Pecan (maple) Tart

(Nigel Williams) #41

Outcome

Slightly too big dish I think I need to double quantity. Wife thought too sweet son liked it and thought adding cream made it less sweet. Eldest daughter was OK which considering she says she dislikes nuts is better than expected. Youngest (5 yo) wouldn’t taste. Mother in law thought it was very nice and happy with sweetness.

On balance a success next time lower the sweetness and increase the quantities.

Kimmy great dessert well done to you

(Kim Dinis) #42

Awesome!!! Proper family dessert!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #43

@Kimmy
Our tolerance for sweet changes on keto especially if we aren’t eating/drinking sweetened things much anymore.

Your tart is fabulous.
We must, apparently, sweeten “to taste”.
These folks are clever, they can adjust the recipe to their liking. :wink:

(Jennifer) #44

I made it last night and hubby and I both enjoyed it very much. It’s such an easy recipe that it can be adjusted as needed. Next time I am doubling the pecans!! Lol…

(Kim Miller) #45

OMG, what if you throw some bacon in there?!

(Brian) #46

Tried recipe last night but had a few questions/issues. the recipe says when starts to bubble pour in pecans and stir continuously, but for how long? it looked too liquidy, had expected mix to be more caramelized so kept stirring for quite a while,maybe a little over toasting the pecans. We may have mixed up some of the ratios since we increased the crust recipe to accommodate a 9 inch pie plate quadrupled the filling recipe so we could use up excess almond flour crust mixture left over from a previous cheese cake and were estimating conversions from grams to cups.When we finished filling the 2 crusts to the top we had a bunch of melted butter left so we added some swerve (had used up all of the Truvia ) and though in a couple cups of pecans and poured into some candy molds, melted a few squares of 72% dark chocolate in a mix of MCT oil and splenda and poured over the pecan mix in the candy molds chocolate mix worked its way to the bottom and set up nice in frig. turned out to make a very nice high fat treat.
This afternoon will celebrate my 2 year old grandson’s birthday, my wife is baking a full sugar with white flour carrot cake with a high sugar cream cheese frosting, Normally I would indulge and over indulge on special occasions (have been doing very low carb maybe Keto with various lapses for over 10 years, down over 140 pounds with a ways to go) but since my daughter has become aware she’s gluten sensitive and has been strict Keto for a few months, my oldest daughter and I made this Pecan Tart and will be enjoying our Pecan Tart while everybody else over doses on sugar and white floor. thanks for posting the recipe I’m looking forward to trying the Pecan Tart at the birthday party.

(Kim Dinis) #47

I don’t really time how long, it’s all done by how it feels, as you said when it starts to caramelise. It’s usually thickening a little but still a liquid. It will set when it cools. I would say after the pecans are thrown in it never takes longer than 5mins. Happy birthday to your grandson!!!

(Brian) #48

Although I was worried it was too liquidy while cooking, it set up nice in frig.No one else wanted any at the birthday party they all ate the high carb stuff but my oldest daughter and I, after enjoying the Pecan Tart had no desire to have any of the sugar and white flour carrot cake. Evan though it was a special occasion (and a normal exception for me) we both stayed full Keto while enjoying desert.

(Jenny Talbert) #49

I made this for Easter and I about ate the entire thing! It is so amazing, I did limit myself to 2 slices per day. It did trigger a little binge eating feeling but I was so full after I ate the 2 slices that it was not that big of a problem. My easter guests LOVED them!! I will keep this recipe close by for all special occasions!

Wow!!! Thank you @kimmy!

I just made this, modifying it for a 9 inch pan and US measurements.

Here’s the revised amounts:
Crust
1.5 cups of almond flour
¾ cup melted butter
¼ cup sweetener (I used a monk fruit/erythritol blend)
¼ t salt

Filling
2 cups of chopped pecans
1 cup butter
½ cup sweetener

Plus I added:
½ t maple extract
dash of cinnamon
2 pinches cayenne – just because everything’s better when it’s spicy :wink:

I messed up the chocolate, so I just spritz some sugar-free Hershey’s chocolate syrup over it.

It came out kind of crumbly, but delicious!

(tina logan) #51

Oh my! This is wonderful! I did use a 9" pie plate because I do not own a tart pan, so added extra as stated. I made the crust and put in oven and immediately started the filling and finished early and turned the heat off so it started to firm up in the pan before my crust was done and cooled, so when I put on crust it didn’t spread around and cover as much as I wanted, so I made more of the butter filling and just poured on top. I added the maple extract, but also added butter extract (because I love butter). I also added coconut oil to the chocolate and some erythritol to add extra fat and I Love Chocolate and covered (versus drizzled) the top with the chocolate. It was amazing! Thank you so much for this recipe, will definitely be a recipe that I make often!

Those look amazing! I think I will try these even before the amazing looking pie!

(Sheri Knauer) #53

I’ll be making this in the next day or two, especially after my failed attempt at keytolime pie (the problem was I was winging it instead of following a recipe and although Im good at following recipes, I suck at winging it, lol)

(Darren Smith) #54

I made this recipe a couple of days ago and it turned out brilliantly. An absolute delicious treat, highly recommend.

I used Gatita’s modified measurements to accomodate the 9 inch pan and I also added x 1 Tbsp Hemp Flour and 1 x Tbsp Psyllium Husk to the base for some extra fibre and texture.

Lovely… I will definitely make this again.

(Jonathan W Fuqua) #55

:drooling_face: looks amazing