Ok what gives? Suggestions much needed

(Melanie Pietkivitch) #63

Heavy Whipping Cream :grinning: Gives a nice creamy mouthfeel and doesn’t take much to have a nice effect. I need to cut down on my stevia drops, too.

(Melanie Pietkivitch) #64

I’ve noticed that upping my protein with meats has helped me bump a stall lately. I’m still fine-tuning my keto diet and just trying to notice what foods, macros, and meal timing works the best. It’s a process that takes patience (very hard for me!), but has been worth it both with weight loss and feeling better. Hang in there!

(Hannah Conway) #65

No i havent tried that yet. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #66

I totally get what your saying. I too suffer from EXTREME Ptsd. Like REALLY bad. I get panic attacks in open spaces. I grind my teeth and tremble. It’s just awful. I’m not on any medication because my anxiety is so bad, I’m too afraid to go to a doctor. I want to lose weight too. I have the exact same carb counting app as you. I’m thinking of going premium though. I HATE the scale but find myself stepping on the damn thing, I guess because I want to know if I’m making progress. Depression sucks. I’ve had it since I was 12. Now I’m 31. Was a terrible self harmer and have scars all over my body. I was once on lexapro but it made my jaw clench too much. I hope your doing ok. You’ve got this.:heart::heart::heart:

(Barbara Schibly) #67

For mood disorders like anxiety and depression and also ADHD you really want to do a Paleo-style diet. That is, one that completely eliminates grains (ALL grains) grain flours and also processed foods. Gluten - a variant of which is present in all grains - can not only contribute to mood disorders but can be the cause of these. I am a physician and have seen all three of these disorders completely disappear in my practice when people implemented a Paleo-style diet (NO grains, no sugars, no legumes. Just naturally fed meats, wild-caught fish, organic veges and fruits.) For more on this see the book Grain Brain by neurologist David Perlmutter MD.