October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #42

That is great, Janie, congrats and I am glad that you didn’t have any issues as well =).

(Failed) #43

@Janie @Momof5

I’m claiming a 71.5 hr fast then. :+1:t2:

I just ate a bunch of pork ribs to dispell or confirm what my daughter’s been reading saying that your body converts too much protein to carbs and kicks you out of ketosis. She says she’s only allowed 35 g of protein per day (she’s new to keto).

I sent her this:

And now she just texted me “Yes. I’m not sure one meal will be enough to do anything. The articles are talking about the whole days worth of protein and it depends on your protein to kilogram ratio.”

Can someone point me to some articles that either confirm or debunk what she’s saying?

(Susan) #44

There was an Amy Berger youtube video about Fasting that someone posted on here a bit ago (I cannot find it, I tried to look for it) but she said that it was okay to have a coffee/tea with some HWC or coconut oilduring a fast. That is why I thought that your celery and pickle were okay as they are very low carb and calories and Keto friendly. I remember seeing Dr. Jason Fung in one of his videos saying if it was something like that and about 50 calories or less and almost no carbs that it was fine as well. I cannot find either of the videos though, sorry.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #45

What were the numbers of your ratio/GKI? (just curious) :slight_smile:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #46

I’m thinking of doing a 48-hour fast…but I’m not really set on it yet.

(Failed) #47

This is what I have in my notes in the order in which I took them, starting at the beginning of my fast.
GKI 2.99 barely in therapeutic range (1-3)
Dr Boz ratio 53.8 less than 80=wgt loss, less than 40=autophagy

GKI 2.04 middle of therapeutic range (1 to 3)
Dr Boz ratio 36.8 (less than 40 = autophagy)

GKI 2.2 therapeutic (between 1 & 3)
Dr. Boz ratio 39 (less than 40 = autophagy)

GKI 2.0 therapeutic (between 1 & 3)
Dr. Boz ratio 37 (less than 40 = autophagy)

GKI 1.6 therapeutic (between 1 & 3)
Dr. Boz ratio 30 (less than 40 = autophagy)

GKI 2.04 therapeutic (between 1 & 3)
Dr. Boz ratio 36.8 (less than 40 = autophagy)

GKI 1.6 therapeutic (between 1 & 3)
Dr Boz ratio 28.8 (less than 40 = autophagy)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #48

Nice numbers

(Failed) #49

Thanks, I was hoping they were. I’m still learning. :tulip:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #50

Jane - wow. Cool.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #51

So, I’m basically at 24 hours. I’m thinking of just going until 48 hours.
Currently sitting at:
ISF: 70 (from CGM)
BG: 65
BK: 1.6

My feet feel a bit cold, as do my fingers, but not too bad. I may just go a bit longer, as I’m trying for autophagy. Although I’m thinking of making this a fat fast (with MCT Oil ).

(Jane) #52

I picked a good week to fast. It was on the 90’s every day in Ft Worth and the A/C was out in half the building I worked in. One half was cool and comfortable and the other half (where I officed) was in the 80’s. So never cold.

If I needed to cool off I just went to the restroom and it was 10 degrees colder in there :laughing:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #53

About 30hrs now.
ISF: 64
BG: 58
BK: 2.4
GKI: 1.34

(Failed) #54

Great numbers!

(Bob M) #55

I finally made it 36 hours, with a workout at 32 hours. I slept well, too, although I had to add a long sleeved shirt and long pants to do so. It just got cold here in CT.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #56

I’m about 38 hours in.
ISF: 64
BG: 57
BK: 3.4
GKI: 0.93

I slept pretty well, aside from waking for baby care and being thirsty (I have a tendency for my mouth to dry out overnight). Feeling good this morning, though!

(Mame) #57

This is why although I work in public health I do not work on nutrition topics or anything related like diabetes or CVD. It is scary and sad, I try to lead by example and share info only if asked.

(Tamela Robinette) #58

It is terrifying! How can we help other people when we are so unhealthy? Honestly, I am not perfect by any means, I struggle daily with my food addiction but I see some of my coworkers can barely make it from their car into the building as they tote their fast food bags in and it saddens me. I only share if asked myself but I do wish people would wake up and realize how much better their quality of life could be.

(Bob M) #59

Those are amazing numbers. I can only get my blood sugar that low if I fast over 4.5 days.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #60

Thanks!
I think I’m just having a good fast this time around. I’m going to break at 48-hours. I don’t want to go much longer than that this time around (and I like having supper with my husband).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #61

So, I’m about 43 hours in.
ISF: 58
BG: 56
Ketonix: 3.6 PPM
BK: 4.6
GKI:0.68

I’ve been given the impression that with my BG being so low I should be seeing better numbers on the Ketonix (BrAce). I’m not so sure about that. Maybe I’m just not producing enough BrAce, even though I’m obviously deep into ketosis during this fast.