One Good Thing

(Laurie) #381

I got a dog.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #382

“I hate bacon” or “I love beets” would both work. :grin:

(Sophie) #383

After a full week of scary worry over kidney stones, infection, debilitating and excruciating pack pain, a trip to the ER, a trip to my GP, blood tests, Xrays, etc. etc. I can say that it’s only muscle spasms and today I’m actually feeling better, able to move and sit without misery! :+1:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #384

phew!

(Sophie) #385

I noticed daffodils have popped up around my mailbox! :sunflower::bouquet::smile::+1:
(correct thread) :smile:

(Janelle) #386

Yep, we have them in Atlanta too. Cherry or ornamental plums blooming as well.

(Sophie) #387

My neighbor has a red bud bustin out! :heart_eyes:

(Doug) #388

You all are killin’ me! I left Atlanta on January 5 and haven’t been back yet… :confused:

(Sophie) #389

Sad to say, but I was kinda hopin for at least one day of snow this year. :frowning_face:

(Jane) #390

Honey, I picked up a pet snake juuuust for you!

(He’s deathly afraid of snakes)

(Janelle) #391

I forgot you live here. It’s been raining today but things really are starting to bloom.

(Laurie) #392

After 6 years of a problematic car, 3 years without a car, a year and a half of pension hassles, and being unable to leave the house for 5 months because of knee problems, I finally got a decent car.

SX4

I was able to do one errand in it before getting snowed in/iced in 11 days ago. My boyfriend, who loves snow, was building an igloo, and I suggested that he use the snow from around my car. Today he finally dug me out. What a sweetheart.

Wait, was this your One Good Thing, or your kidnapper text? :confused:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #394

My kidnapper text. Ha ha ha. I quit dating when I was 31. Oh the stories I could tell, like a dark, dark comedy.

(Janelle) #395

I’m married now but back when I was dating, I had lunch with a guy who was a self-professed “marine biologist”. Since this was Seattle, it wasn’t far-fetched. Turns out he cleaned tropical fish tanks for a living. I’m not one to judge but after 30 minutes, I was pretty sure that lying about his profession was the least of his problems.

Oh, and I thought I was fat back then (I wasn’t but dating sure made me feel like I was. I was no Barbie but I was probably a healthy weight.)

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #396

Yeah, I think dating puts a lot of stress on how we think others see us. So, you didn’t marry the marine biologist? :rofl:

(Janelle) #397

Uh no - I married the sweet geeky guy I met in college (who I thought was too geeky at the time). We didn’t date each other or get married until we were in our early 40s.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #398

Okay from another geek this is :heart: warming. My wife married the geeky guy as well.

(Sophie) #399

I agree. I adore my geeky engineer guy. We also married in our 40’s as well. Good things come when the time is right. :+1:

(Janelle) #400

Roses from Trader Joe’s (mixed with remaining greenery from my Valentine’s Day flowers). $5 well spent for brightening up the day. (I love Trader Joe’s!)