October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #262

So, I am following Megan’s fat fast rules till I do the Zornfast, Sometimes life just gets to you and you have to change your plans.

(back and doublin' down) #263

I’m so there. Same weight again today. Two weeks isn’t exactly a stall, but sheesh I want to see the scale move. Have been fasting as much as eating and wondering if I need to just eat really clean for awhile. 7 months in, one would think I had my body figured out.

(Running from stupidity) #264

Or eat more, maybe?

(Liz ) #265

36 hours into a 45 hour fast. Going well except the power blinked at 4 AM & woke me up, and that was it for sleeping. Hoping caffeine and that occasional faster’s high will propel me through the day.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #266

I ended my fast this morning at 42h.
I don’t have the time to handle the gut distress that comes with longer fasting.
So I had 2 nice fatty meals and going back to another 36 to 42h fast…

I’ll attempt longer fasts again when this feasting weekend is over XD

(Allie) #267

Has anyone tried 2MAD at 12 hour intervals? I might try it next week when I’m off work. Meal at 7am and another at 7pm.

(back and doublin' down) #268

These two thoughts combined might be an answer. Would change things up for sure. And, easy to do with the busy work schedule the next few days. My digestion, particularly my stomach, works extremely slow. (I’m blaming it on two decades of proton pump inhibitors).
@juice Mic, I’m pretty sure I’ve been unintentionally restricting calories. Starting today, I’m back to tracking
@Shortstuff Would 2MAD at this interval be considering any sort of IF? Regardless, it might give my body steady fuel w hile giving it time to digest and absorb what I do eat.

Even though I’m not terribly hungry, it’s almost 7am and I can jump on this bandwagaon and test it for a week.(or at least a few days, depending on my attention span)

Well, I had planned to start fasting this week after Tonight’s dinner, but decided to just go ahead and start from last night’s. So I’m presently coming up on 19 hrs., and hope to run through the rest of the week.

@Paendora - I was just thinking this very same thing last night. - So If I fast till, say, Saturday. That would put me around 120 hrs., and If I’m correct, (Can’t verify from work right now) but I already fasted last week for 97 hrs., and the week before 86? … So that would put me somewhere around 303 hrs. for October so far? :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #270

Oh man, do I know that one :slight_smile:

I find if I get the bacon out of the freezer the night before that I will usually make breakfast and thus eat, as opposed to just sitting on the PC…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #271

yesterday evening I got soooo upset. (well it was all day really)
Someone close to me decided to be a total [spoiler]dick[/spoiler] and not show up to my 30th birthday this sat. and it was not even about the not showing but the way they just bluntly slaped me in the face with “not coming, sorry”

Point of the story beeing… Any other time in my life I would have cried and stuffed my face, eighter with junk or later with keto foods…

Fasting helpt me be clearheaded enough to talk this trough, not get over emotional set my boundaries and get my point accross…

I then proceeded to clean up and organize things to get rid of the leftover emotions…
I call that a massive NSV…

I just passed the 20h mark… feeling good. slight stomach rumbling… would be awesome to make it to 40h again.

(Allie) #272

Excellent NSV Claudia :heart:

Happy Belated BD, Claudia. - Mine was a just a little over a week ago, on the 5th. :slight_smile:

Just about 39 hrs. in for me, and all’s well. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #274

Thanks! Same to you
Mine was actually August 21 :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
but everyone is on vacation around that date, so…

But yeah I am looking forward to this sat, gathering all my friends from all over the place…
24h feeling fine… tiny bit heavy head just now…

(back and doublin' down) #275

@Hardrock_keto_chick Their loss, Claudia. You wouldn’t want that negative energy in your birthday gathering anyway! Happy Belated, and wishing you an outstanding fast and then feasting with your friends.

@Digital_Dave Happy Belated to you too!

I’m on breakfast #2. This feels so weird eating first thing in the day. Visited with my PCP about my slow digestion. She suggested more consistent with probiotics and was happy I was taking a break from the fasting. I’m tracking my food and will continue with the 2MAD 12 hr intervals, at least until I weigh and measure on Monday.

(Allie) #276

I’ll be interested to hear your progress Susan as I plan to try this myself next week :blush:

I am already 60 hours into my planned Fast 48 (also serving as this month’s Zornfast) and even better news than easily overshooting my goal, is that…THIS time… I got by juuuuuust fine withOUT adding any fats!

That is a FIRST for me, since early this year, and I’m pretty excited about it. I’ve no idea whether my body is RE-adapting to water only types of fasting or something else entirely. I’m an experienced faster, having done my first 5 days on water only during my college years, well over 4 decades ago. I’ve done many many extended fasts since, but only since hitting my goal range of under 185 have I hit difficulties. Some FAT has helped (maybe a couple hunnert calories per day) but I’d rather not have to resort to it.

So this has been easily my best fast in 6 months, maybe more.

ZERO wobbles, Mental Clarity, Moderately Increased Energy, Ridiculous Optimism.

I’m under 170 now (started @ 333) and people all around me are starting to try KETO/Low Carb having seen what KETO + IF + EF has done for This Phormer Phatso’s Body.

(Central Florida Bob ) #278

Really off the discussions going on, but what subcategory is this in?

I go back to Fasting all the time, and it’s not there. The only way I get updates is when I get the “new message” purple circle.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #279

Sorry I accidentally trew it into keto chat, just changed it, thanks for the tip…

(Central Florida Bob ) #280

Ah! Thanks!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #281

NSV: i fit my size 44 jeans again (I was a size 48 2/3 months ago)

Last time I fit those jeans I weighted 93kg… now I weight 97kg. 4 extra kg = ca. 8 pounds

Weight isn’t everything people (shout out to the ladies especially) :kissing_heart::kissing_heart: