Rockin' October

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #161

@LizinLowell, thank you! I have reviewed this thread and read about your HWC love. I am a graduate of Whole30 and was never big on dairy until this WOE. So, I’m planning on easing up on the HWC after I finish current carton. Looks like November.

Wishing you a great day!

(Liz ) #162

@Annapet Haha! Thanks, it is SO GOOD lol. I’ve been dairy free before, Paleo, and it didn’t kill me for sure but right now I’m just working on cutting back, just to see if I even need to.

So far my new routine is working out, though! I have a black, heated up, cold brew coffee with cinnamon, salt, and 1 tsp of MCT oil first thing in the morning. It tastes fine, not bitter, more of a tea proifle than coffee IMO. Then I just wait until my eating window in the afternoon to have a delicious coffee with HWC! I end up drinking less coffee this way and using less HWC as well, which works for me. My stall seems like it might be breaking, no definitive scale victories yet but I’m finally hopeful.

I hope at this 7+ month mark my insides are healing and rearranging and getting things in order while I wait to drop more fat but there’s always that part of me thinking I’m really totally stalled out for 2 months and it’s up to me to change things up and get it going again. As always, trying to be patient & KCKO!

4th warrior fast this week, wife is doing a “fat fast.” My weight is the same as it was a couple of months ago, (178) so I am pretty much in “maintenance.” I still have some flaps on the sides that appear to be residual fat and maybe even excess skin. Yuck. The clothes are all loose, and even my watch and rings are loose.

(KCKO, KCFO) #164

Just had dinner planning on going 36 hrs. I am finding I am too tempted to snack late nights if I’m not doing IF or an EF. So I am opting for 36, hope my body plays along with my mind.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #165

Happy Friday, EVERYONE! Competed 4 Days of 22:2.

Friday - Sunday schedule taking a break from 22:2 (staying keto of course), and resuming on Monday.

Wishing you all a great weekend!

(Liz ) #166

So this is day five of my new black-coffee-only mornings18:6 IFing, and the scale actually nudged down! Finally! I don’t trust it not to shoot back up, lol, but I’ll take it for now :rofl:

This keto thing is a journey for sure, It’s never the same month to month. Since my stall started about 8 weeks ago I would eat dinner, feel sated, have had all the calories I’m used to eating for the day, then an hour later I’d be hungry again. I’d try to stave it off with fats though I get plenty in my lunches and dinners, but only like, cheese or bacon will take care of it. Not much, maybe an ounce or two. So it must be a protein thing. I’ve been doing fine with like, 60g a day but lately my body seems to want more like 70 or 75. I’m used to not trusting my signals from being so IR all these years but on keto they are supposed to be regulated so I eat when I get a hunger signal and hope it’s valid. (Unless I’m fasting, of course). No idea what’s going on but as long as I feel like I’m progressing in health, I’m going with it.

5th warrior fast this week. We are going to a Halloween party tonight, I will be Mr. Spock. Wife will be an orange crayon. Hopefully they will have some lo-carb munchies, if not we will wait until we get home. Since I am now a non-drinker we are bringing our own San-Pel.

(James Taylor) #168

Awesome Liz on the coffee and the scale! You got this! :coffee:u

In case it helps with tinkering and any EF, there is anecdotal evidence that for females, `2-3 carbs in the morning fatty coffee maintains the fasted state while also stabilizing the ancient female biodynamism to keep burning fat rather than get alarmed and lurch into fat storage on behalf of the species due to zero carbs.

I came across this topic somewhere on Leanne Vogels’ blog or in a video, where my own hunches were validated about how my half n’ half or HWC+a bit of grassfed milk in my cofffee were working for me (as continued inches lost/muscle fed proves out). It seems to apply to females up through the climacteric at least - though no studies as yet exist on it to my knowledge.

(Liz ) #170

@jtaylor1966 Thank you! Big relief. Now to see if I can keep it going.

