.

Mom is here, she is hitting 94 and I told her not alot of moms can say she has kids, ages 64, 63 and 60 :slight_smile: too funny

I ate good country pork ribs yesterday and yum. filled me up. the big fat on those is just so satisfying. then I had some meatballs, a few, cause they were in sauce, so I wiped a few off, eh, then I fried up a few cheeseburger patties.

No cake or anything. Hubby already got me brisket the other day so I will eat up some leftover brisket today for meal. Then got a steak for tonight. All simple and easy.

Asked me about what do I want? Yea like I need anything LOL I said for hubby and kid to clean the inside of my car, hit those windows and make them shine :wink: I hate doing cars in any fashion so on Mother’s Day and they say what do you want I say clean my car a bit. Birthday, clean my car a bit. HAHA yes I make servants out of them.

Happy Pearl Harbor Day all. Mom wanted to name me Pearl. :astonished: Thank goodness Dad said nope and I got Karen which I love :100:

Carnivore on strong all! Have a fine day!

(Edith) #74

Happy Birthday @Fangs! :tada::confetti_ball: I hope your husband and daughter do a good job with the car. Enjoy your day!

Our son was born the day the Branch Davidian Compound in Waco, TX went up in flames.

yea it is wild when one can ‘put an event’ to a bday :slight_smile:

worst to me is my cousin Lori was born on Xmas day. She said they tried so hard to make a birthday for her be special while every other kid and all were focused on Christmas Day in the family LOL

at least mine was a simple thing, I wouldn’t want that Xmas bday actually plus I sure remember the Waco event! Cool to link up a bday with some even in history.

Oh even I don’t feel the need for a cake on my birthday… Or any other day nowadays. I baked a cake today, by the way. For Alvaro’s Mom as we will visit her tomorrow and she surely will give us our Santa bags, IDK how is it called elsewhere or what countries have that on the 6th of December… It’s candy and it’s Alvaro’s job to eat most of it since I went low-carb. And she has diabetes but she only bakes with sugar so my keto cake is better. It has jam but it’s still quite low-carb. I never gave her anything for “Santa day”, usually kids get candy and we are her kids, me too, it’s nice even if the candy isn’t. But now I got reminded of it. And I almost forgot how to bake this cake despite doing it many times in the past when it was a thing for me on keto with my own lower-carb not-quite-jam.

Pork is better than cake even if I eat it every day. It seems I can’t get bored of it anymore - at least if I don’t eat much every day. But I will try that too soon :slight_smile:

I already stopped being satiated at noon (maybe the baking… I had coffee too but I used it up so no more coffee :smiley: unless we manage to buy some tomorrow. we always need some for desserts so we can’t just stop keeping coffee at home. I should be more disciplined than I ever was… well I have training, it’s not impossible, I like my hot water now and coffee is less and less interesting, it was only this exotic tasty brand now) so I ate pork, egg and pâté. Nice pork, warm and hot alike.

I plan to make a savory carni cake one day though. It’s just unneeded work and I am lazy to do it or I just forgot when I was in a “making something not so simple” mood (and I use those states on treats for others). I like pretty dishes even I don’t really need them. Food is pretty anyway. Scrambled eggs, roasts are very good looking :smiley: The pâté isn’t despite its star shape :smiley:

We need to clean the car too. We almost always forget about it when we aren’t in the car at the moment… But eventually it happens.

Pearl is a cute name, maybe not good for you, Fangs but it’s cute :smiley: Fortunately I have a not cute name myself. Simple, short for my fancy long family name. And it has no proper versions of it, one should say the official name. So I of course ended up with those horrible diminutive versions one can do with my name, I so hated it except from my Granny. She could call me anything :slight_smile: 1-2 people got very creative and changed it drastically but in a cool way…
But now I have my self-chosen nickname and almost no one calls me on my real name. My family does but my family is tiny and I see the members rarely. Alvaro calls me shiNIN as that’s my number one, real nick. But I use Shinita on various forums too. Alvaro is a nick as well, he dislikes his real name. I like my real name, I just find my own nick better and it’s more unique (Alvaro has a family nickname too and that is more unique).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :boom::cut_of_meat::hibiscus::sunny:

We have another sunny day. The snow is still here but it’s not freezing so it slowly melts and there is mud.

Alvaro was born on the 1st of May so his birthday is never a workday :). His grandpa on the 7th of November, it’s not a holiday anymore but it was in the Soviet Union times.
I have a cute summer birthday, it was never anything special, no party ever (I never had friends or just one quasi-friend and I barely had relatives and they were far away except Mom while she lived) but I rested in my favorite, real home instead of the horrible apartment in the city where we lived. I never got used to that. Next to a road with buses! I like living “in the middle of nothing” but the very edge of the village was nice too. Usually. With garden and trees and everything. I just walked for 2 minutes and I was surrounded with zillion trees and no or very few people… Ponds too. So I was there a lot.

(Robin) #77

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YOUR 60s are the BEST! Trust me. You let a lot of stuff go… except yourself. You never let yourself go!
Celebrate this new chapter. It rocks!.

oh yea I feel ya on that Robin cause I started carnivore and when I did I also started a mindset change as my body got better, zc zen ya know, and I ‘let it go’ alot more cause I am a very ‘control type person’ and do 100 things at once thru the years, but now, I almost am a hippie/gypsy type thinking, kinda more becoming that flower child person HAHA and people are amazed I am there, plus being a more loner/off grid/farmer type that I am, oh yea I am making my total personality fit my day now.

not a doubt about that LOL

(Robin) #79

@Shinita LOVE that you chose your own name! Very independent and in control and personal. That’s awesome.
I always loved my name. My maiden name was Robin Tweedy… two bird names. And I thought Robin just sounded friendly. Plus for years the only Robins I knew were boys. All my nieces, etc call me Birdie.

(Robin) #80

hah! Fellow tree hugging hippie flower child here too! 68 is next for me. And it’s a biggie, cuz I’ll have outlived my dad (58), my sis (48), and my mom (68). A generation of smokers… up in smoke. Glad to see that in my rear view mirror.

I was a democoder (there are parties and coders, musicians and graphicians etc. compete) and everyone there had a nickname. I was on IRC (oh good old days without forums and proper webpages and accents on the chat… even my roleplaying was text based), nick again. So it just came naturally, I thought a lot about it though. I was shr originally, it’s an assembly mnemonic so sounded right but I preferred something with a vowel in it or two and shinin means corpse in Japanese and NIN (Nine Inch Nails) is wonderful, Trent Reznor is a genius :smiley: I am very pleased with my current nick. Shinita is just a simple thing and too female for an androgyn but it’s fine. I am biologically female and I like it that way anyway. I just can’t identify as a woman. Gender matters little to me anyway. It has some physical consequences but people imagine a way too big abyss and that’s just not there especially individually. I like to look at individuals and love special cases so stereotypes aren’t my things. Average and differences, those are okay.

Robin is a cute name but not too cute, cheesy, girly at all! Just right. Good name. I wouldn’t mind being a Robin but I doubt we have that option in this country. I immediately think of the bird and that’s nice. And Robin Hood.
It was interesting when I figured out that some English names are boy and girl names as well (it was Leslie first). We don’t have that. There are some nicknames that have a male and female name root but the official ones are always different.
My fav unisex nickname is Tony by the way. I always call furry caterpillars Tony. I love furry caterpillars especially the big dark ones…

But if I start to write about everything, it won’t end well. I already can spend too much time with writing about food!
It’s nice we have other topics here, I just shouldn’t get carried away, I have things to do!