October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Thank you for the update. I’m glad i waited to hear back! :slight_smile:

My motivation is weaning. I’m thinking about tasty food and keep thinking about ending my 5-day fast early. Probably best that I just go to sleep and see how I feel in the morning. I’ll be at 82 hours when I wake up.

Fingers crossed I don’t cave. Good night all! And I hope everyone else’s fasts are going well!

(Allie) #124

Doesn’t work when there’s AC aiming directly at you. I had a blanket wrapped around my legs and coat on but still got so cold it hurt.

(Allie) #125

Last night I planned to break this morning.

This morning I extended the goal again :joy:

I have had a couple of coffees with a little heavy cream in this morning as I just wanted something I could taste, but now time to carry on.

(Jane) #126

That’s the best way to fast - listen to your body and wing it!

:grinning:

(Allie) #127

I’ve never had it happen this easily! :grinning:

That’s fantastic! Are you having any negative feelings or physical reactions?

I’m at 83 hours.

Last night I was feeling a little iffy on continuing to five days but a little sleep renewed my motivation to keep going.

I felt the slightest tingle of something near my mid to lower back. A tiny bit uncomfortable but not painful. I’ve read another thread at one point where someone was experiencing back pain. I’m not there yet but wondering…

Have any of you experienced back pain and do you have thoughts on what caused it?

I’ve never experienced it (that I recall) but believe I too have read where others have mentioned this? I also have a self-imposed limit for Fasting of 5 days (120 hrs.) and don’t believe I’ve ever had any issues even when doing 5-days. But do recall reading there’s some other things that can come into play whilst Fasting, but normally not until once beyond 5 days or so? (Been a while since I read it but I’m still pretty sure it was said to be beyond 5 days?) … I would say to stay mindful of it just in case & play it safe if it happens to get worse. Best not to chance something you’re unsure what’s causing it. :slight_smile: Be safe…

After breaking yesterday, all was good, with very minor stomach issues. But, I did partake in a couple things known to cause issues with breaking a Fast. But again, very minor. And unfortunately, I then only got 4 hrs. of sleep last night since my Male Pup, Kito, decided he needed to go out at 3am this morning. And of course, I couldn’t get back to sleep afterwards. So I’ve been up since 3am, and just hope I don’t end up DOMA later today? Though I usually don’t even when I only get a few hours of sleep in. Seems to be even less so when related, or revolving around Fasting. I’ve had nights where I only got a few hours in, but felt fine if not great the next day. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #131

No nothing at all.
Hunger comes and goes but nothing I can’t handle.

(Bob M) #132

Interesting. I’m actually colder today, after breaking my 37 hour or so fast yesterday, than I was when fasting. It’s only 10am, and I’m thinking of eating because I’m cold.

(Allie) #133

Decided to extend again. About to train legs though so might change my kind after :joy:

I still don’t have the cold feeling that has always been an issue for my fasts…

(Tamela Robinette) #134

I’ve had an incredibly easy fast this time too! I intended on 20 hours, then stretched it to 32 and now I’m shooting for 48. I haven’t done a 72 since early July so maybe I’ll get lucky! Congrats on your easy fast and not being cold!!! I keep waiting for the cold to come, so far so good😏

(Allie) #135

@Robinette71 have you changed anything that may make it easier for you? Everything is the same for me except that I’ve been zero carb since Monday last week.

(Tamela Robinette) #136

Not that I can think of. I actually been eating really crappy and was starting to feel like poo mentally, physically and emotionally and made up my mind that I had to get back right with the keto WOE and the fasting gods lol. Maybe it’s just sheer determination haha. I know it won’t be the end of the world if I don’t eat for 72 hours, that’s what I keep telling myself. When I am strictly keto, I do tend to lean to the mostly carnivore side and have been more and more as I go through my journey. Maybe my body is just happy I’m not eating junk so it decided to give me an easy fast this go round. I did a 42 hour last week that was fairly smooth. Good luck on your leg work! I’m going for a run after work as the weather here today is beautiful!

Well, I’m sort-of breaking personal protocol, since I usually make sure to put in 2 days of eating, with 2 meals each day, between Fast. But I’m really just not feeling it. I mean the foods were indeed good, but I’m just not very interested presently? So just decided to start another Fast right after eating tonight. (I did get three meals in though, which shouldn’t be too bad.)

Well, welcome back! :slight_smile:
If you’re just not feeling it, then it totally makes sense to give it another shot.

My tummy is super grumbly tonight. Going to drink some water and try to stave off any deleterious food thoughts. I’m surprised I made it this far. Almost there!

(Allie) #140

Extended again :joy:

(Susan) #141

You are doing great, Allie. Congrats on your progress so far =).