@SlowBurnMary Fascinating, thank you! I strongly believe men & women experience Keto very differently. I’ll pay attention to what you mention & see if I notice things working better or not when I have something in the morning. Having my creamy coffees was working fine up until recently so that’s why I’m switching it up for now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #171

Broke my fast at 40 hrs. I’ll take that. Both my sisters stopped by and wanted me to go have lunch with them. Our mom passed away earlier this month and we had a lot to talk about and go over, so we went somewhere I could have keto foods, seafood place for grilled shrimp and seasonal veggies.

When I got home, I finished off a slice of keto pumpkin cheesecake pie with whipped cream. Plan to eat tonight and do IFing for a couple of days then start a new fast.

Oct. has flown by, and the serious feasting season is quickly approaching. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Chanukah, New Years, etc. Seems like everyone feasts at the end of the year.

(Doug) #172

The honeymoon, apparently, is over. I’m rarely home, and only weigh myself there. Started in April, 340lbs/155kg, scared by my doctor’s diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. Lost 40 lbs in the first 3 or 4 months after that, without much effort. Keto and fasting and all was well. September had me down another 14 lbs; making good progress. 286 lbs.

Got home yesterday, 291 lbs. Ouch. Non-keto eating the day before could explain some little bit of gain, but for sure no progress in the last month. Naturally, it’s going to get harder as we go down in weight, and I have slacked off way too much this past month. So…

Doug, I feel your pain, I gained back about 7 lbs since my low in August. :frowning:
I seem to be unable to find any NSVs either.
I have been reading in the forum for tips and encouragement.
I’m going to keep up the IF and EF as I feel led, so to speak.
But mostly, my plan is to KCKO! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bacon:

(KCKO, KCFO) #174

It happens and the best plan is to eat more bacon and KCKO, with some KCFO mixed in for good measure.

I had hit a new low weight on the Zornfast, I went back into fasting because 3 days later I hadn’t gained it all back but had gained too much to be comfortable with. So I just got off a 40 hrs. fast, ate lunch and dinner and plan to fast on tomorrow till I feel like eating again.

(Liz ) #175

Hello, group! Well my “week of tweak” worked! Or my body was going to do its thing regardless & I’m taking credit lol. But I finally hit a new low on the scale & feel very relieved not to be hovering in limbo anymore, even if it bounces back up like it often does.

Just because the timing is good & my husband wants to make himself a big pot of chili (which is not my favorite) I’m going to start a (hopefully) 72 hour fast after a brunch we’re attending today.

Downloaded the Vora app to track my time. Ready to only use a bit of MCT oil in my coffee throughout the fast. Got my salt, potassium, and magnesium handy. Let’s see how this goes!

@collaroygal ,Thank you for this, I can use all of the encouragement I can get :wink:

Hi Liz,
I hope this goes well for you and Congratulations on your tweak success!

(Donna ) #178

Remember my cholesterol test that I was ‘studying for’ last week? The results are in and they are fabulous! I’ve been doing IF/EF since Oct 2, and clean Keto (was LCHF for the past 4.5 years) and I broke my fast and ate high fat for 3 days before this blood work.

I’m hypothryoid. Maybe that’s why I can’t get my HDL up? Overall, I’m so very pleased with my new cholesterol numbers! The doctor won’t be talking statins to me on this visit!

You said it! Hang in there, friend,

KCKO is my plan for life, so I figure what’s the hurry? As a super slow loser, I get frustrated at times too — don’t get me wrong. Had a few gains this year that eventually turned into losses again. Nothing else to do but KCKO…

I want to get a t-shirt that says “Hurry up and wait” because it seems to apply to so many things in life… :smiley:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #180

Happy Monday! Let’s rock the last 2 days of this month!

I was worried the mango last night would spike my blood sugar, or kick me out of ketosis. Feeling great, checked last night and again this AM. All good!

Will have to read more about ketosis.

Wishing you all a great week.