(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #41

Yes “nature’s marketplace” section :blush:

(Jennibc) #42

I have a favorite greenbean recipe that is keto friendly:
1 pound fresh green beans
4 strips of bacon
4 0z of Roquefort cheese
1 cup of toasted walnut halves

Bring saucepan of water to boil and add green beans, simmer until crisp- tender - about three minutes.

Cut bacon into 1/4 inch strips and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.

Add green beans to bacon fat and heat through for two minutes.

Add crumbled roquefort to pan and toss so the cheese melts and coats the green beans. Sprinkle walnuts on top and black pepper. While the recipe book doesn’t call for adding the bacon back in, I sprinkle the crisp bacon back on top.

For gravy I take some of the turkey pan drippings (some because the rest of the family add flour to it) I add a small amount of chicken stock a little bit of cream and butter and thicken it with some guar gum. Years of doing it this way has make me prefer my gravy to theirs.

(Bob M) #44

Another idea is instead of using chicken stock, take the neck, gizzards, etc., of the turkey and make turkey stock the night before. This is what we do. If done right, it’s nice and “wobbly” in the fridge.

(Bob M) #45

Hmm…Maria Emmerich has a whole list of Thanksgiving recipes. This links to one of them, but there’s a list in the middle of this to all of them:

I love everything she does.

(Marianne) #46

OMG, that sound wonderful! Thank you!

(Jennibc) #47

I make it every year! It never gets old.

(Marianne) #48

Made this last night to have with a chuck roast - OMG, it was so delicious! I kept “tasting” it after it was done and could have made a meal out of it. Definitely a company-worthy recipe, which I look forward to making for people when we can have guests over again. I made a big batch, so we will have some with dinner tonight. Great recipe; thank you! :hugs:

(Bob M) #49

That’s good to know, as I just found it as a “general” recipe, and did not know it was a Thanksgiving version. I plan on making it this weekend.

(Marianne) #50

Our Thanksgiving was a bust. All we had was turkey (breast), which I don’t really like, brussels sprouts and cole slaw - oh, and keto gravy that didn’t turn out that great. I do like BSs and cole slaw, but we have those almost every night. Our chuck roast last night with the mushroom casserole was waaay better.