Poll- OMAD- separate window for fatty coffee?

Poll for OMAD peeps … do you have your fatty coffee in the same eating window as your OMAD, or is it separate? I’m not looking for what’s “correct” to qualify as “OMAD.” Just curious in general when people share OMAD experiences, are you including fatty coffee or is it separate - in your own personal experience. :slight_smile:

Me… I consider myself OMAD most days with my fatty coffee separate. (8am coffee, which I drink over the course of two hours… and then about a 12pm OMAD). Then I fast 20 hours until 8am coffee the next day.

(George) #2

It’s tends to be separate for me. For the past month or so I’ve become more and more of a Starbucks addict, so I’ve been buying a cup on my way to work almost daily. Most days I just get a black Nitro, so not fatty. But, I will get either their brand iced coffee or an iced Americano with light heavy cream 1-2x/week.

(Allie) #3

Personally if I have a fatty coffee in the morning and eat later, I don’t count the day as OMAD.

(CharleyD) #4

I used to do fatty coffee anytime and eat OMAD, but I got to a point where I wouldn’t lose weight anymore.

Going to tea (Earl Grey or Green) anytime, or fatty coffee only during the eating window broke the stall for me.

(bulkbiker) #5

Coffee morning (3 large mugs), tea afternoon (1 large mug) dinner evening followed by another coffee (1 large mug) .
All coffees with double cream (10-15 ml each) tea with lactofree milk(30 ml) all measured!.

Just morning coffee, black :slight_smile:

('Jackie P') #7

I’m similar in pattern to @MarkGossage, I drink tea with almond milk during the day, coffee and cream mid morning, have dinner about 6pm (unless I lunch with the ladies) and another coffee with cream after.
Is it OMAD? The OMAD Police might say no, whatever, it’s what I do😊

(bulkbiker) #8

Must be something to do with Worthing…!

('Jackie P') #9

Haha! The Worthing Way!:blush:

(Susan) #10

I am strict about only eating or drinking any calories during the eating window. I don’t drink coffee anymore, but I drink Tea and Herbal tea, plain during Fasting period, and add some unsweetened vanilla almond milk during the Eating period.

I keep an “insulin window” and anything without carbs or protein is fair game.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #12

I consider my coffee as separate, except that I drink so many cups some days that it’s more like a 5 or 6 meals daily. Keto fail, I’m sure, except I’m still losing weight. Thank God.

(Khan) #13

10am . My “Bulletproof” coffee
1tbsp MCT
1 tsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp cacao powder
1 tbsp Coffee

Just started this coffee yesterday. I dont really know if it’s the proper way but I have been reading through these forums and I think everyone has their own take :slightly_smiling_face:

I have been doing OMAD for the last few weeks. Love it.

So coffee at 10am -ish and my OMAD at around 7. Separate windows. I feel pretty good. :+1:

(Bruce Pick) #14

Yorkshire Khan,
I would call that Loaded Coffee - a good thing!

(Mike Glasbrener) #15

Separate for me. Coffee is in the morning with some heavy cream. Meal is around 6:30pm. I’m usually done by 7:30 or so and often over eat a tiny bit. I recently redeficated back after a slump and am dropping ~10lbs/month. I find omad easier than multi day fasting.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #16

What’s the point of fatty coffee anyway ? I eat plenty of fat, and never miss my 22 oz mug of double strength coffee… But I do put a double shot of cream in it, so I guess it’s somewhat fatty…

But I think the OP is referring to coffee + oil added or whatever.

If that would help me somehow, I’d be better with just chugging down a swallow or two, then drinking my coffee the way I currently make it…

(Allie) #17

It tastes nice :joy:

(Susan) #18

I would call your coffee a fatty coffee still, Chris, because you put a “double shot of cream in it” I think of a non fat coffee to be no added fats, as in black coffee.

For me it’s because I’m hungry by then (20 hours). So it fills me up until my actual food meal.

(Robert C) #20

Yes - the taste of some grassfed butter and MCT oil added is great - especially if you blend it in a blender or happen to have a frother to whip some air into it - making it very creamy/smooth.