Rudolph the Red Meat Ruminant

(Karen) #242

Potterrd around this morning putting the plants i bought yesterday into planters and the poppy seeds 8nto troughs. We will see 8f they pop up in the springtime. They usually come up late spring early summer and then finish blooming in September. Then painted a little child’s school chair for outside to pop a planter on.

Brunch was about 2pm and I had the last slice of topside, a bit if cheese and a small plate of bacon while I was waiting for a pork shoulder was roasting in the oven.

Dinner was pork … surprise surprise. I ate all the crackling which was super crispy. Then I followed that with some slices of the meat. So lovely and moist and tender. Yum

(Daisy) #243

2 pound chuck roast and I ate every bite. Plus a couple bites off this charcuterie plate I made for this evening. At my church Christmas party I had some charcuterie and a keto friendly soup. It will destroy me, but it was very delicious. No picture.
image image image

(Michael) #244

I’m back from my hiatus. No pictures today :(, but here is my list of food I ate (and when) to break my fast at hour 104 and bring my calories back up to par.

1. 8:00 am - 1 L of homemade bone broth with a little salt for taste (waited for this to run through me, which it always does after a 3+ day fast)
  2. 12:00 pm - 6 oz of bacon and 2 eggs
  3. 2:30 pm - 12 oz beef ribeye and 1 oz beef liver
  4. 6 pm - 200 g Jarlsberg Cheese
  5. 9:30 pm - 8 oz Salmon and 3 oz beef spleen

I normally eat TMAD (large meals), but I wanted to work my calories in slower today and give my stomach a chance to deal with the return of food. I felt wonderful until the last meal, in the end I had to force the last few bites down as I was feeling too full, but I got it down. Total today was about 222 g (28.8%) protein, 242 g fat (70.3%), 7g (0.9%) carbs for a total of just over 3000 kcal. An excellent break to my fast and a kickstart to the metabolism. Bit too much protein and selenium and a bit lacking in magnesium, vit E, B9 and manganese. I’ll have some mussels tomorrow for the manganese and I am awaiting chicken and goose livers which I will switch off beef liver and into fowl livers for the added B9 and B5 to vit A ratio.

The radio is so dramatic. “Hungarians eat meat with meat this Christmas”. “Meat with meat” is an expression for eating very much meat, it probably means different things for different people, more about it later but it turned out that they merely mean that (despite all the lobbying for vegetarian and vegan eating) Hungarians stick to their traditions and tastes and they simply eat meat at Christmas. Well of course they do. Only 10% does a vegetarian Christmas (that’s pretty high, isn’t it…? well Hungary has very many vegetarians and vegans since very long so maybe not that surprisingly high… and vegetarianism can’t get turned off for holidays), mostly youngsters living alone or with their SO.
We talked with Alvaro after I told him what I have heard. He says “meat with meat” is eating meat for nearly every meal for him. I said it means one eats meat with a side of meat :smiley: Though I am aware it’s not what people usually use it for as that is pretty extreme even for meat lovers. Carnivores are too few and never heard about one in this country (surely there are some, I just haven’t heard. while I am aware of multiple raw vegans. I saw way more raw vegan blogs than keto ones, paleo is popular here, keto is still mostly unknown I think).

I am not used to Alvaro at home yet, I mean I can’t resist pulled into early (though small) meals… His workday lunches are around 3pm (super late after his 6am breakfast but he often stays satiated until 2pm. I never could do that) but when he is at home, it easily can be at noon but today he ate before 11… I finished the defrosted chicken liver (no more in the next 2 month or something…) as even he found it not so good. Indeed, it wasn’t but mixed with a nice amount of lard, it got loads better. I fry my liver in super little fat originally as it doesn’t need much.
I will eat liver just not chicken for a while…
Of course I ate pork roast too. I don’t imagine I ever will be without roast in the next several weeks. Sometimes I eat less, sometimes more but I always has it as my most important staple.
My fresh roast is pretty but it’s similar to all the others before so I won’t show it now.

