October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Running from stupidity) #242

Oh, there’s upsides :slight_smile:

I wish I could claim to have planned it, but nope. Necessity is the mother of invention, or somesuch…

It’s the only real downside of the sous vide, and even this could have been worked around. If you’re cooking something for 12 or so hours, it kinda locks you into the schedule, and when you screw it up, you screw it up. I COULD have pulled it from the sous vide and shocked it in an icebath, put it in the fridge, then brought it up to temp when I was ready to eat it, but frankly that seemed like way too much work so I didn’t do it. (Also, pretty sure we don’t have much ice around anyway, but that would have involved checking.)

[spoiler]So, steak for breakfast it will be :-)[/spoiler]

(Blessed with butter ) #243

Great job I would like to do 100 hours some time too🙂

You can do it!

(back and doublin' down) #245

Do believe that’s the underlying meaning of KCKO! Life happens. You’ve got this!

A good Texas cowboy knows to have steak and eggs to start the day. It’s on menus everywhere! I may have to consider this now for my next feast day :slight_smile:

Hugs and more hugs. Boundaries (I like to think of them as fences rather than walls) can be a [spoiler]bitch[/spoiler]. You take care of you.

epitome of lazy keto :rofl:

Had a great 66 hour fast that ended at lunchtime yesterday. Declaring today a feast event, might even eat three times! Have some hefty yard work to do before expected snow tomorrow. Planning to fast tomorrow, do some inside work, file my taxes. This random fast/feast cycle feels positive, scale on Monday will let me know how it’s working as will measurements.

(Carpe salata!) #246

Hi @Paendora the random feast/fast cycles are supposed to be good. It keeps the metabolism guessing.

(back and doublin' down) #247

I hope so! So much healing and repair in that area due to years of being a yo-yo. Screwing up my metabolism further has been a constant thought for me over the past six months. Plus, I’m finding that by doing this random thing, the messages from my body are slowly getting easier to decipher. It’s dawning on me that boredom has been misinterpreted as hunger maybe my whole life!

(Carpe salata!) #248

I found that fasting helps to re-set a lot of signal interpretation . I had interpreted a lot of things as hunger … boredom as you said, a headache, wanting to pee, needing a drink of water, frustration of having to do something complicated at work, of course the old sugar crash…

(Running from stupidity) #249

Ain’t just you! Combine that with your body yelling for easy fuel in glucose, and it’s a ripper.

Did my first EF yesterday (36 hr) …felt I ate like a pig today. I think I could’ve kept going with fast, but broke it,(starting again tomorrow) and when I did, I did not want to stop eating. I think my macros are off or I’m not drinking enough water. Also, how do you blur out words on mobile? But I definitely ate more than i wanted to.

(Carpe salata!) #251

I was contemplating that conundrum today. If I eat when I’m not that hungry, that makes me hungry. I think drinking some water then waiting 15mins might allow the right signaling to operate. What do you think?

(back and doublin' down) #252

Do this myself often! Yesterday’s feasting left me queasy. I’m 13 hours into target of 40 or so. And thinking about the Zorn fast this month as well.

@Kaja11 I’ve had some ravenous refeeds too. Did you stick with keto foods? Could be you did well for your BMR by not shying away from fuel for the body. There’s so much experimentation and we are all n=1s! Will look forward to how you think about the refeed a few days down the road.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #253

new week, new fast… 20h. so far, i did slip a tiny bitt on sat wit a few [spoiler]Nacho chips and a half a piece of gf cake[/spoiler] at my friends housewarming.

I feel my lymph nodes behind my right ear complaining as they always do when I have crappy oils. I am glad to get that stuff out of my system again…
planing on 2 48 or 72 h fasts, I am so busy this would actually make my life easier…

(Carpe salata!) #254

It’s great to have little signaling responses like that. If you recognize them they can be a great guide.

Everyone is different. Mine is headaches and hip-pain.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #255

absolutely… took me years to figure out… You know how often I went to the dentist thinking it is my wisdom tooth or to the GE thinking it was an ear infection? XD

But now I am so grateful for it…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #256

25h starting to get superfast, my first fasting high coming on… i really would love to ride that wave all week…

(MelissaH) #257

12 hours in, hoping for at least 48 this time around… not sick this time so hopefully I’ll experience some of the greatness!

(back and doublin' down) #258

Didn’t make it yesterday. Finished filing my taxes and “needed” comfort. ugh. But, what’s done is done. Weekly weigh in this morning and heading into the Zorn fast this month. After seven months of documenting, I sleep better when I fast. Will need my sleep for later this week, yet another motivator.

(KCKO, KCFO) #259

Til Wed. eating normal keto but adding a bit more fats for Wed. when I will start fasting after dinner for the monthly Zornfast. Hoping I can make it til Sunday without a break or needed anything besides coffee/hwc and salt. I do have fresh [spoiler]bone broth[/spoiler] in reserve if needed.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #260

32h stomach grumbling. I don’t want to give in just yet…

Will be fasting again, after Tuesday night’s dinner. Just plan to run the week out, until Saturday morning. So maybe a 90 hr.?