October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Failed) #21

40 hours and still going strong. BG this morning was 102 / 5.6

(Susan) #22

That is great, Dee, best wishes =).

(Failed) #23

Thanks, but I was happy too quickly. I just did another finger prick and 3 hrs after the 102/5.6 it’s 127/7.03. :sob:

(Susan) #24

Aww =( -I hope that this fast will help you get the numbers you want.

(Failed) #26

I’m breaking my fast after 48 hours with some celery & dill pickle slices.

(Susan) #27

That is great, Dee, I hope that it helped you do what you wanted from it =).

(Jane) #28

49 hours in and past my two “hunger zones”.

I’ll make me 2 large commuter cups of coffee before I head into the plant tomorrow morning but keep them black. One is for my morning and the other for the afternoon when I am on the road heading home (YAY!). I’ve got HWC and Truvia I’ll add to them after I break my fast at lunch. Should be half a mug left of my morning coffee since I don’t slug it down when it’s plain black.

Won’t be heading home until after 2 pm tomorrow due to a meeting, so later than I usually leave. It will put me home around 10 pm instead of supper time.

(Susan) #29

That is great, Janie =).

(Tamela Robinette) #30

Guys I haven’t posted in awhile because I started a new job but I have to share this shocking info I just read in our employee newsletter. We are getting ready to participate in our annual health & wellness fair & our county manager (I work for the local county government) shared the stats from last year’s health fair.
Of 1,522 employees:
-60 percent were obese
-59 percent were prehypertensive
-and a WHOPPING 84 percent had AVOIDABLE CASES OF DIABETES!!!
Something is really wrong with this picture! Our mission is to help the citizens of this county and we are slowly killing ourselves with food and I want to shout from the rooftop “keto and fasting can fix this!” Ok rant over, back to our regularly scheduled fasting…sips black coffee🙄

(Bob M) #31

Don’t get too excited. For me, the morning blood glucose I take is always less than the blood glucose I take later, fasting or not:

Keep going with fasting, as this will help over time. That figure is about 4 years into low carb/keto and about 2.5 years of fasting. Sadly, I don’t have anything from my high carb days (and the CGM I was using wasn’t available back then anyway).

(Jane) #32

62 hours in and woke up with a mild headache so I ate some salt and it went away.

Going to break at lunch so 4 hours away.

(Failed) #33

Thanks for sharing, that’s helpful.

(Jane) #34

Dee, I have seen my blood glucose spike 30 points after 3 days of nothing but black coffee and water. I was told it was my liver making it because my body needed it.

(Failed) #35

Interesting, thanks. That’s encouraging.

(Bob M) #36

Yeah, before I got my CGM, I delayed coffee until 10 am or later to see if that caused the blood sugar rise I was seeing…and it did not. That is, my blood sugar went up anyway. I took plenty of pin-pricks to figure that out.

That pattern of rising morning blood sugar is common for me, I have months of data just like this.

The benefit to the CGM is that it’s less painful. :wink: When you start taking pin-pricks every 30 minutes or even 15 minutes to see what’s going on, that kinda hurts after a while. With the CGM, you just read it using the reader.

(Susan) #37

@Robinette71

I am glad that you are doing well in your own Keto journey, Tamela; maybe you can leave some Keto print-outs laying about at work, hehe.

(Failed) #38

I did a 48 hr fast, broke it at 7 pm yesterday with some celery and pickles, then started again, so I don’t know if I can add the additional hours or have to start counting all over. Doesn’t really matter, I don’t think there’re any fasting police on the board.
:oncoming_police_car::policewoman::oncoming_police_car::policewoman:t3::oncoming_police_car::policewoman:t5: :oncoming_police_car:

Edited to add: The point of fasting is to get into autophagy, right? If so, then my GKI and Dr. Boz ratios show that I am in autophagy. I know this is not an exact science and there is some controversy about how to determine whether or not someone is in autophagy.

(Jane) #39

Celery and pickles… pffft I would add both fasts together!

(Susan) #40

I agree, I mentioned that to her on her Accountability thread as well =). The calories are so low, and carbs so low that it is fine I think too =).

(Jane) #41

Broke my fast at 66 hours with carnitas and guacamole. No issues!