NICE photos, folks! :smiley:
@Karen18, that looks so, so, so crunchy!!! I am not envious only because I have chicken skin I will fry into wonderful crunchiness soon!

fast one again all
busy busy busy, no time for the weary :wink:

today is 2 NY Strip steaks. Smaller package, maybe 1.5 lbs total so will pair up with some chicken breasts.

done deal for the day. Easy peasy. Will not overthink or nibble crap or compromise…I am AMPED for going into Jan with super clean and mindful eating so I am kinda in that zone right now. Ain’t gonna let it go, gonna keep it going full speed ahead.

off to get stuff handled. We kids decided it is retirement home community time for mom, soon to be 94 and I have to prep her room, all essential things and furniture added and I got a ton on my plate. Not going fast, ain’t throwing her in willy nilly LOL but I have alot to handle right now so I am just busy in the ol’ brain about what is needing done.

ok, over and out and be good everyone. Holiday is almost here, carnivore all the way baby~

I made my own ZC rendition :clown_face:

Santa baby, slip a Sirloin under the tree, for me
I’ve been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa baby, a Prime Rib Roast, a big one too, light rare blue,
I’ll wait up for you dear
Think of all the fun I’ve missed
Think of all the fellas that I haven’t kissed
Next year I could be oh so good
If you’d check off my Christmas list
Boo doo bee doo
Santa honey, I wanna Yak Steak, and really that’s
Not a lot
I’ve been an angel all year
Santa cutie, there’s one thing I really do need, the deed–
To a beef ranch with a gold mine
Santa cutie, and hurry down the chimney tonight
Santa baby, Fill my stocking with a seafood bonanza, and checks for more meats…
Sign your ‘X’ on the line
Come and trim my Christmas tree
With some decorations bought at Butcher Box!
I really do believe in you
Let’s see if you believe in me
Boo doo bee doo
Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing, a ring of jumbo shrimp,
I don’t mean a phone
Hurry down the chimney tonight
Hurry down the chimney tonight

OK that is the extent of my Xmas carni fun HA

(Edith) #247

It doesn’t quite rhyme but how about:

Think of all the carbs that didn’t pass my lips.

(Robin) #248

Congrats!

(Robin) #249

PERFECT. Bravo!

ohhh that was smart, love it.

yea I ain’t the creative type, lucky I got that little bit outta me :sunny:

(Edith) #251

I thought it was very creative!

you’re too kind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

(Karen) #253

Another day painting and weather protecting.

Brunch was cold pork then had a bit more and some cheese. Dinner was pork bit of ham and some cheese. Been a pit of a picky day really. Something and nothing. I miss hot food after the roast goes cold. But I don’t like wasting anything so its cold till its finished.

(Daisy) #254

Love it @Fangs!:joy::joy:

Full day of snacky eating. I knew today would be kinda nuts. I had a scrambled eggs and bacon bowl this morning and some bone broth jello. Then I went to lunch with my boss and fellow department managers. I had a couple jumbo shrimp (not pictured) and the steak salad I had planned for. Tween I called ahead they had told me I could add bacon and hard boiled egg, then today they said they have no bacon and the eggs are pickled. No thanks. A few hours later I was super hungry and craving a tuna sandwich so bad! I had bought some of those cheese wrap thingies on markdown, so threw a can of tuna and some primal kitchen Mayo into those. First time having them. They didn’t peel well off the wrap, so that was annoying, but it was good. Because I have no self control when I snack like this, I also had some cheese and pepperoni/salami (leftovers from last night’s charcuterie, also not pictured). Obviously my stomach hurts from the cheese now :joy: image image image image

Also, here are a couple of gifts I’ve received the last couple days. One from one of my Sunday school kids and one from my boss today.
image image

(Edith) #255

Okay @Fangs, you inspired me to make some tweaks to your song.

Carnivore Santa Baby, by @Fangs and @VirginiaEdie

Santa baby, just slip a rare steak under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa baby, a rack of ribs and chicken wings, too; to chew
I’ll wear a bib for them dear

Think of all the fun I missed.
Think of all the carbs that haven’t passed my lips
Next year I could be oh so good
If you check off my grocery list.

Santa baby, I want prime rib and really that’s not a fib
Been an angel all year
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight.

