November 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

fasting

Here is a new IF/EF Fasting Thread for November 2019. :+1:

Actually decided to start a Fast yesterday, not eating last night, and already 24+ hrs in. But have been getting slight queasy feelings this morning? (Not something usual for me?) - Feeling fine overall, but seems this feeling has come over me maybe 2 or 3 times since about 9am or so, but not lasting too long? … Think I will just continue on and see how things go. At most I will be breaking tomorrow night anyway, so should be somewhere around 54 hrs. unless I partake in some foods beforehand.

October 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)
(Susan) #2

Thanks, Dave for making the new thread =).

Best wishes on your fast =).

I am doing a Fasting/eating protocol for the month that is this:

IF%20Schedule%20-%20Copy

I will change the plan a bit -I am doing 44 hours on my Fasting days instead of the 42 hours, as I want to keep my 20:4 IF that I have done for a very long time now. Also, since it is my birthday on Monday (a normal fasting day) I am going to do an OMAD that day for supper to have supper with the family and make a Keto Pizza for me, non-Keto pizzas for them and some type of Keto desert for me for them to sing happy birthday and for it to be a birthday party still.then watch a movie with the girls, just hanging out together =).

Early Happy Birthday Blessings and Wishes to you Susan, I hope you have a wonderful birthday :gift:

(Susan) #4

Thank you so much, Gracie =).

(Full Metal KETO AF) #5

I just took a week of liberal eating times while my son stayed at my house for a week, I’m back to my 19/5 IF again since yesterday. :cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks Susan, and you’re welcome. And Happy up-coming Birthday to ya for Monday if I forget.

I ended up just eating something tonight after just 30+ hrs. … It ended up being a very long day at work, and even longer since I had to drive way past my house to pick up an order. “Plus the Wife made a nice meal while I was on the road.” - But it was worth it, since it was the Dungeness I ordered on Tuesday. So they will probably be on the menu for tomorrow night, and I will start another Fast after the weekend.

(I don’t like Fasting weekends mostly)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #7

I hope to join in Sunday evening. Going to take M,Tu off from resistance training for extended recovery. That should make fasting easier. I’m going to try for 48 to 72 hours.

I have a lot of loose skin since approaching carnivore. I need some autophagy.

Happy November all

(John) #8

Doing my new weekly “Fasting Friday” today. Shooting for 34 to 36 hours, so that will be until Saturday morning 9-ish.

I wasn’t really feeling it this morning when I got up, but a couple of cups of coffee and a light workout seems to have me squared away and ready to go. I have some nice new teas to take to work with me, and fed well yesterday.

(Jane Srygley) #9

That looks like a Jason Fung week to me… Are you following him?

(Jane Srygley) #10

Glad to see this thread thank you! I just completed a 28-hour fast, my longest in over a month. I like my Zero app. They just added a new journaling feature that even tracks your emotions throughout the fast. I like touching base and have reminders set to check in about every 3 hours. This app works with or without data, too, which I like.

I’ve been on a roller coaster with fasting. I got into it big time but then it’s like I just got so emotionally upset by denying myself food… So I took a break. I have always wanted to write a book about my weight loss journey WHEN I achieve my goal. I’m about 50 years into working on it but SOMEDAY…!!! And when I do, I now think it will focus on emotional eating. I really think that’s what’s gotten in my way more than anything else all these years. I’ve found things that worked. I was on Adkins when I was 13 years old! I found another method that seemed to work later and then I was in OA for awhile and lost weight… Anyhow. I’ve been significantly under my top weight of about 314 lbs for awhile now, currently about 211 lbs. 5’3" female. Hopefully I can work through my emotional issues with food this time and reach my goal. I have come to believe that fasting is an essential tool for me. I started back slowly, just OMAD on Sundays for a couple of weeks, then my 28 hours yesterday into this morning. I’ll keep you kids posted :heart:

I’m in for November. I do essentially what Susan posted. On the eat day I might just do OMAD, but I try to mix it up. Saturday and Sunday often include social eating, but try to shut off the food around 5pm.

(Jane) #12

I’ll be in Fort Worth next week by myself so I’ll be joining you Tue-Thu fasting.

My weight has crept up a bit to my :scream: weight of 150.2 so I need a bit of a reset. Plus I enjoy fasting. And Thanksgiving for the USA is coming up in a couple of weeks so I need some cushion.

My dear friends from Houston who are also keto will be driving up to spend it with us so will be (mostly) keto with a couple of indulgences thrown in. Just because.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #13

Starting what I hope is a 70hr fast. I need some autophagy for loose skin. My exercise will be easy for Mon and Tues for muscle recovery reasons. I’m going to try to fast 2 times in November and 2 times in December.

(Susan) #14

Thank you @BeStill and @Digital_Dave =).

@AuntJane I think it is from IDM (so that would be yes!)–@Ilana_Rose gave it to me.

I really admire and respect Dr. Jason Fung and have watched a few of his videos so I am hoping that this will be working for me =). I have also been off dairy since the middle of October until November 30 (except for butter.

(Susan) #15

Welcome to the forum, Patobrocks =). Best wishes on your Keto journey.

@JohnH @Digital_Dave

@AuntJane @Janie and @daddyoh (and all other people that are fasting this month!!):

I wish you all the best with your fasting goals as well!

May the Keto force of health be with us all!!

Yep, thinking to do similar myself. Only working Monday and Tuesday this week, then off for a week to get some hunting in for the Rut. But a nice Fast should work well. :slight_smile: … Happy Fasting Folks :+1:

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

Just fell into a OMAD group of fastings. It has been freakin’ cold and snowy. I was happy to skip meals and just read a good fantasy novel series instead. Going to be warmer for a few days, but I think I’ll just roll with the OMADs til I don’t feel like doing that anymore.

KCFO.

Hey fasters!

I’m fasting for the same reasons @daddyoh. Gotta fire up some autophagy so I’m going to shoot for at least 72 hours. I’ll eat a big breakfast or lunch feast on Tuesday and fast until dinner on Friday. I did a 5-day fast last month so hopefully this shorter one will be easy.

(Jane Srygley) #19

I heard from one of the fasting/keto gurus (Dr. Mindy I think) that 17 hours is when autophagy kicks in. That was encouraging for me as getting through 24 hours or more has been a real struggle. Did you hear somewhere that extended fasts of 48-72 hours or more are needed?

(Bob M) #20

You’ll hear all kinds of values, including ways to determine whether you are in autophagy or not. No one knows when it kicks in, and no one knows what kicks you out.