OctCarniFest :)

(Vic) #270

Dinner, grilled lamb, chicken, beef and fish

(Karen) #271

Love burnt crispy bits

(Karen) #272

He’s a beautiful isn’t he… but unfortunately not my doggo his daddy is the coach which xx

(Karen) #273

Me too … 1st November last year! Are we carnivore twins???

We are! :smiley:

I started the carnivore challenge (from being keto) on November 1st as well :steakcake::

I watched a really interesting video on this topic a few months ago. I found it fascinating!

@FrankoBear
seems SO long ago doesn’t it :slight_smile:
Cheryl and her challenge started all of this and darn I would love for her to check in but I guess that won’t go down.

for your medical, I am sorry you have no definitive spot on answer. Could truly be that jab ya took settling in your joints? Could be this or that or work stress or ?? Honestly those type of things just irk the heck out of me when I get ‘something’ I can’t place and can’t resolve very easily so I know ya feel ick about it all for ya.

I wouldn’t ‘go all plant natural and supplemental’ and I only say this cause most times they don’t work LOL but thing is, we don’t wanna live on Iburophen either and it might not even be a real inflammatory issue in a way…darn Dr didn’t send you in a good direction which is tough.

I think I would go strict strict carnivore and dump your cheese.
GO super basic in your food choices. Keep it super simple…and if you get any relief or changes then you can kinda use that as a base, but again, this whole darn thing might not even be based one bit on your food intake…something could be nailing ya the Doc didn’t hit on yet??

sorry about it all FB…I get it, just annoying as heck I am sure

@Carnivoor
nice meal pic…you got it all, even into fish LOL best it tasted fine!

-------------AND WE GOT CARNIVORE ANNIVERSARIES and that is super cool and congrats to everyone who tackle this tough plan and do so darn well and find truths in their food choices! Love it.

I have no idea. into about 5 years ago I went all in but I walked this very low carb/zc path for a bit before jumping around but I just ‘adopted’ Jan. as my year now LOL I can’t remember birthdays or holidays or dates mostly now cause I just don’t care, my darn Carni Anniv. means almost nothing either but I know I am near year 5 HA

Guys if it is OK I JUST love MEAT NOSHIN’ NOVEMBER

I just wanna nosh meat, I just caught that as a good name…so do we got it :slight_smile:

SO MY kid is a pain. Comes out around 9 saying she is hungry. I say no food, go find something and she is like come on feed me and I am like I have no food interest to cook or nothing at all and she is like come on!~ So I say go relax and let me think a bit…SO OFF I got to my smokehouse store down the road…got me a giant beef brisket. Kid at a ton of it and is happy. I ate a few big pieces but I wasn’t even hungry and hubby is eating his with eggs so now everyone is fed with alot of brisket leftover for me later.

Got steaks, shrimp, chicken and brisket. I will do easy thru food today

Errr, nosh definitely has an additional connotation in British slang these days. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I mean, if it works, we can go with it. But fair warning, I might laugh a little each time I open the thread.

omg!

nosh is a bad british slang thing

I thought that was shag :scream_cat: :clown_face:

we ain’t shaggin’ thru Nov are we with meat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sigh.
I so, so, so would eat fat for you :smiley: I so try to keep my fat as low as comfortably possible since a decade… And I still eat too much fat. But if I manage to stay very close to no-dairy minimal added fat carnivore OMAD most of the time, I may be okay on that front… :smiley: Well maybe it’s too good and I can relax ONE point at a time… Carefully…
I never ever eat too little fat (or protein). It’s something I am unable to do.

In the end, I never read back. I had some very stressful days. And I will be away for 3 days now. I packed some pork and eggs, maybe they will make even a mostly chicken thigh dinner satiating…? I will try! There is always chicken thighs, very very tasty and I can eat as many as I want but I still stop after 10 and I am very hungry at that point. But it seems fowl meat works when paired up with some substantial meat…? I just never tried such an OMAD meal.
I have circumstances and probably won’t do exactly carnivore until November except maybe tomorrow, I surely will do my best then, eating only chicken. The beef soup (the other usual huge dish at my aunt when I visit) isn’t carnivore but very tasty, I don’t think there will be a problem, I just shouldn’t add other extras.
I will use up some dairy in the last days of October but November will start super strict and I add back things if things get hard. Water, egg, meat only, that will be the start :wink: I even may try water and meat only first, I can survive such a day without temptations, right? :smiley: But the next day I want my precious eggs back! Eggs are awesome and I have a scrambled eggs phase, that’s very convenient, I just need some lard or more pork jowl… Sigh.

