October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(back and doublin' down) #181

this always scares me at breaking my fast, the sudden GOTTA HAVE…ugh. I’m at 36 hours and want to at least get to 48. If my work schedule allows for yoga tonight, I can make it to 72 and maybe beyond. Also, Sleep Cycle told me I had the best night of sleep all week…I always record deeper sleeps when fasting.

(Jennifer) #182

Anyone ever feel nauseous when fasting? I took my multivitamin this morning and about 20 minutes later I got really nauseous.

(Allie) #183

See this is something different for me this week… previously when I’ve broken fasts I’ve been ravenous and easily ate [spoiler]500g pork belly [/spoiler] and [spoiler]eight chicken wings with loads of mayo[/spoiler], but the way I’ve been doing it this week, I’ve been feeling a bit bloated just with a fatty coffee and am eating very little afterwards - this evening I will be eating though.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #184

I usually get quite ravenous too… but not today… which is weird… I wont have dinner, lets see if i get hungrier tomorrow to get in a big breakfast and lunch… trying to not eat in the evenings as well.

(back and doublin' down) #185

yep. So I either skip the vitamin on fasting days or take it when I have some HWC in coffee or when I have bone broth.

So i woke up with a headache this morning. I think it may be allergies as I slept with the window open last night (its just starting to cool off at night here in Arizona). I will see how today goes. I’ve barely begun but I am not going to push it the head does not feel better.

(Allie) #187

Headaches are often resolved by salt.

Yep…I have a jar of pink crystals at my desk. They are my new candy :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #189

Bounced up today, good thing I had decided last night to do at least a 36 hr. fast. I’ve been doing throat lozenges and some sinus meds, and I think they are the reason for the bounce up. Hopefully I will get back where I belong with the 36 hrs. If not, I might go for 48 or 60 if needed.

Luckily I have some fresh bone broth in the fridge. It is bloody freezing here, snowing off and on, I tend to still want carbs on these kinds of days, if I get that way, I’ll do some broth along with my coffee.

(Allie) #190

I have Celtic grey in my drawer at work, and lite salt too :joy:

Wow…snowing already?!? We are still in the 80’s here. There is nothing better than warm fluids when its cold out…takes the chill out of the bones :smiley:

I tapped out at 65 hours instead of 72 as I had planned.

It went about as well as any EF I’ve done though. I just added about 50 grams of [spoiler]Cream[/spoiler] in my coffee each day.

I have come to accept fasting as a regular part of my life now. It used to take a Herculean Effort to begin an EF, but having done HUNDREDS of IF’s over the last few years, I no longer dread longer ones. (That and being Fat Adapted helps IMMENSELY.)

And that’s a good thing.

Jason Fung and Co should change their Clinic name to The Fat Whisperer :grimacing:

Fasting and losing fat PERMANENTLY is such an important tool for general health.

(Carpe salata!) #193

YES. I love finding and developing new tools for the journey.

I like to break on the weekends. It’s so luxurious to fiddle around preparing something to eat that you’ve been thinking about for days and probably bought some special things for.

I called it last night. That was 4 days / 90 something hours. We were going out for the next day and I didn’t want to break with some unknown food I like to be home with complete control. That was my 4th EF and no major dramas.

[spoiler]I broke with a few celery sticks and some chilli dip ( the only low carb one I could find) then an avocado then a mince with mushroom tomato onion and broccoli. Didn’t feel that madly hungry after that :slight_smile:[/spoiler]

I did a 5-day 2 weeks ago. Might give it another month before the next one, I think this one may have been a smidgen too soon. Scales read same at the end of this one as the end of the last one … Maybe 1kg less. But I’m enjoying the health benefits!

“Normal” is just a setting on your dryer.

(Running from stupidity) #196

Yup

(Jennifer) #197

Sorry. Obviously my question was dumb. My bad. I’m new to this and was just looking for support. Thanks.

@skepticalgiraffe I thought your question was just fine! I was just trying to be funny. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

So I just wanted to share that I am super excited I made it through the lunch hour without any of my coworkers asking me why i am not eating today!!! On a side note I am only 19 hours in and feeling awesome. I love San Pellegrino for lunch :slight_smile:

Well, I too decided to go ahead and break my fast tonight, which will be at 97 hrs. (approx. 30 minutes from now) Not really hungry at all and feeling pretty great. But would simply rather break tonight, since I have a another long day tomorrow, plus grocery shopping right after work to pick up some supplies for a [spoiler]Cheesecake[/spoiler] Order I have to fill for next week. … But with me stopping tonight, I may just pick back up after the weekend, and roll another Fast next week? If not, I will probably do the week following.

Hope everyone is still Fasting along with no issue! :slight_smile:

I had to eat. I had a headache all day despite eating salt to the point of feeling dehydrated. 24 hours is ok. I’ll try again next week.