Pork rinds and cream cheese-OMG

(Raj Seth) #22

A case. Amateur! :rofl:

(Cindy Gooch) #23

I hadn’t had pork rinds in quite a while, but decided to try them, using Crema Mexicana as dip (runnier and less tart). Sheesh. I unleashed a monster! I will have to forego the pork rinds for quite some time. I can eat 3 bags of those things in one sitting. :disappointed_relieved:

(Troy) #24

Maybe someone else can link it please
I’m eating bacon right now. :joy:

Its in another thread the below

Just a reminder
Although not a “ complete protein “. Not a complete amino acid chain ( guessing )

Therefore, One should count the added protein in Your macros or at least it was recommended
For those that are counting :wink:
YMMV

So yes, the protein can add up in fast

(Dana M Orr) #25

Brilliant idea!! :grinning:

I actually don’t like those. They have a weird consistency. I prefer the real thing.

(Jennifer) #27

Spicy pork rinds with pimento cheese spread is my jam this week.

(Nancy) #28

Well, who would have thunk it, LOL. It was really good. Satisfied my need for crunch plus really liked the combo with cream cheese. Yup, on my keto list now. Thank you for posting.

Mine arrived today. I like them!

Although they didn’t all “pop” — I’ll try nuking for longer next time. Although the fresh chicharrones from my Mexican market are like that, too… some pieces are too hard to chew (for me anyway).

UPDATE: Second time I nuked for a full two minutes and they came out perfect!

Can you please post the nutritional label and ingredients for these awesome pork rinds. I will see if I can get them in oz

(Troy) #31

Utz and Lowreys :grin:

(Rob) #32

Probably not… but there are local brands that vary from the dry “chips” US style to the British fat attached “scratchings”…

(Karen Dierolf) #33

When I first discovered pork rinds and cream cheese that’s about all I ate for two weeks straight! Lost over 10 pounds!

(Kyle Kerstiens) #34

Someone on here got me to try mixing the French onion pack into sour cream to make dip. That is also wonderful

I can honestly say that had never occurred to me. Yet ANOTHER thing people are keeping to themselves!
My primary food source is now pork rinds and cream cheese. I don’t yet have an acronym for this WOE, feel free to suggest.

PRCC? Hmmm…

(Raj Seth) #36

The great keto pork rinds experiment
TGKPRE

Watch out for the ingredients in your French onion soup mix- here is the list from one popular brand here in Australia
onion (78%), potato starch, flavours, sugar, maize starch, yeast extract, salt, mineral salt (potassium chloride), food acid (sodium citrate), parsley, colours (caramel iv, turmeric), sunflower oil, flavour enhancer (635), spice extract.

(Sommer Strickland) #38

I looked these up on Amazon, but I don’t understand why they are microwaved and it says 60% less fat than other pork rinds!!

(Kyle Kerstiens) #39

You are correct about the onion dip package having carbs. I use half a packet in a tub or sour cream. The entire tub has 16 g carbs added because of the onion mix… so it’s worth noting but minimal if u are only snacking.

(Crystal) #40

Y’all should try pork rinds as a cereal. :blush::blush:. Melt butter in microwave about a stick. And put about cup of pork rinds in a gallon storage bag pour butter all on the pork rinds have sugar and cinnamon ready to sprinkle on them. I usually use about 3-4 tablespoons of erythitol and 2 tablespoon cinnamon. You can add more. But then you twist bag up and use fingers to blend in it. Crunch it up little bit Pour in a bowl and pour some almond milk on them and enjoy. Yum yum !!!

(Meggan) #41

That sounds fantastic!!! Imma try it ASAP but imma add a dash or two of heavy whipping cream (also you can add water to dilute and absolutely no cards and to me taste better than those nut milks)