Pork rinds and cream cheese-OMG

Ok, so I’d seen this mentioned, thought, meh, whatevs.

But…I just tried them.
Crispy pork rinds, cool creamy cream cheese. EVERYBODY should eat this! It should be part of the newbie induction to tell people about this snack.

Frankly I’m disappointed that I’ve been in this forum for almost four weeks and I had to learn about this all by myself. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, keeping this deliciousness to yourselves.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I propose new Keto rules;
Less than 20g carbs,
Moderate protein
Fat to satiety,
Eat pork rinds with cream cheese.

Nom nom nom…

(Troy) #2

Nothing to see here
Just move along I guess :heart_eyes:

:joy::joy:

Hahaha!

You wait till you have tried chorizo crisps, with cream cheese dip.

Just buy some sliced chorizo (or salami) and place it between two layers of kitchen paper.
Micro til crisp (with mine that is 8 slices for 90 secs)
They crisp up as they cool.
Enjoy!

(Rob) #5

I eat mine with full fat sour cream and homemade buffalo sauce - spicy and creamy.

Cream cheese I save for bacon on the crispy side!

I just googled “pork rinds”,my whole life I didnt even know it existed! Going to make some soon,thank you OP :kissing_heart:

(Mother of Puppies ) #7

On my list

(Angelica Lopez) #8

I like the cracklins better as they have more tasty fat on them and have almost a bacon flavor. If you like pork rinds then do this… Put them in a food processor, season them and use them as breading for chicken, chicken nuggets, etc and fry those babies up. Let me tell you… amazing! You definitely won’t miss flour at all.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #9

Is anyone going to tell her about the pork rind pancakes, or should we keep that a secret too?

(Raj Seth) #10

How about microwave pork rinds?
c5bb7226e07c11fc86953fe29d1762e2
I get these cases mail order from Walmart. $14 for an 18-pack.
01bd0d83743d53a732b5daa7e0d57b98
Once you have these, the old Utz & Baken-ets will never cut it again. They snap crackle and pop as you hold them and guide them to nom nom heaven :heart_eyes:

I have 6 cases in the pantry - as I was getting these pictures from my order history, I saw that Wally has them on “Clearance” so ordered 6 more :grinning:

At first I thought you were joking,then I googled it and verified its real.This thread is goldmine!

(Diane) #12

Just make sure you use fresh pork rinds, if they’re stale- the pancakes will taste weird. You may have to try a couple of different brands to find one that works the best.

(Bev Anne Moynham) #13

I like my pork rinds (chicharrones) with guacomole which I make from frozen avocados, whatever spices I fancy that day and any healthy fat I have lying around. I use the frozen avocados because the fresh ones are usually half rotten by the time they get to Canada.

(SuzyS) #14

Went to Guadalajara not to long ago. Us americanos thought guac/ pico de gallo and Chips were the norm. How lucky to find that chicharrones and freshly made guac is what they serve. I was in heaven!!!

(Mary ) #15

Try pork rinds with dill pickles for a fantastic snack! :sunglasses:

Try pork rinds with liver pate…

We LOVE pork rinds! We do them up like popcorn - heat them a bit in the microwave, Then melt a LOT of butter, and drizzle it over them. Finally, sprinkle on LOTS of finely shredded parmesan cheese, or your favourite popcorn topping. (We like the parm because there are fewer additives in it).

The only problem with this recipe is that it disappears WAY too fast… :slight_smile:

Keto on!
Brawny

And good tossed with butter and cinnamon “sugar”…just saying…

Wow! I’m ordering!

(Raj Seth) #20

I just took inventory. I have 14 cases x 18 each or over 250 packs. Whew! Maybe enough for 3-4 months.
When I get below 100 packs (6cases), I’d better order some more👍