One Good Thing

(Sophie) #341

Back in the summer, I started meditating in the mornings 10-15mins every day. It’s turned out to be a really good thing and I look forward to it now.

Are you and my wife twins, separated at birth?

I gave up a long time ago, trying to remember which hobby she was on this week. :slight_smile:

This comment has been deemed worthy of a LIKE! :heart:

Explanation (click here):

I really want to give your comment a “like”, but the forum software has indicated to me that I am currently ALL OUT, because of some arbitrary limit of “likes” one can give out, in some arbitrary time span.

Not having the ability to “like” your comment leaves me with few choices.

To remedy this, I have chosen to create this comment to explain that I like your comment, but I can’t “like” it right now.

Which, honestly, goes against the forum guidelines of keeping things “tidy”.

Keep It Tidy

Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up. So:

• Don’t start a topic in the wrong category.
  • Don’t cross-post the same thing in multiple topics.
  • Don’t post no-content replies.
  • Don’t divert a topic by changing it midstream.
  • Don’t sign your posts — every post has your profile information attached to it.

Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.

So, I do the best I can. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

(Sophie) #343

Aside from being a crafty gal, I’d say this is one good thing! :+1:

Amen to that!

Here’s one good thing.

Keto’s been good to you, Sophie. You’re looking so young!

sophie

(Sophie) #346

:laughing::joy::rofl:
My dad carried that photo in his wallet until the day he died :heavy_heart_exclamation: Who doesn’t have an old Olan Mills hiding in a closet somewhere? :wink:

That is very sweet!

True that! :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #348

ME!

(Sophie) #349

@juice I’m sure there’s a comparable MiniJuice Pic in the back of someones closet! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My Good Thing: It’s the first game after the winter break!!! :de: :soccer: :de: :soccer: :de: GO BAYERN!!!

Serious Lust… :heart_eyes:

(Sophie) #350

Hubby is working on dropping an Ethernet cable from the attic into our server room. A project long overdue!

(Janelle) #351

Some of you may wonder why I chose CatGirl as my user name. We “only” have 3 cats but here’s an example of why I love them so much. I had just taken my bp. My kitten, sweet little man, Sam, hopped in my lap, curled up and started purring. I still had the cuff on so I sat for a moment listening to him. I took my readings again. My systolic was down 4 points and my pulse had slowed from 70 to 66.

Cats are not for everyone but they improve my health - lol!

(Sophie) #352

He’s such a pretty little mackerel kitty! :heart_eyes: Pets are wonderful for bringing us calm and they always seem to know the right time too. :fish::dog2::cat2::parrot::hamster::rabbit2:

(Sophie) #353

We finally got some winter today…it’s 18°f with a wind chill of 5°f…I don’t have to even step foot outside today! :smile:

(Doug) #354

:heart: That’s a very dear picture of Sam, Janelle. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #355

On the way to the gym this morning my wife said, “I’m glad you are exercising and the way you are eating.”

:smile:

(Sophie) #356

Studio time…always makes me happy. :relaxed:

(Carl Keller) #357

It’s like 7 fahrenheit outside right now but there’s not a cloud in the sky. I was out there for about 5 minutes, all bundled up, turtle-like trying to soak up some rare winter sunshine.

A lot of the rural world doesn’t even have access to good clean water. When I remember stuff like that, my first world problems seem pretty petty.

(Sophie) #358

Had enough micro-loan repayments this morning to roll the amount over into another loan to support a Kenyan basket weaver. Love it when that happens!!! :heart_eyes:

(KCKO, KCFO) #359

While it is another snow day here, the birds made it a good thing. We had at least 50 robins, who knows how many chickadees, and starlings fin the trees around our house this morning. Watched them for about an hour and then, magically they all went away. Made for a fun morning.

We are not serious birdwatchers but we do enjoy watching our local birds. Luckily our next door neighbor puts out feeders, so we don’t have to do that. After they feed in her yard, they fly over to ours.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #360

Pulling weeds and finding radishes.