Oops, Oopsy, Oopsie?

(Mark Myers) #1

I’ve heard of oopsie bread. Not sure how to spell it. I think I heard about it on a podcast I listen to. Not sure if it was 2KD or not. But I’m looking for the recipe. I didn’t see it under the 2KD files on facebook. Perhaps I’m spelling it wrong, or have the name wrong.

Lunch at work ZC options?
(Larry Lustig) #2

It is Oopsie bread, and you did hear about it on 2KD. A quick google of the term turns up many pages. This is the first one:

http://www.food.com/recipe/oopsie-bread-497736

(Mark Myers) #3

Thanks! I must have misspelled it the first time or made
a typo

(Carol E. ) #4

Variation:

https://lowcarblovelies.com/2015/07/31/pimped-pork-rind-oopsie-bread/amp/

(G. Andrew Duthie) #5

I like that the author calls out the difference between metric and imperial measurements in the recipe…easy to get bitten by that one. Might not make a huge difference, but in some recipes, it could be the difference between tasty and terrible.

(Carol E. ) #6

My sister-in-law complained that Oopsie rolls were too eggy. I came across this variation for her though I do not know if she tried it.

(Mark Myers) #7

I’ve been on keto for 6 months now and haven’t tried it yet. That’s why I was looking for the recipe. I so want to try this.

(Rich Hopkins) #8

I tried a little mod to the Oopsie bread today. My wife loves the stuff, but it is a bit fragile. So here’s what I did. First of all, I make it with slightly different amounts, simply because cream cheese comes in an 8 ounce package. The recipe Carl posted on 2KD has 3 eggs and 3 ounces cream cheese. I use 4 eggs and 4 ounces cream cheese, to avoid having an uneven amount of cream cheese left - what’s left makes another batch. But today, I added 1/8 tsp of Xanthan Gum to see if it would make the bread a little less fragile. I don’t eat it, as I’ve never been much for sandwiches, but my wife said it is definitely better than before. It held up to her peanut butter just fine.

(Larry Lustig) #9

Also comes in three pound tubs at Costco. Just sayin’.

(Rich Hopkins) #10

Ah - but I’m not a Costco member. The nearest one isn’t convenient. :wink:

(Khara) #11

Well the link for the Pimped Pork Rind Oopsie is broken. I searched and found her site but the recipe isn’t readily available. Need an account or something. :no_mouth::confused:

Here you go:

Pimped Pork Rind “Oopsie” Bread
Serves: 6
Ingredients:
3 large eggs at room temperature, separated
Pinch cream of tartar
4 tbsp (80ml) mayonnaise
½ cup (120ml) finely crushed pork rinds ∗
1 tsp (5ml) garlic powder OR 1 minced garlic clove
1 tsp (5ml) sea salt
Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
¾ tsp dried basil + extra for sprinkling
3-4 tbsp (60-80ml) grated parmesan or grated cheddar for sprinkling on top
Method:
➳ Preheat oven 150°C/300°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment & lightly grease the parchment itself with oil spray.
➳ In a medium bowl and using electric beaters, whip egg whites with a pinch of cream of until stiff peaks form.
➳ In another medium bowl, add egg yolks, mayonnaise, crushed pork rinds, garlic, sea salt, pepper & dried basil. Using the same beaters, whip together until just combined.
➳ With a spatula, stir ¼ of the egg whites into the yolk mixture to lighten. Gently fold through remaining egg whites being careful not to deflate the whites too much.
➳ Using a spatula, spread mixture into a large rectangle onto prepared tray; then sprinkle the top with grated parmesan (or cheddar, or a mixture of both) and a little extra dried basil.
➳ Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and allow oopsie bread to cool completely on the tray before cutting into 6 squares.
➳ Keep stored, uncovered, on your kitchen bench for up to 2 days.
Source: Low Carb Lovelies

(Khara) #13

@PrimalBrian Awesome. Thank you. :+1:t3::grinning::+1:t3: