Pushups and Squats Challenge

(Dan Dan) #41

James get a unbranded TRX Suspension Trainer it allowes you to do most GYM workouts at home starting with easier versions $35:grin:

“May the Force (fat adaption) be with you”

IF/EF Keto WOE is Self-Discovery :wink:

Good luck and much success in your journey in IF/EF Keto WOE :grin:

(Dan Dan) #42

I am belly challenged so I do Kitchen Counter Pushups started with 3 sets of 10 Nov30th Now up to 3 sets of 30 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Started Squats Nov 30th 3 sets of 10 Now up to 3 sets of 30

as of dec 27th I added the TRX Supension I posted above and a recombant exercise bike (my new recliner) :grin:

(Brandan E. Lloyd) #43

I’m proud of you! It starts with little changes and in time you will hardly recognize yourself. Keep it up, your health is worth it.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #44

I have a TRX and it is the bomb!

(Pat) #45

Thursday AM
3 sets of 5 squats and my knees didn’t actually explode- they just sounded and felt like it!

Ok, Yesterday I got 17 total.
set one7
set two 5
set three 5

Year Total Pushups: 27

(Brandan E. Lloyd) #47

I just finished week 5, day 2 of the 100 pushup program.

Based on the “Just 6 Weeks” iPhone app that I am using this was: 36, 42, 38, 33, 24+

I am hitting the reps but not with the form that I would like so I will probably redo this week next week. Having done this program a few times in the past I know that I typically get stuck around this week and have to redo it a few times so I am not discouraged.

A few things that help me when I am doing pushups:

• I find that it is easier if I keep my abs tight while I do my reps, I try to lock my feet in and hold myself in a tight plank and I seem to be able to do more reps doing that
  • I do my reps in my head in groups of 10 (so I count 1-10, 1, 1-10, 2, 1-10, 3 then I know I have done 30 reps) otherwise I think I mentally psych myself out when I get to larger numbers. Mentally it is harder for me to hit 40 than to hit 10 for the 4th time.
  • Also as a mental hack I keep a larger number in my head than I am supposed to do. If I am supposed to hit 38 I aim for 40. The last few pushups are harder regardless of what number I am doing.
  • I have also learned that if I keep my head up looking forward rather than at the floor my body keeps better form. If I look at the floor I tend to dip my head rather than lower my body.
  • Lastly, typically I do my pushups while I go for my morning walk. I find that it is easier to get going mentally if I tell myself that I just have to walk rather than think of it as a workout. I have “stations” where I do my pushups all the time so I know when I hit that location it is time to push.

Thanks for posting progress everyone, I love reading it!

(Pat) #48

Great tips! I love the idea of a walk with stations built in. I’m going to give that a try this weekend!

(What The Fast?!) #49

Did Day 2, Week 1 this am! I love that last tip @Brandan!!

(Duncan Kerridge) #50

Good tips, thanks Brandan. Week 2 day 3 for me tomorrow, first time double figures on each set.

4 sets of squats today.
20, 15, 15, and 15 for a total of 65
Year total: 105

(Pat) #52

James- how long between sets? I’m new at this😺

(Tovan Nhsh) #53

So far, so good. Squats are easier than push-ups for me. As far as push-ups six is the most I can manage consecutively. I try to do multiple sets throughout the day just depends on where/when I think of it. Squats I can make twenty before my legs go all jelly (same as push-ups, I try to do multiple sets).

Be careful I pulled a shoulder muscle trying just to hang on a bar. Took me 5 months to heal. My chiro thought I was nuts to try it while overweight.

(What The Fast?!) #55

I’m dying to add in squats. I pulled my hamstring so pushups is all I can do at the moment. :frowning:

(Pat) #56

Friday
3 sets of 5 :ambulance:

37 p ups so far

I have been doing about 2 hours between sets. I just do them throughout my day.

I figure any thing is better then just sitting all day. I think pushups and squats are good for a couple of months.
I plan on adding planks eventually.

Good Job, I am curious what the totals will be at the end of the year.

you could do the sets closer togeither if you are doing a work out. But, I like to take my time.