October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

I hadn’t thought of that but I’ll start doing it just for fun. LOL

I’ll be posting my data from pre-fast and first two full days on my fasting log

It’s okay to take Tylenol or ibuprofen for a headache while fasting, correct?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #84

25+ hours. Some light hunger today. Not my easiest day but not that hard. Ready to bank sleep time. See you in the am.

(Susan) #85

I think that it is fine; I have done it a few times as well =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #86

I try salt first for a headache but if after that go for it. Might help you sleep better.

Just over 25 hrs. myself. Ran out after work and picked up some new Camo Pants, and may go to bed early. (Been a little tired, but it’s because I got up at 4:15am both Sat & Sun, and both were long days.)

I agree with Eric, that some Salt may indeed help if it’s related to not getting in enough. But I have taken Advil a few times when I’ve had headaches whilst Fasting. (usually due to too much computer work) But like most meds, it’s always better to take it with some food in ya, but I just take some if Fasting.

Thanks @Digital_Dave @Momof5 @daddyoh
I tried additional salt and ketoade. It may have helped a little but i still had a dull headache and ended up taking a couple acetaminophen. I’ll be heading to bed soon, very early for me, but I’m sleepier than usual and could use the extra sleep anyway.

Happy l’ve made it through to almost 50 hours so far and will be at nearly 58 when my alarm clock goes off at 4am. I’m hoping that third-day mental clarity and focus phase kicks in tomorrow!

(Susan) #89

Wow, alarm going off at 4am (yikes! that is early).

Congrats on your progress so far, you are doing great. The acetaminophen probably made you more sleepy, taking it on an empty tummy as well. Sleep well =) and best wishes on your 5 day goal.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #90

About 33.5 hrs. 7 hrs of sleep but a little restless at the start and end of the sleep cycle. Here is hoping today goes well.

Happy fasting to all of you today.

At 59 hours so far. Going well with the exception of that little headache. It still persists but it’s bearable. Down 2.5 pounds. BG seems to be trending downward. I started my day with coffee and a teaspoon of cream, a glass of ketoade and a fingertip of pink Himalayan salt.

@daddyoh
Happy fasting day to you, too! I hope your restless night doesn’t make for a sleepy day.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #92

I’ll be good. Middle sleep was fantastic. Thanks

(Allie) #93

This is the easiest fast ever! Only intended it to be 16 hours but keep extending the goal :joy:

Awesome! Way to go!

(Bob M) #95

Nice!

I made it overnight, so 32+ hours so far, then went to the gym. Will end soon, though. I was not that cold last night for my sleep. Last time, I had a long-sleeve shirt, T-shirt, and long pants under covers and was still a bit chilly; this time, similar but no long-sleeve shirt and not too chilly. I think eating more (the so-called “feasting”) before a fast does seem to help reduce how cold I get.

Darn! I forgot to measure my body temperature. Will do that next time.

Presently at 39 hrs. … Not sure if I will eat something later tonight or just continue on? (No issues as usual, but also no set limit) I’ve only been doing a couple days Fast here recently, but mainly just want to keep in the mix. I’ll probably just eat something when I start missing eating a nice meal. :slight_smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #97

40+ hrs and cranking. Will break at about 47 hrs so right before dinner. Feeling good. time for salt.

(Allie) #98

I’ve not been cold at all this time even though the temperature has dropped a lot. The only thing I’ve changed is that I’ve been eating close to zero carb (still my homemade Bulgarian yoghurts) since Monday last week.

(Jane) #99

Since you didn’t mention being cold, I wondered if this time around you weren’t so uncomfortable. Glad to hear you were warmer this time!

At about 64 hours.

Feeling pretty good in general. Had an extra coffee with a teaspoon of cream this morning. The warmth of it somehow made me feel good. I was pretty cold last night. Usually keep my thermostat at 70 but turned it up to 75. The temps outside went from 100 to 80 in the past couple of days, too, so that could be why. Or not.

I have a weird feeling but can’t tell if it’s a super dull headache or very faint lightheadedness or a floaty kind of euphoria??? Hmmmm. I’m sure time will tell.

(Bob M) #101

Do you measure ketones? If you react well to ketones, that would provide one clue as to whether it’s euphoria-like or not. Usually, ketones go up while blood sugar goes down.

Personally, I no longer get a “ketone high”, unless I take exogenous ketones. But I don’t like those; they make me feel strange. (At least the ones I tried, anyway.)