Personal Goals n = 1

(Jordan) #1

Started last Saturday, 18 January.
Goal is to be able to fit into a waistcoat I had when I got married twenty years ago. Not because it’s stylish (of course it was, then!), but so that I am back to that weight. That will be the @Richard and Carl 80 pound weight loss in seven months.
My wife and I also intend going to Fiji in November and it would be nice to fit into an economy seat without the extra belt. Small things for me for my NSV.
I have been listening to the podcast for the last two weeks, starting from the first podcast, and it’s been fascinating, and I wonder how the hell the whole carb thing just passed me by. Talk about sleep walking through life, rather than taking responsibility.
We are both going keto - we did the Michael Moseley blood sugar diet and it worked well for me, not so much for my wife. That is how I got my blood sugar down to a good level. My main goal is to get off as much as of the medication I am on, under doctor’s orders of course.
Type 2 diabetic but blood sugar under control at 5.5%
Starting Weight 170.2 kgs
Current Weight 168.3 kgs
Ultimate goal weight - under 100 kgs
It’s taken me 52 years of crap habits to get here, so the goal stays for as long as it takes.
Thanks for reading and wish me luck!

(Susan) #2

Welcome to the forum, Jordan.

I wish you and your lovely wife all the best in your Keto journey --if you have any questions for us to help guide you along, just ask away =).

(Jordan) #3

Thank you! Trust me - I shall ask as needed!
Like, how do I avoid making such a mess with chaffles (first attempt this morning…) :slight_smile:

(Susan) #4

I spray my waffle maker with my Avocado Oil spray -then make sure I only pour in enough to just fill it in, not over fill it (like I did at first, I learned my lesson) -there is an entire thread on the forum called Chaffles that has great ideas and recipes too =).

(Jordan) #5

Yup - overfill was my disaster on the first attempt. Learnt by the second.

I will definitely try with the avocado oil spray - nice one!

Take care, Susan!

(Jordan) #6

28 Feb - I will try to do updates at the end of each month - test results for blood from 17 Feb

Hba1C: 5.4 (Aussie values) / 35 mmol/mol
Fasting Glucose: 5.2
Cholesterol: 4.3
HDL: 1.2
LDL 2.6
Triglycerides: 0.99 (up a notch, as expected, from 0.86)
Sodium/Potassium and other things in the General Chemistry - bang on average
Weight: 160.9 kgs (354lbs)
Total weight loss: 9.3 kgs (20.5 lbs) in one day under six weeks

(mole person) #7

Nicely done!!!

(Jordan) #8

Thank you very much! Sorry! I just saw this now

(JJ) #9

Welcome Jordan.
Awesome goal. I look forward to seeing you sporting that spiffy waistcoat!

I am an Aussie (NSW) too :grin:

(Jordan) #10

Don’t hold it against me… I live in Canberra :rofl:

Your moniker did give it away though. McJulesFace indeed!

KCKO!

(Jill F.) #11

Welcome @Jorad67 to the keto way of life! It is amazing isnt it! Keep up the good work. Remember to always plan ahead and dont allow yourself to get overly hungry. Those are the times I falter and make bad choices. You are one day one meal at a time changing your life for the better!

(Jordan) #12

Hey Jill
All is good, although I get annoyed with those mini-plateaus and I want the weight to just disappear. Silly really, since it took me decades to get to this stage.
Hunger is not normally an issue - I think I am not eating enough fat, but may be relying too much on dairy (cheese mainly). So far so good, but I will remember your words of wisdom.
Thanks for taking time to write - KCKO!
Jordan