October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Allie) #222

Now you’ve got me wondering what you were actually doing… :open_mouth::joy:

(Carpe salata!) #223

It was a while ago, but as I rewind the memory, I was making breakfast before heading off to work - I did get dressed … I’ll have to get the order of those details in better order though!

DW has an early start. Further questions will be taken on notice :laughing:

( Trying to be entertaining because I realise you have a [spoiler]shit[/spoiler] day ahead of you. Good luck, really.)

(Allie) #224

Thanks @Peter
I see on the dog cam that he’s gone up to bed now so hopefully will be sleeping when I get home then I’ll deal with it tomorrow

Sure, but… [spoiler]steaks[/spoiler] for breakfast? Who could feel bad about that? :drooling_face::fork_and_knife:

(Carpe salata!) #226

I thought that too. The amount of bacon I eat for breakfast is already embarrassing - but steak?

Excuse me while I get a nice steak out of the freezer so its ready in the morning. I fasted last week so I need to refeed. You have great ideas Juice :wink:

(Laura) #227

Congrats on quitting the nicotine (so difficult)!!! you can do this!!! :smiley:

(MelissaH) #228

@Shortstuff oh gosh… good luck with that!!!

(Laura) #229

Hey Jezza (and others), what electrolytes do you recommend/like? I need to add some. Thanks!

(Carpe salata!) #230

I use sea salt. Sea salt is actually 13% magnesium and the rest mostly sodium. There is also a lot of chloride in there too. Some people like iodised table salt for the speck of iodine in it.

Himalayan pink salt is an ancient salt dug up from the ground. It has had a mineral infusion of other goodies over the millennia and is considered ‘the best’ by many. I suggest try a few and see what you like the taste of.

(Allie) #231

I take a salt capsule each morning, mix of Himalayan and Celtic sea salt, add lite salt to my coffees, and Dead Sea salt to my baths.

Obviously add salt to food too.

(Laura) #232

Thank you!!!
I’m probably over complicating it. I have been adding salt to my morning tea, looks weird to my coworkers but it helps :joy:

Ha!

I actually stole that line, “Normal is just a setting on your dryer”…from a radio speaker sometime long ago. (Might have been a Christian speaker? Can’t remember.)

But I use it sometimes, because I’m soooo NOT normal! And It kinda backfired this time. :neutral_face:

(Allie) #234

I get weird looks adding salt or lite salt to my coffees at work… but they’re all used to me by now, in the “weird one” who never eats any of the sugary carbage they give out :joy:

(Allie) #235

I’ve said “normal is a setting on the washing machine” for about 25 years now, since I was a crazy teenager.

(Mark Rhodes) #236

I got sober in 1989 in Chicago Il. At the time going to AA meetings someone would say there is no such thing as normal except as a setting on the dryer…I sheepishly said What about Normal IL? Coffee was spit out of a couple mouths that evening.

(Jennifer) #237

I wasn’t replying to you actually, as shown in my post. I did think your comment was funny.

OH GOOD! I am not not normally confrontational on purpose. But occasionally, I wander off the reservation by accident. :grimacing:

(Allie) #239

Chilled evening for me thankfully as he’s sleeping it off as I expected he would. Don’t know what tomorrow will bring as I have to let him know this is not acceptable…

(Ellen) #240

Hope it goes well, addiction is a [spoiler]■■■■[/spoiler] no matter what the relationship.

(KCKO, KCFO) #241

Allie, I know how difficult this is for you. Dad and step dad both were the same. Keep yourself safe and there will be denials as well. Remember you deserve better, if he is unwilling to change. He won’t change until he decides it is needed, and that usually doesn’t happen early in the game.

Big cyber hugs sent your way.