October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jane) #62

Excellent GKI

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #63

Thanks. I’m happy with this fast. I’m not planning on going longer this time. I may do some more regular 48-hour fasts.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #64

Broke my fast at about 48hrs.
ISF: 57
BG: 58
BK: 4.9
GKI: 0.66

(Susan) #65

Congrats on another succcessful Fast =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #66

Thanks.
Interestingly, my numbers are still looking good after breaking my fast last night:

The blue line is Thursday, red line is Friday (fasting until supper), and the yellow line is today.

(Failed) #67

That’s wonderful!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #68

Thanks.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #69

Great numbers. I would love to have those BG values.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #70

Thanks. I’m happy with them :slightly_smiling_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #71

Hello Fasting Fans

Starting a 48hr to 72hr fast. Had a nice, relaxed weekend, and am psyched for getting back to fasting.

Been a bit preoccupied with a few things here lately, but also want to continue to throw in some Fasting here and there. So as of now I plan to start one for this week coming, and just see where it takes me.

I was actually playing around with the Wife a little while ago while driving back from the store, and I told her I would be Fasting for the next two weeks. :smile: Of course, she knows I have a self imposed limit of 5 days, but she did remind me how it seems that I always want to Fast anytime we restock the fridge! Which she did just the other day. :smile: … Told her they can handle it. :slight_smile:

Happy Fasting Folks… :+1:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #73

Dave, be safe while driving, please. :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I just hit 25 hours on my 5-day fast. I feel great but I expect the hardest part will be late tomorrow night. So far so good! I’m tracking blood glucose and blood pressure every 3 hours and logging on my 5-day fast thread if interested.

I’m hoping work will keep my mind occupied for the majority of the week. I’m glad there are a few others fasting, too.

Could that be called SIMULFASTING??? :):grinning:

Yes Sir, kept my eyes on the road the entire time. :wink: Sure she was giving me the ole’ Evil-Eye though. :smile:

(Bob M) #77

@TimeForMe Blood pressure every three hours?

I’m starting a 36 hour fast. I tried to eat more yesterday to ensure I got enough food in me to avoid getting too cold.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #78

I ate a little more as well yesterday. I’m counting on getting cold. Seems to be a thing for me when I fast.

Only because I can. I have a little wrist cuff device so it’s easy to just throw it on and do it.

(Bob M) #80

It definitely affects my blood pressure over time. After 4.5+ days, I can start getting dizzy when I stand. Doesn’t happen all the time, though.

@daddyoh I should also get cold, especially at night/bedtime. Last time, I had to have long pants and a long sleeve shirt on at night. We’ll see though. It’s a bit warmer here.

(Bob M) #81

By the way, has anyone taken their (internal) temperature while fasting? That might be an interesting data point. We have one of those thermometers you shoot off the forehead. Maybe I’ll take my temperature tonight to see what it is.