Pork Rind and Cheese Crackers

(Candra ) #1

These chips are amazing (so much better than cheese crisps that only use cheese or Whisps IMO!) I didn’t have chives so I left them plain and only made enough to fill my 6 hole muffin pan that fits in my toaster oven. Next time I am going to experiment with adding less cheese (I am not a fan of cheese crisps) so they taste more crackery (is that a word?) and less cheesy and adding sesame seeds or hemp seeds. I am thinking this would make a great taco shell also!
http://durhamslovelifetravel.com/3-ingredient-low-carb-cra…/

(Jennifer) #2

That link is erroring out for me. But I found it…

These look awesome.

http://durhamslovelifetravel.com/3-ingredient-low-carb-crack-chips/

(Jennifer) #4

:slight_smile: - This forum software is really user friendly. You just have to copy/paste the URL in the text window. It will box it in like above.

Welcome and thanks again for the recipe.

(Candra ) #5

I just realized that I did it correctly but somehow copied the URL wrong. I had posted this in a FB group also along with the info from my “Things I covered in chocolate today” post and when I split the post up in this forum it somehow got wonky! Thank you though … this type of forum will be a learning curve for me.

(Dustin Cade) #6

Can’t wait to try these

Do they keep well? I like to do things in batches… so making a few bags at a time and being able for them to stay crisp would be a benefit.

(Candra ) #8

I only made 6 to try them but I imagine that they will stay crisp because once cooled they were very crisp. They had more of a chip (tortilla chip) consistency than a true cracker consistency.

(Candra ) #9

Today I made these with spicy rinds and mozzarella. They were awesome! I had to lower the cook time a tad, maybe because of the dextrose in the spicy rinds or because of the lower fat in the cheese, my first round burnt and I had to throw them away :disappointed: They came out a bit chewier probably because of the lower fat but I liked the less cheesy taste of the mozzarella. I added some hemp seeds to the last batch and although it didn’t add a ton of added flavor like a sesame or flax seed might they did add an added texture. This recipe is a keeper! Just use pork rinds, any cheese you like and some flavoring (or not)!

(roxanna) #10

Excited to try these!

(Jennifer) #11

First batch I made was a little dry, so I added some mozzarella. Second batch turned out perfect… These are yum and really hit the spot. Really easy in silicon cupcake molds.

I was craving chips and queso - found a low carb queso at Costco the other day and the first failed batch is now history.

(Carol E. ) #12

Thanks! :sunglasses:Cool low carb recipes on this same site
http://durhamslovelifetravel.com/low-carbketo-recipes/

(Candra ) #14

Yes … the "Fried Chicken Egg Rolls"using chicken skin as a wrap will be my next try!

(Dustin Cade) #15

Trying to find chicken skin… No far no luck

(Candra ) #16

Did you try a butcher? I heard that sometimes they sell the skin but I have no personal experience with this. You may just have to buy some chicken. A whole chicken will give you a good amount of skin. Leg quarters have a good amount also. Once you remove the skin you can then bake or boil the chicken and it will give you some wonderful broth that you can use in recipes, soups or to drink … it’s especially good if you fast at all.

(roxanna) #17

Me neither, so annoying. I’ve called every butcher and grocery store in the area.

(Dustin Cade) #18

i’ve gone to one, they said they would check with their supplier and return my call, they did not, so i will check elsewhere.

(Jennifer) #19

I still had some crisps left over - they get a little soft after a couple days. I put the remaining in the freezer since I am fasting most of this week. I’m sure they will reheat just fine on a hot a pan or even in the microwave. I’ll let you know when I take them out.

(Liz S) #20

The website is gone :frowning:
Does anyone have the recipe?

(Candy Lind) #21

@NiennaS I am in the same boat - just found this, wanted to check out their recipes and the website is gone! :sob:
I hope @KetoHippy or @birddog27 or SOMEONE saved off that recipe - I’d really like to try it!

(Liz S) #22

Yeah it sounds great!. I need to start putting recipes either on paper or into a google drive cookbook. It’s such a bummer when sites disappear and take their tasty recipes with them!