Plateau BUSTED thanks to IF!

I’ve been stuck at the same weight (within a pound or so) for the last 4 weeks and was getting really frustrated! I was watching my protein, and other macros. My husband starting sharing 2KD stuff and we listened to the IF podcast… I did back to back 18 hour fasts with 6 hour eating window. This morning I woke up 3.2 pounds down!!! Plateau BUSTED like a BOSS!!! Looking forward to a 24 hour fast next week sometime! I wouldn’t have had the courage or knowledge to fast that long!! Thank you!!! Oh and if you are stuck, try a fast!

Thank you! I was just trying to decide whether to do my first IF today after a lonnnng plateau plus a recent small gain. You’ve convinced me! So here goes…

Was it just water or did you drink coffee, tea, broth? Any other tips to share?

(Sheri Knauer) #3

Great! Sometimes it takes shaking things up a bit to get it going again. If your body gets used to the same thing day after day, then changing things up keeps it guessing and working like a champ!

I did coffee with hwc and 1 stevia packet… when I do it again, I will go with black coffee! I’ve been keto since August 2016, so I am fat adapted and felt like it was pretty easy! I’m excited to do it again this week! I can’t wait to hear your results! I think doing it back to back was key for me…

Perfect… I am driving long distance the next two days, so figured I’ll eat dinner both days with tea and broth for the drive. I’ll be listening to fasting podcasts while I drive lol.

Hope to hear how the next round goes for you.

Sooooo… my back-to-back IFs went very well. I did around 20 hours the first day and 25 the second. It was easier than I thought it would be – I mostly had urges to eat out of habit rather than actual hunger. Although my stomach did growl the second day, a sensation I haven’t had since going keto, haha. Being in the car for several hours each day helped.

I drank water, tea and some broth with butter blended in it since I don’t drink coffee.

I have not lost any weight, however… but I’m going to see what happens in a day or two because I might be retaining water due to all the salt I took in.

In any case, I will do this again very soon, so thanks for the inspiration!

AMAZING!!! Congrats!! My weight came off day 2 after fasting! I just did a 24 hour fast with hubs yesterday… I am amazed how good I feel! I’m so glad it went well for you!

That’s awesome (and so encouraging to hear about the weight coming off
after). Congrats on your 24 hours!!! I can’t wait to do it again.

(Michelle) #9

:clap: Woot Woot!! congrats!

Well, the scale didn’t go down BUT I took some measurements before and after and lost 1/2 inch from my upper arm and 1/2 inch from my waist, so I’m cool with that!!!

Today I am doing another 20-ish hour fast that I will break around 5pm or so. I have to admit I am HUNGRY… but I’m just grinning and bearing it and telling myself it’s only a few hours.

@Kansasdaisy how did your last round go with the hubs?

It was good! We both did a 24 hour, which ended up being easier than I expected! Then he did another 24 hour and I did 17 hour… today is a feast day! :slight_smile: My scale didn’t go up or down, but I’ve learned that i can not eat and still function very well! My hubs is learning to listen to his hunger cues and just not eat if he isn’t hungry! It’s an amazing feeling to be in control in such a new way!! FREEDOM!!! I wish I could better help my friends who are trying to eat a keto WOE…

Well, I am a believer!!! Did the two back-to-back IFs Monday and Tuesday last week, then a 22-hour fast on Thursday. Weighed myself today, Sunday, and whoosh! Down almost four pounds. :grin:

Thanks for inspiring!!! I’m going to do IF on Tuesday and Thursday this week.

Woohoo!!! So exciting isn’t it!!??? In my second 24 hour this week, and woke up to a new low this morning!! I’m so glad I found fasting!!

Yeah, it puts a lot more control in our hands! Congrats on your new low.

(Patty W) #15

Well done, enjoy your success!

(Rebecca) #16

Congrats to all of you - I did my first IF about two weeks ago - I was up 3 lbs (during my chocolate craving time, if you know what I mean) and stayed there about two weeks without movement. All I can say is I was bummed. So, I did 3 days straight of 16/8 IF and not only did I lose the 3lbs I was up, but also lost one more. I felt so great both mentally, and physically. I did a 20/4 IF this Saturday just to jump start my weekend and I woke up today (Monday) another half pound gone. Even though we say it it not about the scale, sometimes it is. I am now 10 lbs from my personal goal. I will try IF fasting again the next time I get stuck.
Keep sharing, it really helps.

SO glad to hear it!!! Congrats!!! I’m about 14 pounds from my personal goal… gonna hit the fasting hard this week and make some progress!! I can’t wait to hear how you do this week!

Wow, 10 and 14 pounds from goal, how exciting! I too am doing this for weight loss (plus all the other great keto benefits), but am around 35 lbs. away still. Just ate a pice of cheese after a 20-hour IF.

It wasn’t hard at all, though I haven’t gotten to the point yet where I can say I like it, lol. Like what it does, though. I may try the 16/8 like @bookgal, I think I could easily do a few days in a row of that.

Thanks again all for the inspiration!

I think 18/6 is my favorite! I’ve decided I love my breakfast foods to much to drop them, so I’m just delaying! I like to eat breakfast around noon and dinner around 6…

Yum that sounds good. I can easily skip lunch, so I like your version!