October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Tamela Robinette) #142

Wow @TimeForMe and @Shortstuff you guys are rocking it! I made it 48 hours yesterday and I decided I had some leftovers that needed to be taken care of so I broke. It was still my longest fast since I did a 72 hour in early July. I went for a run after work yesterday and felt a little slow, however I haven’t been doing much running lately plus I was fasting but I think it triggered my hunger a little. I could of pushed through though honestly. I am going to attempt either ADF or a 72 hour next week. I’m probably going to do OMAD today, just playing it by ear but will definitely get 20 hours in before eating today. The scales are already moving in the right direction after my fall off the wagon and my energy levels feel decent. Happy fasting (or feasting) all, it’s almost the weekend!:grinning:

(Jane) #143

Woo hoo! You go girl!

I d/l the app you are using to try it out. I love the icon milestones!

I was using Vora but it is buggy and now crashes when I try to enter my weight at the end of the fast. I emailed them and they are aware of it, but no updates and it’s been months since it started doing that.

Don’t know if the app you are using has that as an option but don’t really care since I am usually away from home when I fast anyway with no access to a scale. Just want something different to look at next time.

(Allie) #144

@Janie I stopped using Vora for the same reason, it is way too buggy now. It used to be good but then there was the big update they did, last year sometime I think, and it’s not been right since.

I tried this new app after seeing a few people on Instagram using it and it’s great! :grinning:

I’m actually starting to feel a bit hungry now so may break this evening… but maybe not :joy:

(Bob M) #145

Is that wise? Personally, I have to break early in the day, otherwise I get up too much at night, going to the bathroom.

(Jane) #146

I usually break my fasts in the evening at dinner with no issues. I’ve even been known to break with a glass of red wine first :scream:.

My goal is to break at least 8 hours before I have to get on a train or plane to come home or a 7-hr drive with few gas stations in some stretches.

(Allie) #147

I can’t break in the morning then come to work as when I break an EF I get insanely tired and just need to sleep :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

(Jane) #148

I’ve found that to be true with me also. I love the empty feeling after 3 days… and I really hate that sluggish, ugh feeling in your stomach when you fill it up with food and all I want to do is crawl in bed.

(Bob M) #149

Ok, that breaking with red wine is crazy. :grinning:

For me, once my body starts up again, it really, really starts. If I fast 4.5 days and break my fast in the morning/lunch time, I’ll go to the bathroom 5, maybe 10 times in the next 12-15 hours. It’s gotten better, but even a 36 hour fast causes me to go to the bathroom a lot. I learned through not being able to get up fast enough at night, not to break a fast at dinner. I will do OMAD periodically (tomorrow, for instance), but even then, I need to be careful.

Edited: I’ve been fasting now for about 4.5 years, and this is my experience every time. So, it’s interesting others don’t have a similar experience. The benefit to me is that if I start fasting, my digestion basically immediately shuts down. The detriment is it immediately starts up again, with a vengeance, once I eat.

(Mame) #150

I almost always break my fasts in the evening. No issues thus far, and if there are issues I am home.

Love reading about everyone’s ease! Very inspirational.

I am feeling so sluggish and bloated. I have been having a few keto treats so I think that is why. Or it’s hormones. I am also feeling a bit burdened life-wise so I think I will plan a simple 36 hour fast next week as that sounds pretty easy… I need easy.

I have a houseguest coming next Wednesday so I am thinking meal-less-Monday.

(Allie) #151

Yes all I am able to do is crawl into bed and sleep, body just won’t function enough to let me do anything else.

(Jane) #152

First time I did that I was livin’ on the edge!!!

I was in a hotel in downtown Chicago and had an hour before my dinner reservation a couple of blocks away. I was close to a bathroom, walking to dinner… I figured what the heck??? And ordered some red wine at the bar. Hit me harder than normal but I was ok - made it to dinner, too! :laughing:

(Tamela Robinette) #153

I’m just under 17 hours after completing a 48 hour yesterday and my tummy is giving me a fit! Complaining very loudly! I have an important meeting at 1 and I’m worried folks will here it lol.

(Allie) #154

Starting to feel really sick now so definitely need to break when I get home from work.

(Bob M) #155

Yeah, I have learned to be careful with alcohol on keto/with fasting. Even fasting just from dinner to dinner, and having a drink before dinner, will rock my world sometimes. The good thing is that eating really helps, but it’s like that one drink can affect me like two drinks would were I not fasting.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #156

Jane,

Wow, what is that like?

(Allie) #157

(Susan) #158

Congratulations Allie on completing a 97 hour fast, that is awesome!

Thank you! 48 hours is nothing to sneeze at! Happy feasting/fasting to you, too!

(Failed) #160

I’ll be breaking my 36 hour fast in about an hour. With all of the caprylic acid (C8) oil I’ve been taking, it’s been a breeze.

Oops!!! Thanks @Shortstuff!
I didn’t blur my food. I’ve not done that before so it didn’t even occur to me. I’ll post elsewhere.