I haven’t the vaguest idea what nosh means, it’s unknown to me. Too tired to look it up now, maybe later. I need to pack…

(Linda ) #281

I started today off with 3 flanken ribs as the pack gets closer to the end they get skinnier lol…

2nd meal was 93/7 ground beef with sour cream and a tsp of salsa in egg white wrap(cooked in butter) I think I prob only ate half the lb but will prob eat more later.

I dont care,what name we roll with lol maybe combine your meat noshin with frankobear no vege november…and come out with "meat noshing no vege november "

Wow. The things one learns. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

darn it is long and crazy but I do like it…we can do combos of course with names…just like our surf and turf plates of our food…cool

@FrankoBear
sending best ZC vibes your way thru your issues ya got coming down on ya!!! It can be rough and I had some darn rough too! But we do get thru those days so hold on tight and always think what is best for you at all times, that helps if we put us first!

-------------today is leftover brisket, yum
got some NY Strips defrosting
got some chicken breast in there
got some taylor ham and bacon…ahhh, not bacon, ate a ton a bit ago and now I am bacon’d out…leave that for way later

So brisket for sure

and after…got options!

Still got wings on my mind. Will be finding me a giant mess of them and inhaling then when I can :slight_smile:

Made a ‘carby’ meatloaf for the family and usually I want ‘my egg/meat meatloaf’ but I am finding all of the sudden burger meat is a no go and not desirable…huh…another darn flip in my wants of my menu.

eh, just go with the flow thru it all, only way to handle carnivore in my eyes LOL

(Linda ) #284

I started today with 2 smaller flanken ribs but they were fattier so I added to that a sirloin steak and ate half of that.

Later I’ll eat the other half and maybe throw in some eggs to go with it.

Ive noticed I still can’t go to really lean even in one meal each time I try I end up eating 3 meals or adding in something like pork rinds…
So im going to play with it maybe it’s ok to go leaner on the type of meat and not worry about fat content.

just remember what you eat is showing you something :slight_smile: Your body is telling you

sometimes we can go leaner for a few days and do great, some days we eat 1 day leaner and GO RAV the next few so as long as we adapt and focus on what you need, you can’t go wrong :sunny:

You are changing and adapting and figuring it out but key being, never be hungry, that is a fat issue and when the body says I am hungry after that lean meal, next meal should be way more fatty. They balance each other as we gain time on this plan…and by time I mean way more months to go and years into it…we change alot. We heal so much more and I love how ya think Azi…you are finding your personal stride thru it! Super cool!

(Karen) #286

Triplets hahaha @FrankoBear is there a possibility you have fibromyalgia? My dance partner has it and it causes him a lot of distress at times and the pains in his chest and back and down his torso just come on all of a sudden and are crippling for him then they ease off and may not return for a number of days. I know fibromyalgia affects people in different ways. Just wondering?

Brunch was a 100%grassfed beef patties which was quite tasteless.

Dinner was beef salami …again nothing to right home about.

Snacked on cheese, maybe a bit too much cheese and that was mediocre too. Maybe just my taste buds. Trying to keep off salt and the pattie definitely needed salt for taste :unamused:

May have a cheese omelette shortly and perhaps gets some bacon out of the freezer… at least I will get some salt intake from that!

(Edith) #287

If the bacon is tasteless, you’ll know it’s the taste buds. :laughing::yum:

(Robin) #288

Even your symmetry is spot on!

@Karen18
sounds like you are recovering well and you are eating good too…but go get some darn good carnivore food ya really want :slight_smile: You indulge you while you rest up!!

------------------so I hit the leftover beef brisket but real fast my mouth said, wow on this rub, which was tasty the day before, but hit me as off on this meal. So I ate good bit of my brisket, dumped the rest and then fried up a NY Strip steak which was yummy.

and later I hit into some chicken breast I fried up cause I was hungry but not hungry and that leveled me off for the day.

Today I got a pk. of markdown thin cut pork chops. Price made me buy those, I don’t walk by a darn great markdown price ever, so will fry those up today.

second meal I got a NY Strip steak ready to go.

sardines might happen, kinda am getting that want of my little guys back so might pop open a tin.

Carnivore on Strong Everyone!!! We are close to a month change and wanna finish hardcore now and go into Nov. even more determined and hardcore to enjoy our lifestyle!!