NuPasta Konjac, Better than Noodles Konjac, Miracle Noodle Shirataki

konjac

I am conferring with the beehive on which konjac noodles are the preferred ones!

Last night, I had the Better than Noodles for the first time. I had dreaded opening it up and imagining I would be disappointed. So it sat in the closet for several months. I was happily surprised. Had made a nice Asian style duck soup with greens and added the konjac (after washing thoroughly) and it was DELISH!

Better than Noodles is the only brand I have tried so far. Have other members tried the other brands? Can anyone compare them side by side. I like to purchase a bunch more but am curious how the others compare.

Tx! AR

Low carb noodles or pasta
(Trish) #2

I’ve had NuPasta and other than it being a bit off texture - wise it was fine. Satisfied the craving, for lack of a better word, for fetucini alfredo. The second time I tossed them in a pan with some butter after rinsing to fry (dry) them a bit as I was told that would help with the texture. Really, my only complaint was the price of 4 bucks a serving. Despite that I will definitely get them again.

(Jan) #3

I found Healthy Noodles at Costco recently, and they’ve become my absolute favorite. Trying to add a pic but it’s not cooperating… I do like the shirataki type, but only in Asian foods…too rubbery for me elsewhere. And 1 g net carbs per a decent size serving, no bg or insulin spikes whatsoever for me. The most pasta-like noodles I’ve found.

(Ethan) #4

I get Miracle Noodles from subscribe and save on Amazon. I don’t need them often though, since I pretty much just put them in soups for texture or with keto chili.

(Jan) #5

And those seaweed noodles are my other favorite, especially for dishes that typically contain rice noodles like pho. I just simmer them a few minutes in the broth and they lose the crunch. They also make a very interesting salad with sliced cucumbers, a few tomatoes, a dash of vinegar, sweetener, salt, sesame oil. Very crunchy, no carbs, no issues for me.

Thanks so much for your thoughts/ideas on the konjac noodles. I now feel fine about trying other ones… AR

My preference is NuPasta but they’re $5 a serving where I am (2 for $7 when there’s a sale) so I don’t get them often. I like them, but not that much.

(Trish) #8

Ya come to think of it, it probably was 5 bucks for one pack. I got them at sobeys but going to check metro next time as apparently they also carry them. Could order on line too from the manufacturer directly. I think it’s 32 for an 8 pack and free shipping if memory serves.

Metro is where I get them!

Cool - I’m in Canada, too. So far I just purchased from Amazon but will check things out.

(Valerie Williams) #11

I’ve tried several brands, and I think the secret to all of them is in the preparation. Ignore package directions. Rinse really well under running water then shake out as much water as possible. Then pan fry them in some fat. Or add to soup or sauce. I also always chop them up otherwise I seem to gag on them. My favorite are the vermicelli.

Great - thanks - I actually just came back from a Chinese store and bought two different types. Adding them to the repertoire!