Plateau BUSTED thanks to IF!

(Rebecca) #21

Keep going You can do it. I have never been able to lose the extra fat on my thighs before LCHF. I would always lose some and trim up a bit everywhere else, but this is the first time in years that I am seeing my inches melt off. The last 10 pounds are the hardest they say, so keep posting and helping with any suggestions. I am going to try a 24 hour fast when I hit another plateau.
TIA

How is fasting going this week?? Iā€™ve been using the 18/6 window and it seems to be working best for me! New low this morning! Woohoo! Also, this morning is the first morning I havenā€™t had BPCā€¦ Iā€™ve been wondering if the sugar free syrup that Iā€™ve been using is causing an insulin response, although there is no glucoseā€¦ im not sure what the term n=1 means, but I think thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing?? Experimenting for my body? Lol!

No fasting since Tuesday (I think), when I planned to do 18-6 but I just didnā€™t feel like eating until 22 hours had passed! That right there is a first. I havenā€™t fasted or weighed since then as I am out of town visiting family. Staying keto though. As always.

Congrats on your new low! Youā€™re rocking it!!!

Umā€¦ whatā€™s BPC? **EDIT: Oh wait, bullet proof coffeeā€¦ doh!

(Caitlin) #24

@gatita Hi guys, thanks for posting. I wanted some advice since you guys know what youā€™re talking about regarding intermit fasting. Iā€™m on my third day of fasting, from 10am-3/4 around 16 hours, but I still eat during my window. I eat eggs, then dinner Iā€™ll have almond butter with celery. Some tea, with almond milk and nutmilk. To fast correctly, Iā€™m not sure if I can consume food or just tea, and water Bc I havenā€™t loss any weightā€¦ Please help if you ever get the chance. Thank you

My fasting begins as soon as I finish dinner (around 6:30 pm) and continues until around noon the next day (longer some days). During that fasting time, I drink only water at night and in the morning I will drink coffee with hwc. During my eating window (12-6), I will eat my ā€œbreakfastā€ and dinner! You may consider the nut butter as they are generally high in carbs. What else are you eating for dinner?

My ā€œfastsā€ start after dinner and then I go until dinner the next dayā€¦ On that day, I have chai tea with cream or butter and stevia blended in it, and then later, some broth with butter in it. So for me it is not a no-calorie day, but all liquids until dinner. I eat a normal keto dinner of protein, veggies and fat.

Also, like @Kansasdaisy, my weight change didnā€™t show up until a couple of days AFTER the fasts. In fact, I didnā€™t fast at all this week but still lost another pound. So the effect on weight can take some time to show up in my experience.

PS. Just did an unplanned 16-hour fast since last night without even thinking about itā€¦ love this.

(Bella Tricks) #27

Hiya, still doing IF? Wondering how yr doing. Did it break the plateau?

Hi there! Thanks for checking in!! Iā€™ve actually transitioned to longer fastsā€¦ 2 weeks ago I completed a 48 hour fast and last week I fasted for 62 hours! Yes, the IF absolutely broke the plateau!!! If fasting is new or intimidating for you, I would suggest starting with a 18/6 fast. Choose a 6 hour eating window (when I use 18/6, I eat from 1 pm-7 pm), then fast for 18. When that seems easy, move to a 24 hour fast! I typically would eat dinner, then fast until dinner the next day. When that doesnā€™t seem too difficult, move to a longer fast! My husband (and others Iā€™ve read) kept telling me that fasting was a muscle. It got stronger with each use. Turns out, heā€™s right!!

(Bella Tricks) #29

Thatā€™s sounds good. I just tried IF out. This week Iā€™ve done 16:8 three times this week. Then one day break. Now Iā€™m going for 18:6 but if I can go any longer (with a bit of MCT oil) I will.
I have been keto for 7 months with NO weight loss (or gain). Soā€¦Iā€™m going for it. Thanks again

I can only imagine your frustration!! Iā€™d be happy to sort through a few things and see if we can figure out the cause of your stall! Thatā€™s a really long time!! What kinds of foods are you eating? What do your daily macros look like?

(Crystal ) #31

Iā€™d be interested to know above info as well! Thatā€™s such a long timeā€¦
SO AWESOME you kept up with keto regardless of your lack of scale-budging ā€“ WAY TO GO!!

(KCKO, KCFO) #32

Did you have any NSV during the 7 months? Good for you staying on plan so long without a weight drop, not many would do that.

(Bella Tricks) #33

Heya I have tried a number of different adjustments such as: cutting dairy, pushing carbs under 20. Zero carb, protein under 45, protein over 80, fat to satiation, fat over 180gms, drinking loads of water, etcetera etc.
I havenā€™t been able to do cardio as when I was doing 5:2 for ONE Fā€™ing YEAR I was forcing myself to work out hard and tore my hip labrum. (The 5:2 worked for 5 months then nothing). So exercise has produced injury after injury but Iā€™m learning now how to build my core muscles again and activate my mitachodria again but this is early days.

I just had a load of tests done. My A1C is 5.1. My LDL is 0.6 mmol. The thyroid panel is all clear. Etc etc. Iā€™m all good! I was very surprised.
Oh but I have a parasite - I think thatā€™s whatā€™s been draining my energy, helping to make the exercise hard. Soooo tired.
So here I go with fasting.
Iā€™ll start with IF. Then go extended.
Ive just done 18hours and still going. (Going for 20 today) Iā€™ve stayed with it cos Iā€™m one of those people who can endure like a champ.

My NSVs from keto include:
More energy.
Gorgeous hair and strong fingernails and skin looks really plump and luscious.
Less hungry. Radical shift in perception re the mainstream food world.
Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll think of othersā€¦
:slight_smile:

Thanks, everyone for the inspiration!
i am at the end of Week 4 of Keto living and i feel amazing. I seem to have hit my first plateau at 15lbs down but Iā€™m on Day 2 of 18/6 IF and i am loving the non-scale results.
I never thought i could go 18 hours without eatingā€¦but itā€™s surprisingly effortless!

Way to go!! Itā€™s an amazing feeling to be freed from the bondage of food and needing to eat! :slight_smile: Before long, youā€™ll be moving to 20/4 and then OMAD (one meal a day)ā€¦ I get so much more done during the day when Iā€™m not prepping/cooking/cleaning up! :slight_smile: Congrats!

(Allison Taylor) #36

These tips are fabulous thanks, everyone. Iā€™m 4 weeks into Keto and have lost 2 inches overallā€¦ feeling fabulous, but have plateaued in weight loss. I think will re loock at my macros and also start IF to kick things up a bit!

(Whitney ) #37

Very frustrated with all of this. Stayed perfectly on the IF for 7 days (20:4) with only eating exactly what I was suppose to. I gained 3 lbs back, and didnā€™t lose an inch. Just going to create a ā€œCommon Senseā€ WOE from now on. :roll_eyes::weary:

(Ana Laura Olivera-Prietto Martinez) #38

Hello to everyone! I am dealing With a weight plateau right now, itā€™s frustrating, I Was doing grate, 12 kg in 45 days, With keto and IF, and then I Just stopped losing, reading your stories helped a lo,thank you for sharing!

(Carolus Holman) #39

I just smashed through my plateau, down 5 pounds in 2 weeks, the last 2.5 pounds disappeared with a 70 hour fast!