One Good Thing

(Sophie) #241

That’s kinda craptastic and not a very good thing. :confused:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #242

#METOO :frowning_face:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #243

Wow - something Keto can’t cure - broken down UPS trucks. Like they couldn’t send another one out!!! Ok, totally my fault for not planning ahead, as I sit here with red itchy eyes…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #244

I am typing on my new Chromebook and I am very happy to have the tech crash of last week behind me now!

I bought two Das Keyboard 4 Ultimates a few months back, one for home, one for the office. I love it, the best IT purchase I’ve made in years. So many details they got right.

I use a British keyboard layout so had to wait years until I was next in the UK to pick them up. Wasn’t a fan of the international shipping! Worth the wait.

(Running from stupidity) #246

Appropriator

#AWESOME

Which one did you get?

I remember a few years ago - well, maybe a couple of decades, but whatever - I was looking to get a new guitar, and it would literally have been cheaper to fly to the US, buy it, then carry it home rather than buy it from down the street.

Okay, so a few good things today!

1. Changed the tires on my car, forked out for some premium ones for a change. Never thought I’d notice the difference. Wow! The car drives so differently, I actually noticed it. It rains a lot here…

2. Got back on trend with weight loss after a weird pre-Christmas increase. Set a new low today.

3. Finally got around to using the Bluetooth earbuds I got for Christmas. Wow! They make my multiple dog walks every day a lot better. No more silly cables. My neighbors are probably wondering why the British idiot is dancing in the road this evening. Listening to Radiohead right now.

4. Renewed my driver’s license. Got rid of the old flabby photo and updated the weight (significantly!) That felt good.

5. Had a rare hour to myself today to have a good, decent, cup of Yorkshire Gold with some heavy cream mixed in. That was nice.

Ha, like when I once had a kidney stone and the hospital wanted to bill me (before insurance) $65,000 for an overnight stay (it wasn’t a straightforward stone). It would have been cheaper for me to get first class seats on an airline of my choice and get top notch treatment back home in the UK!

If it was a good enough guitar you’d probably want to pick it up yourself instead of leave it up to the multiple delivery guys/girls along the way!

Also, you have likes again!

(Running from stupidity) #249

Won’t last :slight_smile:

I wish you could see how many you have left, and in what timeframe.

If they slap a limit on emojis I’m REALLY screwed.

It’s a silly thing to ration. :confused:

(Running from stupidity) #251

It’s crazy. I understand why on some massive boards that are driven by popularity contests in order to get to the front page, or whatever, that you’d think about it in order to stop botting. (Although even Reddit doesn’t do it, and that’s how they operate.) But that’s not going to happen here, you’d think.

But if I like something, and I’m out of likes, I’ll post to the thread, and to me, that seems CRAZY from a server/bandwidth load POV. (Maybe I have no idea, but that’s how it seems.)

And it’s especially nutso on a forum where “community” keeps getting mentioned - surely encouragement/liking posts is part of that, even if you ignore the fact that it can be used to signal agreement with a good point, and thus is a good - even if only subliminal - indicator to others that this is worth taking note of?

(Running from stupidity) #252

Very next post…

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Running from stupidity) #254

I’d like that, but you know…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #255

Discourse: "We want you to give posts likes, instead of cluttering up the threads with “me too” and “+1” posts.

Discourse: “We limit your likes, because we don’t want you to give out too many.”

Can you say, “inherent contradiction”? :crazy_face:

(Running from stupidity) #256

+1 (See this post as an example.)

This is the bit that really gives me the [spoiler]shits[/spoiler]

(Running from stupidity) #258

I think it’s a bit like my washing machine too - says you’ve only got to wait 20 mins & 30 mins later I’m standing there shouting at it while pointing to the clock :sweat_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #260

Heh, I need to use OK Google to set a reminder for when it finishes or I’ll go back hours later and discover I was doing washing :slight_smile: