(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup Truvia
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Mix thoroughly with blender.
Drop on parchment paper, flatten out slightly.
Bake in preheated 350* oven 10 minutes or until slightly browning around edges.

(Linda Culbreth) #2

These look good. 2 questions:

1. Has anybody made this with almond butter? If, so, how did it come out?
  2. Has anybody made these without any sweetener? If so, what did you do and how did it come out?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Almond butter should work fine. I’d love to try sunflower seed butter.

(Linda Culbreth) #4

Thanks, Brenda. Just found 5 or so jars of almond butter with nothing but almonds in it at the discount store. Bought them all. MOST DANGEROUS thing in my kitchen! I may have to use my gun lock on my cabinet door. At least I am only doing a tablespoonful with 1-3 meals a week. I think I could pack away a lot more than that!

(Beth) #5

Brenda, you were already my hero due to your story, but you just jumped to the next level. Break out your cape & spandex.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

Have you tried my pork rind pancakes?

They are HUGELY popular, as evidenced by the comment section…

(Beth) #7

And you REALLY can’t taste the pork rinds?? Because that would be magical.
When is the November Zornfast?

(Linda Culbreth) #8

Beth -these are awesome! I add a coupe of tablespoons of oil (extra virgin olive or avocado) and make them in my waffle iron. I try to keep some in the freezer for a quick-pop-me-in-the-toaster breakfast or other meal. And, no, you cannot taste the pork rinds.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

I can not taste the pork rind taste in my brand, and many others report no pork rind taste too.

(Missy) #10

Brenda, you are a food genius! I just baked a batch of peanut butter cookies. I omitted the sweetener and added a smear of chocolate via cocoa powder mixed with coconut oil. So good. Thank you for the recipe!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

Wow. No sweetener. That isbadass.
Did they still have a hint of sweetness from the peanut butter?

(Missy) #12

Yes. They were a bit of peanut butter heaven. :yum:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #13

Noice. Ima try it too. The less sweeteners in my life, the better…

(JOE FABEETS) #14

Were they any good without the sweetner. Was gonna try to make these tomorrow.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

@KetoMissy says they are. I haven’t tried it yet

(Missy) #16

I loved them without the sweetener. I will say that my prefered flavors have changed. I’ve been keto for quite a while and my sense of taste seems heightened. At thanksgiving some of my old favorites got thrown in the trash… all I could sense was sugar, no flavor at all. These cookies however did not disappoint!

(Brian) #17

I made the chocolate chip cookies here in the recipe section (posted yesterday) with peanut butter instead of almond butter. They came out just fine. They’re pretty similar in both taste and texture.I would bet there are several similar “butters” that could be used and have these types of recipes come out just fine.

Can’t help you with the sweeteners, though.

:slight_smile:

(JOE FABEETS) #18

I’m hoping to make these for myself and my wife who is a very big fan of sugar so while I’m optimistic I’ll think they are great without the sweet I don’t know how she’ll feel. Oh well if she doesn’t like them more for me.

(Jesse Driskell) #19

I’m going to take your recipe and bake it in a small cast iron. To make one big Cookie, then add a scoop of halo top icecream on top

(Vladaar Malane) #20

Hi, thanks for recipe I love Peanut butter cookies. I made mine with 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup cream cheese, teaspoon vanilla, 1 egg. No sweetener since I use normal peanut butter which has too much sugar anyway.