OctCarniFest :)

(Linda ) #209

Have a safe trip hope you and your son have wonderful time.

(Vic) #210

So, most of the people that work in the hotel are from India. 14 persons of my current team are also from India and Pakistan.
This means I am totally surrounded by vegetairians.

By now I seem to be the talk of the day. Hiding my Carnivorous lifestyle didn’t work for long.

They totally love it and give me the best meat meals one could wish for.

Ofcourse, as always, I make shure everybody’s gets the food as per their culture and religion.

I switched to breakfast and dinner again, no more lunch for the moment.

(Linda ) #211

Today first meal I finished off yesterday’s steak plus cooked up some bacon couple extra than needed to share with the dogs…
2nd meal I think I’ll go-to the store and get more ground beef but I can’t do that til sometime after 1.pm
I weighed in this morning dropped back another pound of the gained weight making it 3lbs so far so thats an added bonus.

(Karen) #212

I reckon so long as you eat it all on the plane and if you have any leftovers just declare them honestly then if there is a problem they can just chuck them but you shouldn’t get fined because you de lard them honestly. I watch so many programmes about customs and this is usually the case. Where are you flying to?

(Karen) #213

Meals over last 2 days.

!
20211018_205233|374x500

Also yesterday I had a pub lunch of a mixed grill : 5oz rump steak, gammon steak, small 1/2 chicken fillet, 2 very small pork sausages and a fried egg.
Couldn’t get through all the plate of 3 fish.
Didn’t care much for the swordfish steaks, very bland and tasteless and the basa fillet was so so.

The crab was fresh as and really delicious.

Think that will be enough fish for this week lol. I do have the leftovers from the plate of 3 fish, there was trout (none left cos it was delish) mackerel and smoked kipper… both quite nice and I will try and finish those tomorrow cold.

The last pic was butter basted turkey.

@Karen18 The meals all look quite lean. Are you listening to your doctor about cholesterol? Glad the turkey was cooked with butter.

A while back you asked about my Mum’s skin cancer surgery where she had her nose pretty much cut off. Well, she is all healed up and the reconstructive surgeon did a really good job. At 79 years old, she doesn’t mind that the surgery resulted in a smoothing of all her wrinkles with the skin grafts and skin flaps. She looks decades younger. All Animal August---Triple A

I do like to eat a mix of seafood and red meat. Surf’n’Turf. I like the local seafood. There are some, unfortunate for them, some nice tasting wild caught species here. As well as occasionally I eat some farmed Atlantic salmon. But I find that the salmon will likely be dropped as it is intensively farmed and the feed is dubious (might be quite high in grains, or parts of heavily grain fed chickens). I don’t mind cold, cooked seafood, and I do really like raw seafood sashimi. Mrs. Bear does not like cold cooked seafood.

Broke fast with 4 pasture fed eggs scrambled, cooked in last night’s rib-eye fat, 120g mackerel mixed in. No cheese! I am out of cheese until the next shop. 2 x coffee with cream. Last night was rib-eye steak with pink salt and mineral water.

Woke up unwell again with a headache and some aches, so I did take some paracetamol and ibuprofen when I got up. Working at the computer now.

Blood glucose: 5.2mmol/L (94); blood ketones: 0.3mmol/L

Here is what I learnt about steak. The rib-eye has the Scotch fillet as it’s fillet. The Cattleman’s steak has the Porterhouse as the fillet. Where does the name “Porter House” originate?

Tonight I had a Cattleman’s steak with pink salt and sparkling rain water. There is a storm outside. It showed up this afternoon.

today is Tbone steak
then I have a good sized pack of country pork ribs to cook, gives me a good meal and also gives me stuff in fridge for another meal so I like that\

(Edith) #216

I did a massive amount of cooking on Sunday: 10 chicken thighs, 2 pounds of hamburgers, beef short ribs, and pork ribs. I will not have to cook anything most of the week. I LOVE leftovers!

(Edith) #217

Could you be oxalate dumping?

(Traci Simpson) #218

Hi Virginia - it’s Traci. I had to create a new account for some reason! Good to see you’re sticking with it.

(Edith) #219

Hi Traci! It’s funny that you just posted. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. Welcome back!

(Traci Simpson) #220

Thanks! good to hear from you!!! Funny how when we first met I was KETO and you were carnivore right? I went head first into carnivore after about 8 months or so on KETO.

(Linda ) #221

Welcome back.

Yesterday I cooked a bottom round roast for today i ended up eating a third meal
Todays food 1st meal was bottom round roast
2nd meal will be liver. And hopefully back to just the two meals

(Karen) #222

I am so happy to hear that your Mum is looking her younger self again but I guess none of us would want to go through all that just for younger looking skin. Always good to see the perks of something so traumatic though. I always like to look at the positives.
The fish was really just because I feel I should eat more and never really get round to eating it. Plus I bought so much and I don’t like to waste any so ate it all together lol. The mixed grill was nice and fatty and I ate a big sirloin today which had a good amount of fat on… thats by far the best bit! All the steaks I buy are fatty ones else I don’t buy them. Plus still eating a bit if cheese.

I wish your mum continued progress with her nose. Sounds like the surgeons were good and new whT they were doing xx

I didn’t have many headaches prior to last weeks stroke thr odd migraine here and there and sometimes a few in a row but ordinary are headaches… no. However I have found this week concentrating on anything is giving me groggy headaches. Nothing worse that waking up with a headache though. My friend /, dance partner was told that he could mix paracetamol with codeine and that seems to sort his pain out. You probably don’t need me to tell you to just read packets before taking as some have added paracetamol.

(Vic) #223

(Linda ) #224

So pleased to hear your not gone all fat free… Frankobear said out loud what I was thinking…

I’f It was me I might even consider going into higher ketosis to help heal the brain with ketones since your still having head aches …but im no dr and so I’m gonna sit quietly in my corner and keep wishing for a speedy recovery for you…:heart::heart:

Yes. It could be in the mix. It’s a severe, long lasting one, if it is. But I cleaned up my low carb carnivore based eating. So oxalate dumping can be a consequence. I’ll be aware of my salt and minerals in my intake. Oxalate dumps deplete that magnesium.

(Vic) #226

Feel like having some lunch today

keeping eating very simple

today is leftover pork ribs
and making a big ol’ mess of chicken wings and legs tonight to feed everyone, I will make a giant bunch cause I sure need alot of them to make me happy :sunny:

Carnivore on strong all…month is winding down

(Edith) #229

The worst dumping episode I had was after I was sick almost two years ago. I hadn’t been sick for years, but I think my body was stressed from a car accident I had been in, and it left me open to infection. The really nasty cold turned into a sinus infection and I took antibiotics. It was not long afterward that the terrible dumping began. My entire body felt like it had been pummeled with a sledge hammer. My kidneys hurt and I had terrible headaches. I was miserable. I introduced some tea and dark chocolate and sure enough the symptoms lessened.

You could test to see if it is oxalate dumping by eating some oxalate containing food. If you feel better after eating some dark chocolate or drinking some black tea, you will know it’s dumping. A thought?