Ok what gives? Suggestions much needed

Your weight loss is going great. You aren’t losing only water weight. Keep doing what you are doing. Also take measurements of your waist line. If it’s going down, then you are losing bodyfat, no matter if the scale shows it or not! Be great!

(Hannah Conway) #44

I have noticed i dont have as many ups and downs specially when i eat carnivore. And I am able to take a lower dose then last year where as i was 5mg higher last year doing paleo.

(Marianne) #45

Agreed. I just feel bad that you are working so hard to stay within a presupposed calorie limit. Can I suggest that you try eating two meals a day, very low carb, for about a week? Don’t count the calories. Honestly, I only suggest because I think you would find it easy and you would lose weight. I don’t think you’d have any hunger or cravings. Keto does not have to be as difficult as a conventional diet.

Breakfast

• 3 eggs
  • 3 bacon or 3 breakfast sausage

Dinner:

• Meat (large cheeseburger, pork steak, boneless pork rib (supplemented with bacon fat), two chicken thighs, chicken breast (supplemented with bacon fat), steak, Italian sausage, Kielbasa, etc.)
  • Heavy salad (romaine, eggs, bacon, cheese, blue cheese dressing, or
  • Steamed vegetable in butter, MCT oil or bacon grease

(Marianne) #46

If you read a lot here, you will see that you can’t really eat too many calories (not if you are eating "normally’ and to satiety only). I detest exercise and didn’t do a lick of it until about eight months in - and I still lost a lot of weight. I get it - it’s so hard to give up what we have come to know about successful “dieting,” eating and weight loss. I can be very difficult to let go of that.

Two meals a day is great - you can make one of those carb free, and limit the number of carbs you have at the other one of your meals. You don’t want to be hungry, wanting or anxious about what and how much you ate or didn’t eat. That is contrary to keto. Just eat reasonably - without counting calories - and make a conscious effort to trust the process.

If I sound harsh, I’m sorry - I truly don’t mean to be. I just hate to see anyone struggle when this can really be quite natural and comfortable. Hang in there and keep reaching out, reading and learning. :blush:

(Hannah Conway) #47

You dont sound harsh at all. I feel like ive been doing all the thing you listed but rhe scale iant moving and the clothes arent getting looser :slightly_frowning_face::pensive:

I lost much fat without exercise but only when I was fatter. I didn’t need keto for that and it was easy.
But now, even keto doesn’t help without “tricks”. Eating to satiaty is maintenance for some of us. But even if our body thinks our weight is perfect, it’s not always the case. I don’t think we need to be forceful and hungry, I would never do that but we need to do something to get closer to our goals after months of stalling. Sometimes it’s just being patient but maybe we need to stop eating certain items or having less frequent and bigger meals… And exercise may help too, it’s never a bad idea anyway if we are healthy enough to exercise. We are different and the same thing doesn’t necessarily work for everyone - or for the same person with a smaller weight…

(Hannah Conway) #49

Actually i wasnt worried too much about calpries. The app said i was suppose to eat 1400 but i ignored it and ended up eating closer to 2000 a day. I wasnt worried about the calories until i notoced i wasnt losing weight. I usually do lunch and dinner. Lunch i usually do a meat and a sauteed leafy green and dinner just meat.

(Door Girl) #50

Your posts make it sound like you have been setting an upper limit on your calories. If you have, then perhaps you are missing the comments to add more no carb food to your meals.

Personally, my body only really let go of weight after I would allow it to “ask” for more food and I happily supplied a high calorie day (3-4,000 even). It seemed like there was a resistance to letting go of my reserves unless I was willing to follow hunger cues and step up the food when my body had need of it. This happened a few times for me.

(Door Girl) #51

We posted at the same time. As long as you aren’t afraid to feed a really hungry day with more good food, you can ignore my post above. :slight_smile:

(Hannah Conway) #52

I Don’t ignore my Hunger when I’m hungry I eat. Every once in awhile I have my especially hungry days where I can eat close to 3000 calories between two meals lol

(Door Girl) #53

Your body may just be evening out. How is your sleep? Sleep can have a big impact on body weight set points.

I know it must be horribly frustrating to have already addressed so many typical triggers. But that means that you should be closer to an answer! It took me 18 years from knowing that what I ate made me feel terrible to finding the right solution. Most steps got me closer to the answer, but often there was a big next thing I had to find to make another good change.

(Susan) #54

The carbs are what is tricky, hidden carbs, I use cronometer.com to check to make sure I am low carbs. As an example this was my food today:

Maybe that will give you and idea. I was down another pound this morning, so you can eat about 1800 calories or so, as long as you keep those carbs low.

(Hannah Conway) #55

I sleep like a champ most. I do have alot of stress but its getting better. Do you think i should force myself to do OMAD so i eat less calories?

(Hannah Conway) #56

Thanks for the help. Ive decided to cut put artificial sweetners and go as carnivore as i can. Yd was a total of 6 carbs and only 4 net carbs!

(Door Girl) #57

Forcing it puts more stress on your body. What if you can do a really indulgent lunch with super low carbs and lots of good satisfying intrinsic fat and see how much you need in the evening, if anything, to finish the day satisfied? If you don’t need another meal, great. If you do, have something ready to cook up super quick and enjoy. Set the stage to allow OMAD if it works for you, but allow yourself dinner so you don’t end up in a hunger cycle.

I never made it to OMAD other than random days when I didn’t want to eat anything else and I can’t do it for at least a year as I’ve just begun my third breastfeeding journey, so my input there is more theoretical than experience based.

Dropping the artificial sweeteners should help a ton too.

(Hannah Conway) #58

Your right i dont think im ready for OMAD. Ive been up since 530 doing water and salt its only 1pm and im cranky and woozy. While everyone at work today was eating lunch i was drooling like a starving bulldog. Back to TMAD! Lol

(Donna ) #59

I quit buying sugar replacers that have “natural flavor” because I read that Natural Flavor could actually be sugar. It’s a little harder to find sugar substitutes without Natural Flavor added, but they do exist.

(Hannah Conway) #60

Huh never even thought of that. I tried to cut out artificial sweeteners and just do black tea but I only lasted 3 days. I keep trying but I can’t seem to quit that little bit of stevia I put my tea each morning and afternoon.

(Susan) #61

Have you tried 1 tablespoon of HWC? That helped some people get off the sweeteners, so is just a suggestion =).

(Barbara Schibly) #62

What is HWC?