October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Actually decided to break here at work at just 44 hrs. this way I can eat, shower and get some sleep for tomorrow’s early day and just be done with it. But I really hate to eat something so close to laying down. Never liked how I feel and usually don’t sleep well either.

(KCKO, KCFO) #243

I feel for you, been there, done that, a real drag. Hope you mend quickly. I had a case that evolved into pneumonia so be sure and take the full treatment. You don’t want it to get any worse.

(John) #244

About 25 hours into a short fast. I am experimenting with fasting 1 day a week. I was going to do “Fasting Fridays” for a few weeks, but schedule got messed up this week so started it a day early.

Will likely break it at 36 hours Friday morning (tomorrow).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #245

Started my fast about 45 min ago. Goal 72hrs.
CGM: 78
BG: 72
BK: 1.2
GKI: 3.33

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #246

I’m about 14 hours in:
CGM: 77
BG: 80
BK: 2.7
GKI: 1.65

(John) #247

And that is what I did. Until next week!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #248

Still chugging along on my fast :slight_smile:
At 38hr I had some good numbers (upon waking). I’m checking BG and BK every 6 hours or so. After 48 hours I’ll check 4-6 hours until 72 hours (except for sleeping). This is because my glucose will be in the low to mid 40s.

CGM: 67
BG: 70
BK: 2.7
GKI/Boz: 1.44/ 26

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #249

I’m 48 hours in. Feeling a little hungry, but I know I haven’t had enough water today. I’m starting to get some good numbers as far as GKI/Boz goes, so I plan to continue my fast. I really want the autophagy benefits. According to the LIFE Fasting App: By 72 hours, your body is breaking down old immune cells and generating new ones ( Cheng et al., 2014 ).

I’m hoping that in my case those numbers (for when this happens) happen sooner than 72 hours. I’m planning on continuing on to 72 hours, provided I still feel well :slight_smile:

Current Numbers:
Fast length: 48 hours
CGM: 62
BG: 49
BK: 4.2
GKI: 0.65
Boz: 12

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #250

Great numbers. I hope you breeze into 72 hrs.

Super Stoked
(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #251

Thanks. This morning I woke to great numbers. I forgot about having to do some blood work when I planned my fast. I hope that having a low glucose won’t be any cause for concern with my chemo. They mostly are looking at liver function, so hopefully those won’t be too negatively impacted by my long fast.

Fast length: 62 hours
CGM: 49
BG: 49
BK: 5.0
GKI: 0.54
Boz: 10

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #252

Rocking my fast :slight_smile:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #253

I just finished a 74-hour fast.

CGM: 51
BG: 45
BK: 5.2
GKI: 0.48
Boz: 8.65

(Susan) #254

Congrats on the 74 hours =). That is awesome.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #255

Woot! Woot!

(Bob M) #256

That is a great length, @KetoCancerMom. Congratulations.

I made it about 36 hours Monday into Tuesday, after a new body weight plus HIIT workout. I ate a ton yesterday, a freaking ton. I could not stop eating, though I did keep it to two meals. Was trying to fast part of the day today, with maybe low cal for dinner. It’s 9:30 am, though, and I’m somewhat cold and definitely hungry. We’ll see what happens.

(Bob M) #257

Couldn’t do it. Had to eat. Warm now. Was cold before. Don’t have another opportunity to fast until next week, with Halloween tomorrow and a workout on Friday, then working on house all weekend again. See you in the November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #258

Wow where did Oct go? I’ll see you there as well. I’ll be fasting M,Tues next week. Going to take a break from resistance to failure on M,T and just do Thur, Fri. I can’t fast on days when I push my resistance training extra hard.

Yeah, seems like the months are just whizzing by lately doesn’t it. :slight_smile: … I just finished eating some food for lunch, and think I might just start another Fast. I have a couple things I need to do tonight, including re-rigging my Deer hoist to a higher branch after the lower one broke, so taking off a couple hours early to try and beat the rain storms coming in tonight and tomorrow. Plus trying to get the gutters cleaned out as well. (Just the two ends near the Oaks) If no one sets up a new November IF/EF thread, I’ll do it in the next day or so. … Happy Fasting Folks :+1:

(Mame) #260

October was really a wash fasting-wise for me. I think due to lack of planning on my part.

I am feeling more hopeful about November though. I have a family birthday to celebrate on the 4th and Thanksgiving (US) at the end of the month.
I will start really looking at my calendar and schedule and making plans ahead of time. It should be good.

I will get at least a 22h fast (with crutches) in today.

The new IF/EF Chat Thread for November 2019 can be found below…

Leave all the Spooky & Scary Foods in the Halloween/October month. :smile: