Please share weight loss timelines

(Judy Thompson) #122

Well, I’m finally below 200 with a 30 lb loss since Jan 2nd 2019 and starting to feel confidant that I’m on the right track. I’ve always believed that I have to be able to maintain by the same method I lost the weight, and IF had always been my most reliable maintenance.
My carbs are low with the exception of the occasional beer, but leaving out the beer wouldn’t work in the long run so I sacrifice a little ketosis for now.
Next week I get a CBC with lipid panel and A1C. That will be interesting, I’ve never had an A1C.
If the cholesterol is still high I’ll refuse a statin so that doesn’t matter - and if they think my sugar is too high I’ll probably just ask for another chance at diet control. I believe my current course of action will eventually solve all that.

Awesome Pete. This was exactly the visual picture information I was hoping to find in this thread. The key to me is that I would posit the “weight loss” is not a linear, nor gentle curve (like a plane landing), as one might imagine.

Weight measurement is such a bogus metric to track.

I also collect data on abdominal circumference measurements. I think they track better for health in terms of intraabdominal body fat.

True @CatGirl. But the sharing presents sign post ideas. Markers to paths that can be explored in the n=1 kombi campervan. Trails in this nutritional frontier have been blazed.

Thanks for the graphic Ethan.

(Jules) #126

I’d be interested in reading more about this. Can you make any suggestions for reading material/links?

(Marianne) #127

Wow, that is huge. I am thrilled for you! The one thing I feel like I sacrificed is having a wine or two with friends when we meet out. I haven’t had a drink in two months. The only time I have a cocktail is when I’m out with my girlfriends. Meeting out tomorrow and am going to have at least one dry white wine or something. It’s no fun going out and sipping water or tea. I plan on living a keto lifestyle for good, but like you said, it has to be sustainable. If I keep everything the same but allow that to be my one infrequent concession, I am good with that.

(Marianne) #128

I love this. Sparkle on!

(Judy Thompson) #129

This method is very different from the usual low calorie diets that have populated my life up to now. I go a month or two with no weight loss and then lose 6 or 7 pounds. But at the same time I’m not losing pounds, I’m noticing changes in the fit of my clothes (I had to get a smaller belt) and also I feel amazingly good. I’m using Lyte Show (from Amazon) in my water for minerals and hwc in my coffee and when available, a cup of bone broth in the afternoon. So this is not your mother’s water fast (or the ones I did in the 70s).
I’m fortunate to have my DH offering constant positive reinforcement and the NSV of people arguing me down 25-30 years! (“no way are you even 40!” OMG I love it)

(Charlotte) #130

These are just a couple papers. I used to be a molecular biology major before I switched to computer science for the increased earning potential… yeah I’m a sell out. There are tons of credible studies on the topic of weight gain/loss in regards to stress and how its affected by the bodies reactions and utilization of feedback loops.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C48&q=feedback+loops+weight+loss&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DR1AWSGa345EJ

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C48&q=feedback+loops+weight+loss&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DgAN8VxsyemAJ

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C48&q=feedback+loops+stress+weight+loss&btnG=#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3D4MPlELYzoZkJ

(Judy Thompson) #131

Yay you!
There’s a quote from Jason Fung in a fasting book I read. It says, there’s a name for someone who goes to a party and doesn’t eat or drink - party pooper. He said, take feasting days, and enjoy life, that’s why we’re here.
I love that guy.

(Jules) #132

Thank you. :slight_smile:

(Marianne) #133

Thank you - anything Jason Fung says is alright in my book.

Dr. Fung is so hot!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #134

Thanks for this. I’ve been looking for a reason to go back to having glazed doughnuts in my life. I can stay in ketosis as long as I eat fewer than three dozen, right? :grin::grin::grin:

Mmmmmmmmm doughnuts…