Poll- OMAD- separate window for fatty coffee?

(April Harkness) #21

I include my Coffee with butter in my eating window for omad. But ill drink black coffee outside my eating window

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #22

So much this!

(Bruce Pick) #23

I’ll drink coffee with oil and/or heavy cream added in the morning. Then I’ll have more any time I feel hungry or draggish during the day. I gets me through the rough spot at the 16-18 hour mark. For me it’s pretty much smooth sailing after the 18 hour mark. I fast for health improvement - arthritis, etc, not for weight loss.

(Karen ) #24

I wish I could drink coffee with MCT, butter and coconut oil. It gave me a boost but my heart was pounding out of my chest. So, back to coffee with heavy cream only.:disappointed:

(Allie) #25

How much MCT did you add?

(Karen ) #26

@Shortstuff half a teaspoon

(Allie) #27

Strange, how much of the coconut oil and are you used to using it?

(Susan) #28

I was like that the first time I used the MCT vanilla flavoured powder I bought, using the entire scoop, I felt high as a kite! My heart was pounding, I was so loopy too, it was really crazy. @April_Harkness posted afterwards on that thread I made about it that that happened to her the first time she used it as well.

Since then I have had it various times in coffee (I don’t drink coffee often because it tends to give me headaches for some reason) and in tea, but I usually put 1/2 a scoop at a time and I haven’t had that happen again, so maybe if you put small amounts and built it up over time it would be okay.

Maybe just do the MCT and butter or just the coconut oil and butter but not all three at once =).

(Karen ) #29

same amount.

(Allie) #30

Might be worth trying again at some point if you feel you want to as it could just be your body needs to how to react to it, but it’s not compulsory at all.

(traci simpson) #31

I have my cold brew or regular caffeine with HWC (a lot) around 6-6:30am, then eat somewhere between noon-2:30 and then again around 6pm. If I’m really busy at work, I might not eat until 3 or 3:30 and then that’s it for me the rest of the day.

Since I’ve transitioned to OMAD and occasional longer fasts, I’ve given up MCT oil and fatty coffee altogether. (I came back here looking for opinions on MCT and IF, and will likely start a thread on that topic if I can’t find an existing one).

(Susan) #33

I do a 20:4 IF (currently doing a 48 hour fast though). I try to remember to use the Coconut Oil/MCT OIl or MCT powder sometimes, because when I do use it when I have my 1pm tea, it seems to help “wake my up more” and I can focus better. I have found that it helps for that, and it helped curb my appetite before I was fat adapted. I know what you mean though about forgetting to use it, when you no longer get real hunger. I need to up my fats often though, so I then remember to add it to my tea and have learned that because it tends to make me wide awake, it is better to do during the day then with my supper or evening herbal teas!