Post Your Bad Science Here!

I’ll go first:

Sure lets have sugar to combat hypertension, sounds about right. Also, since when are nitrates good for you? I thought that was the argument against bacon? At least they encourage avocados.

Health benefits of swapping animal proteins for plant proteins
(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

“Come on, guys, ripen already! You can do it!” :bacon

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

My favorite bad science is that beef gives you diabetes—saw that in a video on what turned out to be a vegan site.

(Renee Slaughter) #4

Wow! Oranges heart healthy fiber? Seriously? Never heard that one before.
Looking forward to reading this thread

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

Need we even discuss?
https://www.amazon.com/China-Study-Comprehensive-Nutrition-Implications/dp/1932100660/ref=nodl_

(KetoCowboy) #6

(Renee Slaughter) #7

“You can lose a significant amount of weight on a low-carbohydrate diet when followed faithfully, but you cannot stay on this type of diet for extended periods because you risk carbohydrate deficiency.”
Yeah that’s what we want. Lol this one was a hoot and a hollar.

(Rob) #8

Are you sure we should start something like this can of worms… we should probably check to see if Discourse software has a maximum number of posts limitation?

:grin:

Oomg

(Omar) #10

Fiber is good for your colon and it helps bowel movement.

It is not true. At least I should say for me.

(Sophie) #11

Is this for real? uugghh

(Renee Slaughter) #12

Huh? Sratching my head.

(Jay Patten) #13

Netflix has a documentary film called “What the Health.”

10 minutes into it a doctor says that diabetes is caused by fat and processed meat, not by sugar and carbs.

I wonder many of his patients have been cured of their T2D under the care of this “expert” doctor?

Probably not many.

(Renee Slaughter) #14

I remember that. I thought OMG is he serious right now?

(Jay Patten) #15

Yeah, that’s about the time I turned it off, lol

(Bunny) #16

Screams keto!

The China Study References
In The China Study, T. Colin Campbell, PhD and Thomas M. Campbell II, MD detail the connection between nutrition and heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Recognized as the most comprehensive nutritional study ever conducted on the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease, The China Study cuts through the haze of misinformation and examines the source of nutritional confusion produced by government entities, lobbies, and opportunistic scientists. Our China Study Reference library provides links to the on-line abstracts of the studies used in each chapter.

https://nutritionstudies.org/china-study-references/

(Jay AM) #17

Nitrates are actually found naturally in most ground grown foods.

Nitrates can convert into nitric oxide or nitrosamines, depending on what other chemicals are present, and the conditions. Unfortunately, vitamin C encourages conversion to nitric oxide, which is good for dilating blood vessels (hence lowering blood pressure), while heat encourages conversion to nitrosamines, which is a carcinogen.

When I was running half-marathons, I was encouraged to drink beetroot for endurance:

I would have rather eaten cold bacon and taken a vitamin C tablet… but hey, science progresses, right? :smiley: I now know for when I next start training again!

Thanks for sharing this!

wat