October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Since I fasting last week and the week before, I decided to eat the rest of the week and maybe start another Sunday night. Plus, as I’ve mentioned, I rather fast during the weekdays. … Happy fasting everyone! :slight_smile:

Hey, just thought about it, but why isn’t there a fasting icon? :thinking: Or a Happy Fasting one? :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #22

:thinking: something along those lines? :joy:

Haha… That would work. :smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #24

I am open for suggestions, I would happily volunteer to design something… :smile:

(What The Fast?!) #25

I ended my fast at 42 hours, ate lunch and dinner, started another!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #26

Yes sister! :sunglasses:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #27

How about sitting down with loved ones with a good tea? I find when I crave more company than food that actually does the trick…

If not possible KCKO until KCFO is possible again, no big deal… :hugs::hugs::hugs:

(back and doublin' down) #28

My last fast, this was definitely a Me2. Was home, and other than watching over a pot of bone broth, I drank tea/coffee and lived on the couch. Netflix, crochet, naps. Could it be that you are simply listening to your body and it needs to slow down/relax for part of the fast?

Liz, caregiving is extremely stressful! Sounds like enjoying that meal time connection is an opportunity to relax which means dropping cortisol and maybe as beneficial as stressing over fasting? Get your SelfCare in wherever possible!

Our own IF/EF Chat logo! Love that idea, have fun with it. Creativity is good for the soul!

IFs til Saturday morning. Then I’m starting a water fast. I have a two day course in Pharmacology and won’t have control over food options, so just won’t eat. My plan is to pack a variety of waters. Planning at least 72 hours, maybe longer…? This will be my first true water fast so spending a few days wrapping my head around it.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #29

I am super tired since noon and failed at fasting today… those 3 small potatoes that came with my dish at the restaurant were not okay :sweat_smile:… learned my lesson yet again. will have a nice keto meal when I get home tonight and try and get back to fasting tomorrow… if anything I’ll just start over next week and keep on IFing…

(KCKO, KCFO) #30

Liz, you do have a lot of stressors working against you. Maybe just IF with a shorter eating window (18:6 or 20:4) instead of full on fasting would work better for you right now?

(Allie) #31

I’m thinking of fasting tomorrow… just been doing IF for weeks, but I’m tempted to try going longer again… probably won’t as it’s cold now and I hate that cold feeling I get when fasting.

(Running from stupidity) #32

Man, I got that as well - FREEZING hands and feet. That was super-annoying.

Unrelated to the above (just keeping it to one post in this thread) - I use a breathalyser to check breath ketones (shock!) and since my EF last week I’ve not blown under 100, when I used to invariably blow 80-90s. Not that I care about the number (it’s irrelevant, and it’s a $10 POS meter) to check even daily, but it’s interesting. Possibly because I’m a data nerd.

I’ve heard others mention this before too, but I can only recall one time where my hands and feet seemed to be colder than normal, or simply got cold. But I wasn’t sure if I was just coming down with something? … It was only strange, since I usually feel like I run hot, and cold weather doesn’t bother me? Dunno if this was the same? :thinking:

(KCKO, KCFO) #34

Love the pic.

I get cold hands and feet if I haven’t feasted up properly before fasting. Maybe you should really feast before trying to do a fast?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #35

I get the same no matter how long or hard I feast.
I could eat a block of butter beforehand and would still get cold on day two…
I think some people are just more prone to have that than others… I tend to have low blood pressure. When I fast it drops even more…

(Allie) #36

I’ve tried feasting more before fasting but it makes no difference, I just get cold no matter what I do. It was great throughout the heatwave but not now…

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #37

I’m on day 6 of my 7 day fast. Black coffee, electrolytes and water, seltzer and ACV. The first 2 days I also had 2C bone broth. My plan is to finish off by having bone broth on the last 2 days. I’ve been recording my experience in the Accountability section under “Consistency is Key”.

Happy Fastober! :jack_o_lantern:

(Mark Rhodes) #38

Hour 91. Feeling pretty good. As usual I really begin to miss eating. Coworker brought in plain wings and left them out. I know he made them plain for the 2 of us ketoers but one of us is fasting :zipper_mouth_face:

Here are my updated numbers
Date Time BG mmol βHB BRace GKI Brace GKI GKI DUO HR fasted

3:00 PM 5.1 2.2 51.4 2.32 1.79 3.21 51:00:00
8:00 PM 4.5 3.3 1.36 #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 56:00:00
10/2/2018 AVERAGE 4.88 2.52 46.65 1.94 1.88 2.88 DAY 2
10/3/2018 7:00 AM 3.8 2.8 69.4 1.36 0.99 1.85 67:00:00
9:30 AM 4.8 3.9 84.4 1.23 1.02 1.74 69:30:00
12:00 PM 4.4 3.8 63.7 1.16 1.24 1.78 72:00:00
3:00 PM 4.2 5.8 57 0.72 1.33 1.39 75:00:00
8:30 PM 4.6 3.2 1.44 #DIV/0! #DIV/0! 80:30:00
10/3/2018 Average 4.36 3.9 68.625 1.12 1.14 1.69 DAY 3
10/4/2018 7:00 AM 3.9 4 65.2 0.98 1.08 1.51 91:00:00

I might give in after tonight’s workout. That would give me triple digit hours. Or if I push through I will make 120.
either way it is a win this time around.

(Mark Rhodes) #39

:zipper_mouth_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #40

Zipped mouth, that is a good idea.
I had thought about the other standard icon
:no_mouth:
:speak_no_evil:

I do like the idea of a zipped mouth, because it shows it is a choice you can unzip yourself whenever you like…