Open Ended Water Fast

Hi everyone!

I have been fasting for a few months now, and I want to really give this fast my all. I’m very new to this forum, and I would love to share my progress with you all.

Tonight is the end of my day 2 water fast and it was a breeze compared to yesterday. Whereas I was tempting by food, and I also had to feed my kids. Being a single mom encourages me to push myself with this EF. I’m want to be a better me and become spiritually inclined to deal with my stressors in life.
Details:
I can feel my lymphatic system draining in my face and arms.
I’m actually sleepy right now.
I had energy earlier.
No aches or body pains
No brain fog

All in all, it was a good day. I hope I can make it up to another 30 lbs!

Good luck & stay strong! If you want ongoing company/ support, the monthly IF/EF thread is good, lots going on there, here’s the link:

Thanks for the support! The weekends are hard for me due to everyone being here and wanting me to cook for them all day. I hope that your 48 hr fast does wonders for you. I’m learning that fasting affirmations are helping with reconditioning my mindset towards fasting. Very positive and so far so good on day 3. No hunger, anxiety, pain, or fatigue to plague me yet. Normally, day 3 is emotional, full of mental blockage, and fatigue.
August was not a great month for extended fasting for me as I would set my goal for a week to commit spiritual and I would always cave on day 3-4. I’m striving to have more self discipline with myself and to remind myself that I am worthy of healing myself.

Longer extended fasts can be great, but 3-4 days is nothing to sneeze at, and many folks alternate 4 day fasting, 3 days eating every week for a long while and have fantastic results. You probably know this, but it seemed worth a mention since you talked about caving on day 3 or 4.
In any case, good luck to you!

Thank you and you hit the nail on the head with day 3-4. Through June and July this exactly how I kept my fast going. I do a lot of cooking and the aroma of food can trigger the brain to wanting a bite or the whole bowl :joy::joy::joy:. I’m actually in my day 4 as of 10 pm, and it is going smoothly. I really do believe that taking time out to meditate as well as listening to affirmations are helping with my determination to be self- discipline. I plan to keep a daily update to be in consistent with my fast. :muscle: Got to stay strong!!!