Santa honey, one little thing that I really need
The deed to a large cattle ranch

Santa cutie, and fill my stocking with meat sticks and jerky
Add in some charcuterie
Santa cutie and hurry down the chimney tonight

Come and fill my chest freezer
With some pastured pork, that’s a crowd pleaser.
I really do believe in you,
Let’s see if you believe in me.

Santa baby, forgot to mention one little thing
A ring of jumbo shrimp on a tray
Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight

Hurry down the chimney tonight.
I’m hungry tonight.

Christmas looks like a good few days for fasting. It will be hot. When it’s hot, it’s easier not to eat. Predicting a 107F day.

But on the meat with meat theme. That makes me think of surf’n’turf. I think I’ll be looking for cold cuts of beef or lamb and Western Australian rock lobster for Christmas lunch, if I can.

I think it is best to mentally prepare and visualise Christmas festive eating goals to help stay on plan.

I have had 2 nights of ribeye steaks. Last night I added a scrambled egg. I bake the steaks in an oven for 20 minutes rather than pan fry them. I add one bacon rasher to the baking dish - meat with meat. Midday breakfasts are 4 eggs with bacon or smoked salmon or mackerel. No cheese. The cheese has been eased - achievement unlocked. The cannabis is increasing my appetite. I’d hate to be doing a medical cannabis trial on a standard diet, it would be hunger hell for me. But the ZC WOE is good for satiety. I remain addicted to coffee.

(Linda ) #257

Todays meals started with two smallish slices of picanha but not as much fat so i knew it wasnt going to be enough… so imade beef n butter gals steamed pudding in the pressure cooker so simple and quick to make then added a pat of butter when it was cooked only two eggs and equal water…

but after half the pudding I didn’t want anymore but by then my lamb was cooked so ate three ribs off the belly to get full on fat and thats me done tons left if I needed later.

@Karen18
I am the same. Hot is so much more of a comforting meal than cold. But I also will handle cold instead of wasting meat :slight_smile:

@Ketodaisy
craving tuna. I love that and your cheese wrap things do sound annoying but darn they worked LOL I love your pics on the board! Nothing like processed meat for presents, but hey they do come in handy! My kid loves summer sausage and elk sausage and all sausages like that. Enjoy your cool presents :sunny:

@VirginiaEdie
WOW you did great on changing up those lyrics!!!
I love the, I want prime rib and really that’s not a fib and those carbs that haven’t passed my lips. You did a fine job, puts mine to shame but told ya, I am not creative really but you sure are :100:

@FrankoBear
yikes FB. 107 is no joke. Are you a more dry heat? One that makes it a tad more bearable?

Meat on meat. Nothing like a double turf to make one happy. Double teaming the meat on the plate is never a bad thing.

Glad you eased the cheese, see what better results you get being off dairy. Might really suit you.

You know I am loving that lobster picture!!! They are now priced out of my range darn it. If I get a chance down the road to get me some cheaper lobsters I am going to go all in and woof down some, be nice. Wishful thinking on that one now with the darn prices so high on them.

@Azi
seems like your working your plan very well. Doing good!
Where are you at now? You still in Nebraska or back home yet?

-------------------SO Xmas coming is no problem. Just have to hit store and buy some filet mignons later. Got my shrimp in the freezer so got that holiday meal handled.

Have to finish wrapping a few small presents. Going to be small affair. Quiet and simple. Everyone older now and no one really all that interested in Xmas anymore :slight_smile:

Still busy getting stuff handled around here and still out and about searching for meat sales to fill my freezer. Happily chicken costs are still holding lower so that is good. I think I will be teaming up my beef with alot more chicken this year to help my wallet LOL

Hold strong guys! Dec. is fading fast and a new wonderful carnivore year to come for all of us!

(Edith) #259

Yes, but your original was the inspiration.

OK I will own that :slight_smile: I had a moment I wanted to change everything in this world over to carnivore only and that song hit on the radio when I got home from buying more meat and thought, yea I am changing that to carnivore HAHA Santa needs to bring me meat, who needs jewlery and a yacht? Just bring me lobster and crab and prime rib!

LOL this Santa baby version :smiley: Witty :wink:
(I am not very familiar with the original so I listened to that while reading… Very well done!)