Rockin' October

(Liz ) #21

Condolences on the passing of your mother :heart_decoration:. Iā€™m so glad your generation is on perhaps a better path to health.

(Liz ) #22

Looking forward to your Dexa scan update!

(Liz ) #23

Maintenance practice, I love it!

4th day of the warrior fast, feeling great. I am trying to do some exercise everyday. I took the stairs to my office (12th floor) earlier this week, thought I would have a heart attack. Tonight I will just walk around the neighborhood, maybe once around the duck pond.

Wow 12 flights, I would have a heart attack! Good for youā€¦

Whatā€™s a warrior fast?

Essentially one meal a day.

Oh ok, thank. Iā€™ve been doing a fair amount of it, then!

(KCKO, KCFO) #28

Woke up this morning and realized I am ready for another 36+ hr. fast. So only coffee/splash of HWC, water & pink salt for me, Iā€™m 14 hrs. into it. Iā€™m listening to this:

@ourtown, I often walk to a park nearby and enjoy the ducks and geese. Walking is my favorite activity, it really is great not just physically for you, but you get out and enjoy your day, sunshine and open skies.

I canā€™t wait till I wake up ready for a 36 hour fast! You rockā€¦

Prayers for your mom and your family. I am glad to hear you and your siblings are doing well with your health. We have a lot of work (we=humanity) on turning around the health problems weā€™ve been passing along to the next generation.

(Bella Tricks) #31

Heya Liz. Have you tried mct oil and butter in coffee? The HWC can cause insulin production. The MCT oil is dope cos it doesnā€™t taste like coconut! IMHO.

Isnā€™t craving for protein satisfied by eating fat? I think I heard @richard say that somewhere.
Also. My boyf has been hanging round the same weight. Then he did some light weight training and viola! Plateau broken.
Good luck

(Liz ) #32

Thank you for the tips! I will certainly try all those things. I think Iā€™m battling a bit of an addiction to the HWC & will need to break that with substitutions like you suggested plus will power :smile: I definitely need to incorporate exercise back in now that Keto has eliminated most of my aches & pains!

(Bella Tricks) #33

Hey all. Iā€™ve been doing 18/6 for about 6 weeks. Now trying to do at least 20. But Iā€™m really hungry. Wanting to trouble shoot.
DETAILS: I stop eating at 3pm. (Cos Iā€™m always hungry in the morning.) But by 7 or 8pm Iā€™m really hungry.
Iā€™ve got plenty of body fat to feed on. Why am I hungry? I wasnā€™t last week.
Thoughts: not enough water. Or salt.
Not enough calories in my window. Add some fat to my meals.
Honestly, Iā€™m eating keto but I havenā€™t been adding fat, thinking my body could provide the extra fat for ketones. Maybe I need to keep the fat up.
Ive been keto 10 months so Iā€™m adapted.
Also, I normally have apple cider vinegar with salt and have run out.
How does acv help ?
Love some feedback. :slight_smile: Bel

(Doug) #34

Hi Bella. Water, salt and other electrolytes, apple cider vinegar, etc., all help me - sort ofā€¦ Nothing is a ā€œmagic bullet.ā€ Salt is a good remedy, though maybe only short-lived. I fire up a small handful of salt, and I mean a really small one - like 10 or so of the big grains of the pink stuff right on my tongue, and then go back to whatever else I was doing, and for a little while all is well with the world. A half hour later, though, who knows?

I think the ā€œlocal variationā€ - how much one varies from day to day - overwhelms other stuff. Or perhaps that is on an individual basis. Could it be that youā€™re not yet entirely fat-adapted, and that in the evenings your blood sugar is declining some?

(Hillary ) #35

I am too, girl!

5th warrior fast day this week. Last night broke the fast with some Brussels Sprouts (sauteed in butter), pork chops & sour cream (in butter & olive oil). Tasty. Wife liked it too.

I am kind of in the mood for some tuna salad and tomato soup. For the tuna salad, I do tuna (duh), boiled eggs, a little celery & onion, mayo, dijon mustard, and olive muffalata. For the soup, I do tomato puree with HWC and parsley.

(Liz ) #37

Yesterday was our 15th wedding anniversary so we went back to that farm-to-table steakhouse we loved last month when we went for my birthday. I loaded up on fatty ribeye with Roquefort butter, and grilled asparagus. After dinner I started what I hope is a 72 hour fast! It might not work with my period but if the timing is OK for my body I will be pleased. If not, Iā€™ll eat! I love Keto/fasting :smile: This weekend I have open studios both days and am curious to see how that goes fasted.

Sounds delicious. Iā€™m curious how you fit tomatoes into your macros, though, I have so much trouble doing it!

(KCKO, KCFO) #38

Congrats on 15 yrs. together. The restaurant sounds like great fun too.

Tomatoes are a veg I make space for, you can use organic tomato paste to do what ourtown did.
Iā€™m at 36 hrs. fasted so better stop reading all the good food bits in here for now. Want to make it to at least lunch time today.

(Liz ) #39

Oops, sorry! I should have blurred the food references in my post :blush:

Thank you! Itā€™s the strangest place, that restaurant, itā€™s basically in a corporate park and should be a soulless glass nightmare but itā€™s legit farm to table! The owners of the restaurant also have a farm. Who knew? Itā€™s crazy expensive though, so only for the most special occasions, sigh.

I look at the carbs in tomato paste and I canā€™t get over how many!! I mean I use a few tomatoes here and there but they still seem really high for me. I make room for bits of carrot as well though I know there are ketoers who do not. So I guess itā€™s all about what you want to eat!

Me too. Howā€™s this: eat more bacon.