October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(MelissaH) #161

I can relate to this for sure! Hence the beers last night! Sick and sick kids make fasting hard

(Ellen) #162

Brain obviously not on board with fast, keep looking in fridge & cupboard then realising don’t actually want to eat, hey ho KCFO.

(Virginia ) #163

Hmmm, what could that be? Oh, you are referring to me…hahaha. Love you.

P.S. When are you going to eat?

[spoiler]Smart-ass[/spoiler]… And I don’t know! :smile:

(back and doublin' down) #165

WhooHooo…made it past 24 hours! Had zero problems today, and about to have a cup of tea to wind down and think about bed. Shooting for something between 48 & 72!

I am starting my fast tonight. [spoiler]
I was craving veggies so I made a stir fry that was probably a little carby [/spoiler]. I am aiming for at least 48.

(Running from stupidity) #167

I’m 20 hours in (so really only IF ATM) but much calmer after buying a load of meat and having the in-laws out of the apartment for the next couple of days (not so happy about my wife being away with them as well, but overall it’s a great tradeoff).

I really don’t cope well with changes to routine, and having my space disrupted/invaded, and with random noise. All of which happen in spades when my MIL is around.

Was really hungry earlier, but that was probably because I was bagging and freezing the meat from the market and the pulled brisket from the other night, so I’m just pushing through :slight_smile:

72 hours in, all good, no hunger. My wife and daughter wanted to [spoiler]eat burgers[/spoiler] tonight (in a “we need it now” way and not wait for something to be cooked) so I drove us to a local [spoiler]burger [/spoiler]joint which we’d never been to before. It’s actually very keto friendly, they do [spoiler]lettuce wraps[/spoiler] and can add [spoiler]avocado and bacon.[/spoiler] Despite them both ordering some nice-looking meals I wasn’t hungry at all, didn’t want to break, and ended up drinking a soda water and just talking with them.

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #169

Checking in. At 72 hours now. Went to bed waaayyyy earlier than usual last night. I felt soooo exhausted. But hadn’t really done much of anything. Got ALMOST 8 hrs in! Which hasn’t happened in YEARS without being medicated. Had so much energy today that I used both my slow cookers for 2 items AND my oven for 3 more items!! All the while writing down recipes. Havent wanted to watch tv in days…which is very unusual for me. Gonna pray & go to bed now. Good nite all

(8a37b36176e47902a5a1) #170

Thank u soooo much. Now I REALLY can’t wait to break my fast!! Those look like their gonna be da bomb!! (pun very much intended) :):smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #171

stoped at 90h… next time I EF i’ll sure crack the 100 mark.

My stomach noises were too annoying…
Plus i don’t want to break my fast tonight if I don’t know if I’ll be out or not …

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #172

Well, yes they always are, I agree… but i always feel that when I have too much energy and get restless I can just handle it less… like their slow brains seem even slower and i just go aaaargghhhh :exploding_head::weary::confounded:

(Allie) #173

I got to 36 hours then had fatty coffee and have counted that as breaking my fast. I trained legs at 540am (starting) then went straight out to walk my dog for two miles, and when I got back home my body was screaming for something so I had the coffee with added lite salt and will now eat normally again today, then back on it tomorrow.

(Running from stupidity) #174

Pulling the pin at 24 hours because feeling totally crap, so trying to be sensible and not push it.

(Allie) #175

Wise move for sure.

About 84 hrs. for me, and still feeling great. … Heading off to work now, but not planning to eat today either. So unless something changes, I will probably just go to Friday or Saturday. :slight_smile:

(Jennifer) #177

Hour 37 here. I’ve crossed the halfway point! 35 hours to go. My body feels tired, but my brain is very much awake. Also, I had dreams about food last night and woke up feeling guilty. LOL. I love reading this thread. You all are awesome and keep me going. :blush:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #178

when you break your fast, you want to feast, and after a little something your body is lust like “meh… stay away with that food, I don’t want any”
Mind you i had a tiny something this morning, [spoiler]a bit HWC in my coffe, some macadamias, two summer sausgages for lunch,[/spoiler]
i feel like my body wants to stay away from food for at least another 24h… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

You can always add some additional Salt. Just a little under the tongue seems to help with this from what I’ve read. … I occasionally do this myself, so maybe this is why I haven’t had the fatigue thing while fasting? Hope it helps some.

(Running from stupidity) #180

Usually, yeah. Tonight after dinner (breakfast?), smashed down about 50g of blackberries (plus cream) and am actively resisting having more :slight_smile: