October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Not really. I use the urine strips but they kind of suck. I was going to buy a KetoMojo but I found a Contour BG monitor for $7.99 with 100 each needle things and test strips. Maybe next time I’ll be able to measure ketones because that would be 1) helpful and 2) cool.

(Bob M) #103

I’ve found the urine ones to not be great.

Blood glucose should give you some idea of what your ketones are. If you have low blood glucose, you’ll have higher ketones. The exact amounts you won’t know, but that should be what happens.

(Allie) #104

Work have turned the air con off too :grinning:

Similarly, my office has a system that is either Hot or Cold, meaning once they switch it over it stays in that setting until the next season. Right now, they haven’t switched it over from AC to Heat yet. So with it only being 61° outside, and quite windy, it’s a bit chilly in the office presently. - But I actually keep my office in the low/mid 60’s year around, so I don’t mind it actually.

(Allie) #106

My manager turned the heating on a few days ago as he was cold, but he didn’t turn the AC off so we ended up with it blowing cold air at us. I was not amused and made him well aware… AC has been off since.

Sounds like he got the message. :smile: Believe you mentioned having issues with the AC in your office before. Most the folks in our building keep their small floor heaters to help combat this as well when the AC is on.

(Bob M) #108

Yikes, that’s chilly. That’s what we keep our house in the winter. Right now, it’s 74F in my office. I don’t have any control over the temp, though. I have a fan behind me, which I’m thinking of turning on.

I’m not sure I could fast if my office was in the low 60s. I’d have to have a sweater and more on.

(Allie) #109

This would be a good option with where I sit now as the cold comes through from under the desk, but in my proper seat (that I would like to go back to as I get more privacy), the cold blows from above and hits the top of my left leg which literally makes me cold to the bone and it hurts.

They’ve had the vent blocked so I can go back there but I’m actually a bit scared to after all the pain I had.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #110

I’m thinking of starting a fast after supper on Wednesday. Just gonna go 48 hours. We’ll see how I’m feeling though. I start a new round/cycle of chemo today.

Yeah, I’ve always preferred it colder over heat, but there are times I enjoy the heat too. But it does make knowing if you’re getting chilly from Fasting, rather then it just being cold in the office.

We’ve had some folks here that complained about the ceiling vents as well. Especially for those who don’t get the opportunity to move away and are stuck at their desk. But they have installed some deflectors that you can install, which makes the air blow out to the side, opposed to straight down. Might be something they can incorporate for you there as well? Just a thought… the ones they put in here, actually have like a tile shape, with vents facing all four directions, but it does the job well.

(Susan) #112

Hugs and prayers for this, I really want you to be able to tell us one day that you are cancer free, we all want that for you =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #113

Thanks!

(Allie) #114

@KetoCancerMom sending you love and healing :heart:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #115

At 44hrs and decided to try something new. I’m hungrier than normal. I think I worked out a little too hard this morning.

I usually either tough it out or break a fast completely. I’m sitting here drinking tea with 11g of coconut oil. Let’s see how that does for me. I’m wanting to have more tools in my tool chest for fasting and this WOE/WOL.

(Bob M) #116

Yes, good luck, and I wish you well.

Please keep us updated. I’m curious to see how that works for you and if it helps to keep you going or if it makes you want to eat or feel even hungrier.

Decided to go ahead and join the Family for dinner, so broke at just 47 hrs. Especially since the Wife made pulled pork that’s been in the slow cooker since yesterday, mid-day and was working hard in the kitchen when I got home. :slight_smile: Figure to maybe eat the next two days and try to get another one in before the weekend. … Hope those still Fasting have an easy time with theirs. :+1:

(Failed) #119

Me too. I mean, you can always add layers if you’re cold, but people get weird when you start stripping in the office. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:+1: This is actually similar to what I tell people. I tell them you can always layer up to get warm, but you can’t peel off skin to cool down. :smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #121

Made me super hungry. So I made it home and stuffed some food in my belly and then had some challenges down there. But all is good now. Live and learn.

I need to stick with water, coffee and green tea.