One Good Thing

(KCKO, KCFO) #61

DH got his DNA results back and ran the report over at foundmyfitness.com, it told him the same thing I have been telling him all along : Ditch the wheat. I knew it was causing him issues but he never listenedd, now the science has told him, so he is planning how to stop eating it completely. I’m a happy camper over here.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #62

It’s funny how spouses listen to others first.

(Doug) #63

I know that my wife doesn’t need to listen to me, because she already knows everything. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #64

Mine does too except streaming TV, computers, resetting clocks and replacing smoke detector batteries.

(Doug) #65

:smile: Came home one time and there were bare wires hanging out of one smoke detector.

Wife: “It was chirping and it would not stop, so I did what I had to do.”

(Diana ) #66

Ooh! Let us know how you like that after you have used it for a while, please. I am thinking of getting one. Reviews are nice to have.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #67

Me, too. I had one 17 years ago, and it did an okay, job, but I had three dogs at the time…… I hear the technology has improved.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #68

I made “suet” cakes for the birds with my ever increasing supply of bacon grease today after food prep.

(Sophie) #69

Fab!! Can you reveal your recipe? :heart_eyes: I adore my songbirds. :heart:

(Sophie) #70

I finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho today. It was beyond lovely.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #71

One of my favorite books.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #72

Sure, I just double strained my bacon grease so it was golden, no crispy pieces or debris.

Then put it in a big bowl and poured in birdseed until everything was covered and there wasn’t any “extra” grease in between. I also added raw almonds for the squirrels.

I lined the cup cake tin with plastic wrap and stuck it in the freezer. It’s sort of in the rainy 60’s here today so I’m waiting until it’s colder out to put one out. I’m thinking of making a disc with a hanger wire coming up through the middle and sliding them on and hanging it. Or I’ll just put it out in a dish.

There’s this super cute thing you can do though. Put it in a tea cup, put a spoon standing up along the side and after it’s frozen you can hang it outside by the handle of the tea cup and the spoon is a perch for them. I made one two years ago but some ahole raccoon took the cup and left the spoon and that was the end of that.

Mine isn’t as “fatty” as this one because I read that bacon grease is an ok treat for them but it could be bad for them in large quantities so I only used it to stick the seed together and give them just a wee bit of extra fat.

(Laurie) #73

Actually I’ve had it for 5 or 6 years. I loooove it. I read the reviews and got the bObsweep for a combination of reasons. There are more brands out there now, so when I’m ready for a new one I’ll check the reviews again.

(Sophie) #74

Super Cute! Sounds like a Southern Racoon, just take the entire cup! :laughing::rofl::laughing:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #75

Well, I am in KY!

(KCKO, KCFO) #76

They don’t have to be Southern raccoons to take it all. They will do that kind of raid in CO as well as KY. And you better not be around to get in their way either, or lord help you.

(Sophie) #77

They are brazen little bastards, aren’t they. I guess it runs in the family since they’re the same everywhere. And they have needle-like teeth and short tempers, nasty. @PetaMarie I had a feelin you were Southern! I’m in Chattanooga. :wave:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #78

Well bless both our hearts then!

I learned this from those old Disney movies.

NEVER turn your back on a raccoon. :slight_smile:

(Carl Keller) #80

I’m in PA and the bandits raided my little koi pond one night. I had 7 koi and a turtle and 2 of them were in the pond for 2 years and had grown quite big. One morning I go outside and found 1 headless one near the edge of the pond and the other 6 were gone. I noticed a single coon pawprint in the mud near the scene of the crime. I do love animals but thieving, murdering racoons are not high on my list. Oh and the turtle was happy to have the pond all by herself.