October 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Running from stupidity) #202

Smart girl.

I’m gonna try for 36 hours next time (once the in-laws have gone and I’m settled again), just so it’s not open-ended. I know I can do 80+, but I think the shorter ones will be more beneficial for me currently.

My thoughts exactly. I can do the longer ones but I usually prefer a nice short fast :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #204

You mean a fast fast?

Fast fast :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Carpe salata!) #206

Good call. Listen to your body.

Broke this time at around 96 hours. I honestly could have gone much longer (was shooting for 144 hours) but came home tonight and my wife surprised us with [spoiler]a great dinner[/spoiler]. Nom nom nom.

(Allie) #208

Cold. I hate feeling cold.

(Mark Rhodes) #209

Or a town in central Illinois

(back and doublin' down) #210

At 60 hours and will break at 66. Breaking fast at work controls what food is available, controlling refeed worries and lunchtime on Friday is a social thing that’s good for my soul. Woke with a bit of a headache, but haven’t supplemented with salt. Have been very cold the past two days but can’t know for sure the cause…fasting? less body fat than last winter? acclimated to the climate now and feeling the cold? Yoga last night was draining, but also appetite suppressing. All in all a great way to wrap up the week.

Happy Fasting Friends!

(Running from stupidity) #211

Well, what a mess I’m making of this week!

In addition to the shortened fast from the other day, I’ve now messed up a planned 24-36 hour fast I was about to start by having breakfast too late (11am, because I went to the markets and was late home) which made lunch late, and thus dinner not eaten because I didn’t want more food at that point, and it was late. So it’s ANOTHER low calorie day.

Screw it. I’ll have the steaks I was going to have for dinner tonight for breakfast, and just trundle along from there with three meals. Same Sunday, then we’re away for four days with friends interstate, then home for a couple of days until the inlaws leave.

Reset at that point and plan for the next fast once my environment is back to normal.

Frustrating, but I totally should have realised that having the inlaws here was going to COMPLETELY screw with my head and mess things up. At times like this I wish I could scoop my brains out with a spoon for all the good it’s doing me.

Oh well. It’s not like I’m not eating keto, I’m just not getting in the fasting I want because of my stupid brain. It’s not the end of the world, just a blip.

(Allie) #212

You’re not messing up, you’re changing your plans based on what is needed at the time.

(Allie) #213

I was planning to make today another fast day but just broke at 19 hours as I was cold all morning, which I hate, then when I was able to get out and walk to warm up I caught the boyfriend who’s supposed to be stopping drinking alcohol (he’s an addict in therapy) drinking vodka on one of my home security cameras… so I decided today is not a good day to fast as I need to feel ok and have a clear head when I get home from work in three hours :grimacing:

(Carpe salata!) #214

Gosh I hope that all works out. A friend of mine, his wife took to hiding bottles of spirits at the local park to be able to drink in secret. Its a powerful demon.

(Carpe salata!) #215

Hang in there. They can soon go back to being outlaws again :smiley:

(Allie) #216

Thanks Peter. Tbh he normally does hide it, but seems to have forgotten that I have a camera to monitor my dog while I’m at work :slightly_frowning_face: I’ll deal with what I have to deal with when I get home in three hours.

(Carpe salata!) #217

One of my kids installed a dog camera to test out for DW when the dog was getting some treatment. I forgot about it and my wife was checking it at work and there was me wandering the house in my underwear. :blush:

(Ellen) #218

Hope all goes well Allie

(Allie) #219

:rofl: At least she knew you were there

(Allie) #220

Just edited my post as I don’t know where the housework comment came from, clearly I’m stressed and hallucinating :joy:

(Carpe salata!) #221

cough Yes that was it … housework. Wait, did she give you the logins? :laughing: