October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Allie) #141

This is just the thought I had when I read the post @juice made first thing this morning, but I had just crawled out of bed and couldn’t find the words

(Central Florida Bob ) #142

They say the secret to riding a century on your bike (100 miles) is “just keep pedaling”. Same thing with getting to 64 from 54. Just keep pedaling - metaphorically.

I can completely relate! 59 hours in currently and similar to my last EF – no signs of hunger, no headaches or any other complaints. I have no desire to eat any time soon. However there is the dumb voice :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: in my head that keeps asking the same questions as the humming in your ears. I am genuinely not hungry, yet this odd itch is here and won’t go away. I just KCDC (Keep Calm and Drink Coffee). :coffee:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #144

76h riding my second fasting high… Anyone else get impatient with anyone around you?

(Ellen) #145

Yep, but I think that’s more the fact he’s an being utter [spoiler]twatting wanker[/spoiler] that really does deserve a slap rather than anything to do with me fasting.

(Jennifer) #146

17 hours in, 55 to go. Stomach is growling… but that could be because it’s lunch time here at work and everywhere smells like food. Lol.

(Blessed with butter ) #147

salt under your tongue you can do this!!!

(Blessed with butter ) #148

23/1 is this a good fast. If I only eat once a day?

(Allie) #149

Currently at 22 hours and all is well. Maybe I’ll just stick with these shorter fasts for a while as so far they seem to suit me… though it’s early days still.

Same here, Gaff. - I’m coming up on 67 hrs myself and still feeling just fine, with no issues. … But I do consider myself lucky, because I actually can’t recall ever not feeling good while fasting? At least not that I can remember?

Actually, I can honestly say that each Fast that I’ve broken, has always been by choice and not hunger or any other issue. And I’ve always felt I could easily have continued on. (But, full disclosure, I do miss eating a meal with some good food after so many days) Guess I’m saying “I miss it more than crave it”, if that makes sense?

Yep. It feels more like turning on a great TV show. You don’t need TV and certainly aren’t going to have any problems if you don’t watch it. But it makes you feel good and you’ll enjoy yourself!

Makes sense, and a nice analogy as well. … Well, back to the show! :smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #153

78h feeling good but a little peckish good thing I Will be busy tonight with karaoke…

If it doesn’t get better I will try and break at 100h tomorrow evening

I’m sitting at the 60 hour mark. This is longer than I usually go nowadays…mostly tapping out around 48. And I “cheat” with [spoiler]Cream[/spoiler] in my coffee.

I’m getting too lean to go much past 48, I guess…without some supplementing with fats. I did 11 days on water only in April 2017. It was easy too, except for the re-feed. I suck at re-feeding.

I wish I knew what to do about Protein Timing in relationship to my workout this evening. I’m thinking of working out fasted, and making something to eat RIGHT before bed.

I’m no exercise expert. I do a weekly Body By Science workout, and like it. But not much gain of strength can be documented so far. As of October 1st, I’ve been one year with this protocol.

(back and doublin' down) #155

twice now I’ve read “car bombs” :laughing:

(back and doublin' down) #156

British cursing makes me laugh!

(Ellen) #157

Glad it made you chuckle :wink:

(Ellen) #158

Just over 24hrs now, feeling good, love how I can now truly listen to my body and either eat or fast.

(Jennifer) #159

Oh my goodness, the salt recommendation works so well! I had been putting it in my water, but putting it under the tongue seems so much more effective. Hunger gone… hour 20. :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #160

I just woke up, and am about to go buy meat, then bring it home to package and freeze it. Seems like a great time to start a rage-fast :slight_smile:

Good, my ideas are catching on! No chance of it being too subtle to miss :slight_smile: